Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default what company in the US makes the best chocolate?

I'm eating hershey kisses now and they are crap
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: what company in the US makes the best chocolate?

Snickers is the only chocolate you need man.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
I'm eating hershey kisses now and they are crap
Are you talking mass-market chocolate or higher end stuff?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All I know is that super terrible cheap chocolate that they sell in bulk on holidays like Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. I can't remember what it is called, I'm sure we have all tried it at some point because it is everywhere on holidays. On Halloween they are usefully wrapped eyeballs and such.

Edit: I remember now. If you see this logo, don't eat the chocolate:

Last edited by Myth : 02-17-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The guy who wrote the book Candy Freak said these were the best candy bars in America.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cadbury is probably my favorite of the brands you can buy in stores. Dove is a close second.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
therammingman

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
The guy who wrote the book Candy Freak said these were the best candy bars in America.

i've never seen these
Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #8
therammingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Are you talking mass-market chocolate or higher end stuff?

both i guess....but nothing absurdly expensive.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #9
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Cadbury is probably my favorite of the brands you can buy in stores. Dove is a close second.

Ooh, I second this. Cadbury chocolate is so smooth and creamy. Then you combine it with either their cream or caramel (or the newer chocolate fudge Cadbury eggs) and it is heaven.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #10
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Amazon has the 5 star bars.

You can get a lot of high end chocolate pretty easy where I live. The 24-hour Korean places usually carry a good selection. So I'll go by what's easily available there, in terms of availability. I prefer dark chocolate. These are the bars you eat piece by piece usually and not the whole thing like a Kit Kat or Snickers

Chocolove is excellent as is

Divine.

Lindt is very good and widely available.

Paul Newman's Dark Chocolate with Espresso is great. They make good peanut butter cups too.

If I was going by regular drug store or candy store candy, I would go with some of the new M&M dark chocolate flavors. I really like the dark chocolate mint ones.

I also know someone who got addicted to the Coconut ones for a while.

When I was kid I used to vacation in this town where they test marketed mint M&Ms, but they never brought them to market anywhere else. Now decades later they have, just after I stopped eating sugar for the most part.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #11
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

There's actually a chocolate factory right near my house that has been getting great reviews, but they suck.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:15 AM   #12
atljonesbro

atljonesbro has decent reputation

Dove chocolate is amazing and very common.
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #13
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lindt, Dove, Guylian, Godiva, Ghiradelli. All amazing.

My absolute favorites though would have to be those bite size Ferreros.

I could kill 30 of these in a sitting, easy.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #14
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah Lindt, Dove, and Ghiradelli are all on point. My favorite Ferreros as a kid were the brown ones but the boxes we would get would always be in a ratio of like 25 gold: 10 silver: 5 brown
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Ghiradelli for sure.
embersyc is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: