Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #361
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

I was hoping 2014 but I now realistically think that tWoW doesn't come out until at least 2016.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #362
mika
High School Varsity 12th Man

mika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputationmika has a terrific reputation

mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #363
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://io9.com/5982629/an-awesome-mi...o-know-nothing
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #364
hops and stops
I brick open layups

hops and stops has not been impressing people

People should stop calling these books deep and well written. It's a questionably written series of fantasy books that is only successful from the lack of other epic fantasy-based sagas out there. From what I've read, the writer is totally crap and feeds off the killings of his main characters for no other reason than to shock the audience, but alas, most of today's readers haven't read more than five books the day they turn 18. So who cares how it's written let's be glad that they read something.

The tv series is similar. Just with boobs to try to get you through the lengths that could otherwise be filled with meaningful character developments.
hops and stops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #365
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops and stops
People should stop calling these books deep and well written. It's a questionably written series of fantasy books that is only successful from the lack of other epic fantasy-based sagas out there. From what I've read, the writer is totally crap and feeds off the killings of his main characters for no other reason than to shock the audience, but alas, most of today's readers haven't read more than five books the day they turn 18. So who cares how it's written let's be glad that they read something.

The tv series is similar. Just with boobs to try to get you through the lengths that could otherwise be filled with meaningful character developments.
Look how intricate and deep the whole world is, how many characters there are, and how the plot interweaves and how he paces things and reveals information. He's one guy coming up with all of this, and he has written other novels in between, not to mention writing for TV. In terms of world building he's on par with Tolkien, Lucas and Terry Pratchett. He is a good writer who has won loads of writing awards, and his books are popular because they're well written and tell interesting stories.

He doesn't feed off the killing of his main characters, I think his problem is he's so good at coming up with interesting characters that he just keeps adding more and more and more all the time. He's going to die before it all wraps up. Shit
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #366
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Someone who obviously doesn't get it
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #367
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #368
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was looking up theorys last night and Patchface seems to have good track record with predicting things.Then i read more into him and find out he a Targ himself

I always found Shireen interesting because of her greyscale and she has targ blood in her.Melisandre wants to make a sacrifice someone with kings blood to wake a dragon from stone but Shireen has greyscale which is kinda like stone on her face and she has dragons blood.

You add in that patchface is always with her.I dont know if what iam saying makes any sense but shit is crazy man.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #369
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I was looking up theorys last night and Patchface seems to have good track record with predicting things.Then i read more into him and find out he a Targ himself

I always found Shireen interesting because of her greyscale and she has targ blood in her.Melisandre wants to make a sacrifice someone with kings blood to wake a dragon from stone but Shireen has greyscale which is kinda like stone on her face and she has dragons blood.

You add in that patchface is always with her.I dont know if what iam saying makes any sense but shit is crazy man.
What is dead may never die.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #370
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Someone who obviously doesn't get it
And acts quasi intellectual beside that...
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #371
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Name the epic fantasy series you have read that are far superior to this series. This is easily a top 20 series as it stands right now.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #372
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
Name the epic fantasy series you have read that are far superior to this series. This is easily a top 20 series as it stands right now.
Top 5 and I have read my fair share.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #373
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Top 5 and I have read my fair share.

I'll have to wait til the final book before putting it in the top 5. I just hope he doesn't go the Robert Jordan route and dies before he finishes.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #374
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'll have to wait til the final book before putting it in the top 5. I just hope he doesn't go the Robert Jordan route and dies before he finishes.
i actually think the last few books written by the replacement author flowed better than jordan's last few. his books were getting too full with minutia. he can spend 5 pages just to describe a damn door....

back to the subject at hand...yes GoT is definitely top 5, and i've read fantasy and sci fi pretty much all my life.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #375
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't really disagree, but do consider these factors:

-Let's be honest, all fantasy writing is notoriously shitty. This isn't supposed to be Dostoevsky. It's fantasy written by a fantasy nerd for fantasy nerds. Its better than the majority of works in the genre, but it doesn't transcend the genre. Nothing wrong with that imo, you get what you expect.

-The chapter formatting with ten POVs per book spanning multiple chapters each is a very clever and suitable way to present a fantasy story. This style is the reason the series is a step up from other fantasy fair in terms of readibility.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: