Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #931
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
That's exactly how I felt when everyone was making up sh*t about the trade.

Which means they were averaging even more mpg before you made the trade. I like how you use selective stats the same way FC would...

They aren't selective...they are actual stats. If you don't think that trends matter then well I can't help you there.

As for the chopping block, nobody should fear this. It doesn't mean people are out of the league, if you're still active, make up as many games as possible, then that GM isn't going anywhere.

I also don't know why bad teams are the ones building for keepers. You can be good and also have good keepers. It will prevent people from making brutal deals that gut their team for a keeper. Also, with 3 keepers, unless you're acquiring a keeper better then what you have there is no reason to make a keeper deal. All deals should be to improve your season.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #932
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
They aren't selective...they are actual stats. If you don't think that trends matter then well I can't help you there.
Of course they do. That's why FC is smart to cash out when he sees guys having hot streaks.
Quote:
As for the chopping block, nobody should fear this. It doesn't mean people are out of the league, if you're still active, make up as many games as possible, then that GM isn't going anywhere.

I also don't know why bad teams are the ones building for keepers. You can be good and also have good keepers. It will prevent people from making brutal deals that gut their team for a keeper. Also, with 3 keepers, unless you're acquiring a keeper better then what you have there is no reason to make a keeper deal. All deals should be to improve your season.
Yes man, I'm all for more changes to the league during the season. They are all 'for the good of the league.' I also like the fact you teach us how to GM our teams and completely ignore strategies that other GMs might have. Keep 3 keepers and nothing more! Having more keepers in case of weakening other teams' keepers, having more options in case of injury is stupid...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #933
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #934
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Of course they do. That's why FC is smart to cash out when he sees guys having hot streaks.

Yes man, I'm all for more changes to the league during the season. They are all 'for the good of the league.' I also like the fact you teach us how to GM our teams and completely ignore strategies that other GMs might have. Keep 3 keepers and nothing more! Having more keepers in case of weakening other teams' keepers, having more options in case of injury is stupid...

Going childish again. Grown up conversation. Obviously having options is fine, but not adding option 5, 6, 7 etc to the point where it ruins your team and makes it not competetive.

And again, nobody should dispute having to perform to remain in the pool.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #935
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Going childish again. Grown up conversation. Obviously having options is fine, but not adding option 5, 6, 7 etc to the point where it ruins your team and makes it not competetive.

And again, nobody should dispute having to perform to remain in the pool.

It's a strategy, so you can become competitive for the following season. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but dismissing it is stupid...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #936
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
It's a strategy, so you can become competitive for the following season. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but dismissing it is stupid...

Strategy can have consequences is all I am suggesting. Have to remain competetive.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #937
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Brwnman, what I don't get is, if you hate the league so much why stay and keep complaining about it? Nobody's holding a gun to your head.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #938
RapsFan
Great college starter

^^^ agree. Keeper leagues are easier....and our waiver system is easier...everything in place to help create an equal playing field. I am ok with everything related to keeper leagues but I still think that the bottom 3 teams should be on the hot seat. Doesn't mean you're out, but if you'd in the bottom, not setting roster or making moves, then probably a swan song. A little pressure never hurt anyone. Still make moves to acquire keepers to help your team but you have to decide when enough is enough as gutting your team where it's a joke might not be in your best interest.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #939
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
^^^ agree. Keeper leagues are easier....and our waiver system is easier...everything in place to help create an equal playing field. I am ok with everything related to keeper leagues but I still think that the bottom 3 teams should be on the hot seat. Doesn't mean you're out, but if you'd in the bottom, not setting roster or making moves, then probably a swan song. A little pressure never hurt anyone. Still make moves to acquire keepers to help your team but you have to decide when enough is enough as gutting your team where it's a joke might not be in your best interest.
I agree. The least you can expect from a manager is to move the roster to complete the games played. It takes half a minute each day. And there are some managers in the league that don't do it. If we are a 13-teams league I expect to be just that. In the counting categories, we are a 7-teams league right now.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #940
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm actually fine with the idea of the bottom 3 teams being in the hot seat. It would either make for a more competitive league or it would give someone new the chance to come in the following year who could potentially be more active.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #941
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I'm actually fine with the idea of the bottom 3 teams being in the hot seat. It would either make for a more competitive league or it would give someone new the chance to come in the following year who could potentially be more active.

I'm almost in last place but I'm always participating and setting my rosters every day, as well as stay active in trades. I'm just having some really bad luck with my keepers and I didn't draft well at all this season. But if that's what you guys decide than I'll maybe have to sit a year out.

But that also affects the whole notion of planning your team for next season and trying to obtain keepers to make your team better for the future.

Maybe a better idea as well as dropping the amount of keepers to 3, is to reverse the draft order so that the last place team gets 1st overall pick and so forth. This will help the league be more competitive and probably prevent guys like RF being 1st place year after year. Just a thought.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #942
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I'm almost in last place but I'm always participating and setting my rosters every day, as well as stay active in trades. I'm just having some really bad luck with my keepers and I didn't draft well at all this season. But if that's what you guys decide than I'll maybe have to sit a year out.

But that also affects the whole notion of planning your team for next season and trying to obtain keepers to make your team better for the future.

Maybe a better idea as well as dropping the amount of keepers to 3, is to reverse the draft order so that the last place team gets 1st overall pick and so forth. This will help the league be more competitive and probably prevent guys like RF being 1st place year after year. Just a thought.

Think your missing the point a bit. The bottom three will be in the 'hot seat' not necessarily cut from the league. If your active you'll never get cut.

Think the rule is more for nonactive managers.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #943
RapsFan
Great college starter

^^ agreed. Toni - if you stay competetive and active you're not going anywhere.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #944
RapsFan
Great college starter

Here are my thoughts to improve:

1. Reduce to 3 keepers effective immediately

2. Change waiver system back to normal effective next season

3. Bottom 3 GMs are on the chopping block for replacement - not effective until after next season - this will make it important to not always make lopsided deals for the future, or more important, will delay the lopsided deals until closer to the trade deadline

Finally, one that hasn't been talked about yet which I think is significant.

4. 1st rounder can only be KEPT once - not effective until after next season

Currently, we can keep a player twice. This I think will change things at the top of the draft. If you draft someone in the 1st, you can keep them the next year so 2 years of ownership.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #945
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Think your missing the point a bit. The bottom three will be in the 'hot seat' not necessarily cut from the league. If your active you'll never get cut.

Think the rule is more for nonactive managers.
Yeah pretty much. That rule would be in effect for inactive managers. Not just for managers who are having a bad year in the standings.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: