Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default It's sad it's come to this

everyone knows I'm a Kobe hater (and if you don't, now you do)

but it's really sad that the ASG has come to this.

i admire how Kobe plays hard like it's the last game of his life. i believe ASGs should be more competitive than what the new generation treats it. it wasn't like this in Jordan's time. guys played hard.

i just wished all star games were more competitive. all that star power concentrated in opposing teams and we get horsing around.

doesn't anybody wish to see what it would look like when the best of the east and west battled each other in a real competitive game? i'd put down money for that even in PPV.

props to Kobe for staying competitive. keep fighting old man. you never know when your last might be. last year might be your last playoffs...
I<3NBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: It's sad it's come to this

The game was so competitive in the last minute thats why LeBron was doing everything he can for the east to win but sadly Kobe's amazing, unbelievable, incredible, once in a lifetime, never before seen clutch defense on LeBron prevent the Queen team from winning.. As usual LeBron choked again, props to Gawdbe..

KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope Kobe's challenging Lebron will wake Lebron's competitive side. Can you imagine if that happens? Goodbye league...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

no, let's not talk Kobe and Lebron here you fkrs. let's talk about the ASG getting competitive.

i want to see winner of the ASG get finals homecourt.

let's see if these homeboys here "chill" in these games.

the best talent in the NBA and they're wasting it playing around.

i want a real game, with srs defense.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I hope Kobe's challenging Lebron will wake Lebron's competitive side. Can you imagine if that happens? Goodbye league...
I actually think that was Kobe's prime motive. Remember the last All-Star game where LeBron passed up the last shot, and Kobe kept bagging on him for not taking that shot? He really wants to bring back the cutthroat and gritty nature that existed on the NBA court before the 21st century.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation

I haven't found ASG's fun to watch in a while... sad truth.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Mr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMr. Jabbar is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
The game was so competitive in the last minute thats why LeBron was doing everything he can for the east to win but sadly Kobe's amazing, unbelievable, incredible, once in a lifetime, never before seen clutch defense on LeBron prevent the Queen team from winning.. As usual LeBron choked again, props to Gawdbe..

perhaps the best game recap I've read in a while, espn should hire you
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
no, let's not talk Kobe and Lebron here you fkrs. let's talk about the ASG getting competitive.

i want to see winner of the ASG get finals homecourt.

let's see if these homeboys here "chill" in these games.

the best talent in the NBA and they're wasting it playing around.

i want a real game, with srs defense.
that just wouldn't work. there are plenty of talented players in the ASG whose team has absolutely no chance of making the finals and they know it. you think KG is gonna play his heart out to give lebron and the heat homecourt? kyrie irving and paul george aren't gonna sacrifice their bodies so the heat have a better chance of winning the finals
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We must have seen different games last night...what I saw was entertaining as hell.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
that just wouldn't work. there are plenty of talented players in the ASG whose team has absolutely no chance of making the finals and they know it. you think KG is gonna play his heart out to give lebron and the heat homecourt? kyrie irving and paul george aren't gonna sacrifice their bodies so the heat have a better chance of winning the finals
winning conference gets to pick the format for the finals.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
as long as their teams are in the playoffs running, they would absolutely play for their conference, knowing there's always a chance it could be them going to the finals.

the Heat had 3 players for the East and Spoelstra was coaching. you don't think they'd have given their all had Finals HC advantage been on the line? how about the West team? that team all had players on contending teams. you think Pop wouldn't want to assure his Spurs a Finals HC advantage if ever?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
NA2126
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NA2126 has no real reputation yet.

Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. The players simply don't take these events serious anymore. I've heard excuses like they don't want to get injured, etc. The only player I did see play the ASG like any other game was Noah.

The saddest part was how pathetic the dunk contest has become. I remember growing up and seeing the cream of the crop participate in the dunk contest, guys like MJ, Wilkins, Vince Carter. Now it's either rookies or guys like Gerald Green, James White, and so on. Don't get me wrong, they may have hops but it's not remotely the same as watching Superstars go at it.
NA2126 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: