Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool
Default Thomas Robinson- Kings Highlights

I know highlights don't tell the whole story, but this video of T-Rob highlights makes the Kings look even more foolish than they already do.

I realize Robinson averaged a measly 4 points per game, but these highlights are a good example of what the Rockets like about him.
He looks super explosive, just a freak athlete. And it's not just ferocious dunks-- there are some impressive spin moves and finishes too.

If you are like me, and didn't see much of Thomas Robinson at Kansas or on Sacramento, check this out. I found it pretty eye-opening, and frankly I am shocked that the Kings gave up on him this early.

Could he become the next Stromile Swift? absolutely. But he also might become an evolutionary Blake Griffin/Amare Stoudemire/Gerald Wallace hybrid.

Daryl Morey--- I bow to you. Maloof Brothers--
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Thomas Robinson- Kings Highlights

Uh you didn't post a video
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
FindingTim

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Uh you didn't post a video

there are two links, legend. follow the blue. (I forgot to add them for a split second-- you are quick)
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #4
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
Could he become the next Stromile Swift? absolutely. But he also might become an evolutionary Blake Griffin/Amare Stoudemire/Gerald Wallace hybrid.

He will not even come close to BG, AS or G-Wall more like Kennath Faried with a move or two move but probably not as aggressive.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 02-22-2013 at 02:36 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
FindingTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Hes will not even come close to BG, AS or G-Wall more like Kennath Faried

the explosiveness reminds me of Amare, the physique seems more Gerald Wallace. The Blake Griffin part I just pulled out of my ass.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #6
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
there are two links, legend. follow the blue. (I forgot to add them for a split second-- you are quick)

Oh my bad I am on my phone it didn't come up
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 AM   #7
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the explosiveness reminds me of Amare, the physique seems more Gerald Wallace. The Blake Griffin part I just pulled out of my ass.

Thats a fair call, I think hes a better rebounder than Amare but his offensive skills have a lot of developing to still do. Again I will say it again hes going to be a terrific fit for the Rockets because he can be deadly on the pick n roll going to the basket using his quickness. Rockets have three guys who can run the pick n roll well (Lin, Harden and Parsons) and it will make life great for him.

Losing T-Rob is a bittersweet situation, losing him sucks (due to him being our only elite athlete) but I'm glad for him at the same time since hes going to a better place and hes a good guy and good potential.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #8
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He reminds me of a more polished JJ Hickson.

It was just bizarre that Sacremento drafted him in the first place if they had every intention of playing Thompson ahead of him. How stupid are you drafting a big man if you don't want him? His trade value has dropped dramatically where as I'm sure they could have got something decent for the pick around draft time.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #9
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
He reminds me of a more polished JJ Hickson.

It was just bizarre that Sacremento drafted him in the first place if they had every intention of playing Thompson ahead of him. How stupid are you drafting a big man if you don't want him? His trade value has dropped dramatically where as I'm sure they could have got something decent for the pick around draft time.

It was still a better pick than the Jimmer one a few years ago, but yeah the mistake came in not trading him but drafting him in the first place. Barnes or Lillard was the way to go, we needed a proper PG or a good SF but you know.....
Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #10
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

His floor has yet to be determined.

Robinson was a consensus 2-5 pick, he def has potential to develop.
noob cake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #11
tomtucker
NBA sixth man of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

asik is twice as good in houston as he was in chicago.......bet the same happens with t-rob........
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:39 AM   #12
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

It was honestly a mind-numbing move by the Kings.

They didn't even give a Top 5 pick his full rookie year to develop...a ridiculous trade on their behalf.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #13
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Dude looks to have plenty of potential, great handles for a big man. Still a bit raw but has a few nice moves. Under the tutelage of Mchale & Olajuwon plus the plethora of capable passers and team ball focus Houston has, should thrive considerably.

Great to see a young player with such commitment to hustle and chase down blocks. During the draft it was said he could go as high as the 2nd pick and be a career 20/10 guy with great defense. Don't doubt this in the slightest. Wish him all the best, great little team Houston is assembling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
asik is twice as good in houston as he was in chicago.......bet the same happens with t-rob........
Kind of expected considering he actually gets workable playing time. . .
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: