Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Call up Chris Douglas Roberts

I believe in this dude. He is considered the number one player in the DLeague right now, and since our second unit is taking on a more defensive identity, could be a great fit for our bench.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Call up Chris Douglas Roberts

And who, may I ask, would he play ahead of off the bench? Meeks, Morris, Artest are all doing what is asked of them. Jordan Hill and Antawn Jamison are better than Chris Douglas Roberts. This is an unrealistic move.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
And who, may I ask, would he play ahead of off the bench? Meeks, Morris, Artest are all doing what is asked of them. Jordan Hill and Antawn Jamison are better than Chris Douglas Roberts. This is an unrealistic move.

I agree, and his .316 3pt shooting doesn't fit 'Antoni's offense.....not to mention 2.88 turnovers per game.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I agree, and his .316 3pt shooting doesn't fit 'Antoni's offense.....not to mention 2.88 turnovers per game.

wow...didn't even catch the turnovers part.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
kkinchen

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

He is the number one rated player in the dleague right now. No small accomplishment. Here is what is he is doing in the dleague right now:

27.8ppg, 5.4rpg, 3.6apg, 2.0spg, 50%fg, 40%3pts, 89%fts, and yes 4.2to per

All in all I think that would translate to a very solid bench player. And the fact that he is so competitive on defense and is shooting well particularly from three means he would fit in well into D'antoni's system.

I'm right. Somebody tell Mitch to take my advice and to call up CDR.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
He is the number one rated player in the dleague right now. No small accomplishment. Here is what is he is doing in the dleague right now:

27.8ppg, 5.4rpg, 3.6apg, 2.0spg, 50%fg, 40%3pts, 89%fts, and yes 4.2to per

All in all I think that would translate to a very solid bench player. And the fact that he is so competitive on defense and is shooting well particularly from three means he would fit in well into D'antoni's system.

I'm right. Somebody tell Mitch to take my advice and to call up CDR.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/
D-League website

Oops kk, sorry, my bad....I was quoting the stats of the wrong player.

5 games and you want to sign him??? 5 games don't make him a legend....oh, it does, he's playing for the Texas Legends....lol. Hey, did you see who is the 6th rated player......Goudelock, averaging 23.1ppg.

Last edited by DKLaker : 12-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
kkinchen

Quote:
http://www.nba.com/dleague/
D-League website

Oops kk, sorry, my bad....I was quoting the stats of the wrong player.

5 games and you want to sign him??? 5 games don't make him a legend....oh, it does, he's playing for the Texas Legends....lol. Hey, did you see who is the 6th rated player......Goudelock, averaging 23.1ppg.

LOL. I know you think goudelock is the next Jordan but I just don't see it! I think we need another young athletic sf like CDR because winning a championship is going to mean going through Durant and James. Between Metta, Ebanks, and a guy like for example CDR, I think we can realistic expect to slow those guys down and give ourselves a chance.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
LOL. I know you think goudelock is the next Jordan but I just don't see it! I think we need another young athletic sf like CDR because winning a championship is going to mean going through Durant and James. Between Metta, Ebanks, and a guy like for example CDR, I think we can realistic expect to slow those guys down and give ourselves a chance.

Come ok now kk.....Jordan? I was thinking more like Mini-Mamba Just kidding of course, but yeah, he's a good player who belongs in the NBA.

CDR is going to have to prove himself over more than just 5 games.
By the way, we have no rights to him, he can sign with anyone who wants him.....so it wouldn't be a call-up.

Ouch.....CDR's turnovers = 4.20!!!!!!!! That is NOT NBA ready!!!!! And YES, I checked it this time...lol.

Last edited by DKLaker : 12-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Fisher requested to be waived. Mavs will call up CDR hope he does well.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
Fisher requested to be waived. Mavs will call up CDR hope he does well.

He has officially been waived per his request. Here's the story:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...e-derek-fisher

Mark Cuban will never again sign a former Laker

BTW, Texas blows, I can't blame them for wanting to come home......lol.

Dallas had signed CDR but waived him the next day.....I don't think they had any rights to him from that but it looks like he is signing with them.......so, kk we will now see if you were right or not.

Last edited by DKLaker : 12-22-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
kkinchen

Quote:
He has officially been waived per his request. Here's the story:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...e-derek-fisher

Mark Cuban will never again sign a former Laker

BTW, Texas blows, I can't blame them for wanting to come home......lol.

Dallas had signed CDR but waived him the next day.....I don't think they had any rights to him from that but it looks like he is signing with them.......so, kk we will now see if you were right or not.

CDR is NBA ready. He is going to be a very solid bench player. That's all i'm saying. He is no star but he is gonna be a nice pickup for Dallas. Maybe we will take another look at my guy Terrence Williams now.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #12
DKLaker

CDR got waived again........he gets waived so much I can feel a breeze

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mavs-re...1622--nba.html
Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
CDR got waived again........he gets waived so much I can feel a breeze [/url]

L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: