Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #511
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Just looked up Mo's keeper value....7th round! sweet ..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #512
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damnit, Harden sits and Lin has the game of his life. Why the hell did that Harden trade have to go down before the season started. Extremely small sample but I did have a theory that Harden being on the team would either take the pressure off Lin and actually help his numbers out OR would cause him to be tentative and defer too much and unfortunately thus far it's been the latter. Oh well, i've earned 1 damn good game out of him for all the eggs he's laid.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #513
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

lol, FC, your rejection of my offer is understandable. But your reason in the comment section is not. "Drummond is not available, sorry." You just offered him to me a couple of days ago so how is he not available? Change of heart? Or did you realize you made a trade that isn't helping you in the short term but nobody else is willing to give up a player of value for his potential.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #514
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
lol, FC, your rejection of my offer is understandable. But your reason in the comment section is not. "Drummond is not available, sorry." You just offered him to me a couple of days ago so how is he not available? Change of heart? Or did you realize you made a trade that isn't helping you in the short term but nobody else is willing to give up a player of value for his potential.
Just a couple of days ago? It shouldn't have been an offer I expected you to accept...
He is not available because (1) yes, nobody will give me value according to his potential (2) I think he is very close to get the minutes to realize that potential and (3) I have other players to cut right now, so I don't need to make space for free agents.

BTW, It's getting harder and harder to get deals done. I only had legit offers from Chamberlain and Toni to some extent. Then there are some teams that I offer decent players, better than half their roster, and they answer "I don't need your scrubs". Come on, those teams have like 35 points in the standing, and they don't need some young top 100 players?
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #515
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Just a couple of days ago? It shouldn't have been an offer I expected you to accept...
He is not available because (1) yes, nobody will give me value according to his potential (2) I think he is very close to get the minutes to realize that potential and (3) I have other players to cut right now, so I don't need to make space for free agents.

BTW, It's getting harder and harder to get deals done. I only had legit offers from Chamberlain and Toni to some extent. Then there are some teams that I offer decent players, better than half their roster, and they answer "I don't need your scrubs". Come on, those teams have like 35 points in the standing, and they don't need some young top 100 players?

I've actually been saying the same things for quite some time. I'm surprised you got good offers from Toni. He's given me several bad offers and said i'm overvaluing my players by not accepting them. Or people who were acting like I was giving them crazy offers when I was offering up Josh Smith back when he was playing badly. Like Tabak and Funk and some others. Oh well, I realize that's just how it goes around here. I'll know better for next season.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #516
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I've actually been saying the same things for quite some time. I'm surprised you got good offers from Toni. He's given me several bad offers and said i'm overvaluing my players by not accepting them. Or people who were acting like I was giving them crazy offers when I was offering up Josh Smith back when he was playing badly. Like Tabak and Funk and some others. Oh well, I realize that's just how it goes around here. I'll know better for next season.

You were offering Joe Johnson and Smith For Melo and Ibaka (correct me if i'm wrong) I still wouldn't do that trade, and I told you JJ was the deal breaker.

I like Josh Smith though...
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #517
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
You were offering Joe Johnson and Smith For Melo and Ibaka (correct me if i'm wrong) I still wouldn't do that trade, and I told you JJ was the deal breaker.

I like Josh Smith though...
Josh Smith is a 1st rounder in almost every league because of how many stat categories he contributes in. Melo is mainly points and rebounds. Still a good 2nd or 3rd rounder but not the same kind of value. Ibaka is around a 3rd rounder and Johnson probably 4th or 5th. You'd get the best player out of the trade, i'd get the 2nd and 3rd and you'd get the 4th. I can understand rejecting the offer but acting like it's such a crazy offer is what I don't get.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #518
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Josh Smith is a 1st rounder in almost every league because of how many stat categories he contributes in. Melo is mainly points and rebounds. Still a good 2nd or 3rd rounder but not the same kind of value. Ibaka is around a 3rd rounder and Johnson probably 4th or 5th. You'd get the best player out of the trade, i'd get the 2nd and 3rd and you'd get the 4th. I can understand rejecting the offer but acting like it's such a crazy offer is what I don't get.
Oh, it's not a crazy offer. Just one I wasn't interested in.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #519
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Nice two of my players with triple doubles (Noah and Jordan Crawford). Steadily my team is improving. Hopefully next year I can have a healthy team...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #520
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Nice two of my players with triple doubles (Noah and Jordan Crawford). Steadily my team is improving. Hopefully next year I can have a healthy team...

Is this year 6 of your 10 year plan to rule the fantasy pool? You seem to always be playing for next season!
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #521
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Is this year 6 of your 10 year plan to rule the fantasy pool? You seem to always be playing for next season!

not really. I have had 2 or 3 years that were going really well but been derailed by injuries. Even last year I was first until the injury bug hit. It pretty much coincided with Bargnani going down...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #522
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
not really. I have had 2 or 3 years that were going really well but been derailed by injuries. Even last year I was first until the injury bug hit. It pretty much coincided with Bargnani going down...

That's my excuse this year..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 AM   #523
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Wow, what a comeback!
I had a horrible draft. Five of my players went to waivers during the first month. Big disappointings due to injury or low performance in Kahwi, Klay Thonmpon, Nene, Millsap, Horford. Only Noah was a nice surprise.

After that, a crafty work to get some free agents and I was lucky to get Durant and Curry in trades (I give up Noah and CP3 anyway, so it was more the FA)

And now I am the leader again
Wow, I didn't think I would catch up with Rapsfan.
It is temporary, probably Rapsfan will be the leader agan tomorrow, but anyway

(BTW, sorry, Bokes, you won't finish the season aheda of me )
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #524
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ The stats are so close though. I have gone from 2nd to 8th and everywhere in between on a daily basis.

On a side note, looking for blocks and rebounds. Everyone on my team is available except Paul and Monroe.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #525
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Shocking....self promotion by FC on day 1 of being in the lead.

Everyone has had issues with their team. Love has missed games and still isn't playing right. Lopez, AK, Jrue, Lamarcus have all missed games (ie. real players, not names like Nene). I am behind in games....I like my chances.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: