Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #466
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Marshon doesn't have to wonder why he doesn't play. Going 0-5 in the second half along with a turnover is beyond inexplicable. PJ is stupid. CJ had the hot hand and he benches him in favor of Marshon.

The biggest shot of the game came from Prince. That **** turd hit a big 3 with over two minutes to go and it was a two point game. If he misses that three, we're up by 5 with the ball in our hands and we could have made it a 7 or 8 point game with the crowd going crazy. Who did Prince hit the three on? Bogans, AKA THE SCRUB.
(0-3) second half.

Last edited by It's A VC3!!! : 02-24-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #467
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My 2 cents.
1) Brooks was awful. See rant above. He also had possessions down the stretch he was "iso marshon" which went nowhere and hurt the Nets.
2) They can't score down the stretch but they sit Lopez. Blatche had that ONE game down the stretch he was kicking ass, other than that he scores in these little flurries. Lopez is more consistent as a post threat. Him not playing in games they are losing down the stretch is confusing to me.
3) In a game where you really had to clobber people to get fouls the strategy of sending limping Deron down the lane to draw contact in a tie game (not even down where the refs would be more likely to make calls) was puzzling.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #468
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
My 2 cents.
1) Brooks was awful. See rant above. He also had possessions down the stretch he was "iso marshon" which went nowhere and hurt the Nets.
2) They can't score down the stretch but they sit Lopez. Blatche had that ONE game down the stretch he was kicking ass, other than that he scores in these little flurries. Lopez is more consistent as a post threat. Him not playing in games they are losing down the stretch is confusing to me.
3) In a game where you really had to clobber people to get fouls the strategy of sending limping Deron down the lane to draw contact in a tie game (not even down where the refs would be more likely to make calls) was puzzling.
Number two is totally inaccurate for this reason. Brook Lopez is too dumb and slow to guard Marc Gasol. As PJ pointed out, Marc killed Brook from the opening tip in both games. Right when Brook went out and we had a different player on Marc, we made a comeback. Brook Lopez needs to start understanding scouting reports better and stop sucking on pick and roll defense. Reggie Evans, Mirza and Blatche are 100x better than him on pick and roll defense.

Number one is true and for number three, we are only debating this because Deron didn't get the foul called. I though there was enough contact for a foul and it was a 60/40 call. If Deron goes to the line and puts us up by two and we win, you never write number three. But as you and I said, Marshon doesn't have to wonder why he doesn't play. Like WTF is the damn ball in his hands with under a minute to go. Especially after he's missed four straight shots.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #469
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Number two is totally inaccurate for this reason. Brook Lopez is too dumb and slow to guard Marc Gasol. As PJ pointed out, Marc killed Brook from the opening tip in both games. Right when Brook went out and we had a different player on Marc, we made a comeback. Brook Lopez needs to start understanding scouting reports better and stop sucking on pick and roll defense. Reggie Evans, Mirza and Blatche are 100x better than him on pick and roll defense.

Number one is true and for number three, we are only debating this because Deron didn't get the foul called. I though there was enough contact for a foul and it was a 60/40 call. If Deron goes to the line and puts us up by two and we win, you never write number three. But as you and I said, Marshon doesn't have to wonder why he doesn't play. Like WTF is the damn ball in his hands with under a minute to go. Especially after he's missed four straight shots.

Deron lost the ball on the 2nd play too. They weren't making calls and Deron was doing the limping around thing.

If Lopez can't be out there 4th qtr game on the line (3rd time in 4 games, let's not act like it was just this game) then what is he exactly? The all star center who is 2nd in the rotation? And considering the nets COULD NOT SCORE i'm not sure how that is justified.

Even if Lopez can't defend then do the offense/defense thing with him and Blatche. Tie game, 1 minute left, Lopez isn't in the game on offense?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #470
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Deron lost the ball on the 2nd play too. They weren't making calls and Deron was doing the limping around thing.

If Lopez can't be out there 4th qtr game on the line (3rd time in 4 games, let's not act like it was just this game) then what is he exactly? The all star center who is 2nd in the rotation? And considering the nets COULD NOT SCORE i'm not sure how that is justified.

Even if Lopez can't defend then do the offense/defense thing with him and Blatche. Tie game, 1 minute left, Lopez isn't in the game on offense?

The reason Brook isn't in the game for offense is because he is shooting an abysmal 41% from the field since the all-star game. Granted, he's gone up against very good defensive centers, but inserting him last night would have been trouble for two reasons. 1) He's shooting woes would have been a detriment on offense. 2) Marc Gasol would have taken over in crunch time because Brook is too slow and dumb to guard him.

PJ cost us the game last night. CJ Watson had the hot hand all night and he is benched for the entire fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Bogans, who has done ABSOLUTELY nothing the entire game, is on the floor. And he wasn't on because of his defense. Prince scored 5 points in one minute and he was the reason they won. 5 of the points on that 9-0 run with two minutes to go came from freaking Tayshaun Prince.

MarShon and Bogans go a combined 0-8 with one turnover just in the second half. And Gerald goes 0-6 with one turnover all by himself. How does that happen?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #471
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
The reason Brook isn't in the game for offense is because he is shooting an abysmal 41% from the field since the all-star game. Granted, he's gone up against very good defensive centers, but inserting him last night would have been trouble for two reasons. 1) He's shooting woes would have been a detriment on offense. 2) Marc Gasol would have taken over in crunch time because Brook is too slow and dumb to guard him.

PJ cost us the game last night. CJ Watson had the hot hand all night and he is benched for the entire fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Bogans, who has done ABSOLUTELY nothing the entire game, is on the floor. And he wasn't on because of his defense. Prince scored 5 points in one minute and he was the reason they won. 5 of the points on that 9-0 run with two minutes to go came from freaking Tayshaun Prince.

MarShon and Bogans go a combined 0-8 with one turnover just in the second half. And Gerald goes 0-6 with one turnover all by himself. How does that happen?

Brook has to be trusted though and learn to work through these moments. The Nets have no patience. If you don't let players learn when they are young they never will. Basically you got both, Brook didn't play, gained no experience and you lost too.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #472
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I actually agree with Niko here(though I wonder why he was posting in the nets forum to begin with). Marshon's struggles is largely due to Avery Johnson destroying his confidence early in the season by sitting him on the bench games after games. When you have shitty coaches, this is what happens. Marshon was already a half-damaged good when PJ took over, so its a tough choice what to do with Marshon.

However, young players need play time, they make mistakes but they also learn quickly from those mistakes. If you leave no room for them to make mistakes, they will never reach their full potential. Let's face it, the Nets have zero chance to beat the Heat in a playoffs series, its a good time to give young players like Marshon to practice and grow. Unless we find a way to move him for a quality PF next season, Marshon's improvement(along with Lopez's) will determine this team's ceiling.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #473
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I actually agree with Niko here(though I wonder why he was posting in the nets forum to begin with). Marshon's struggles is largely due to Avery Johnson destroying his confidence early in the season by sitting him on the bench games after games. When you have shitty coaches, this is what happens. Marshon was already a half-damaged good when PJ took over, so its a tough choice what to do with Marshon.

However, young players need play time, they make mistakes but they also learn quickly from those mistakes. If you leave no room for them to make mistakes, they will never reach their full potential. Let's face it, the Nets have zero chance to beat the Heat in a playoffs series, its a good time to give young players like Marshon to practice and grow. Unless we find a way to move him for a quality PF next season, Marshon's improvement(along with Lopez's) will determine this team's ceiling.

You think too high on MarShon. Sure his PT could be more secured to make better judgement of him, but for him to take ill advised shots while losing his man on the other end and not being blamed for is preposterous. And for you to say he deserves more playing time because we have no chance against Miami is basically assuming we're a lottery team who have nothing to lose. MarShon himself doesn't determine the ceiling. The entire bench production does. It's kinda hard to give the guy more minutes when he's not a player a team is trying to build around, also when he's been inconsistent when given the chance. You can't blame the coach for this. It's all on him.

Speaking of blaming the coach, I'm getting sick of Nets fans blame PJ for everything he does. Last time Brook was benched against the Bucks due to poor matchups Blatche played well getting a W and no one said shit. Then after a loss to Memphis everyone's on his ass for benching Brook for the exact same reason. If Brook played in the 4th and we lost the same way, people would be on him for not being consistent with his strategy. It's lose-lose situation for him. I mean I do agree sitting our go-to offensive player is a bit absurd, but how can he struggle against physical players like that when you're so-called the best offensive center in the NBA? Sanders and Gasol made him their bitch in those games.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #474
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Deron stepped up, and we beat the Pelicans in a close encounter. Not too shabby, could've been better with Joe Johnson playing though. How long is he going to miss games? I hope he wont be out for way too long.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #475
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Deron stepped up, and we beat the Pelicans in a close encounter. Not too shabby, could've been better with Joe Johnson playing though. How long is he going to miss games? I hope he wont be out for way too long.
Should have been a blowout and rest for the starters in the 4th. Oh well, I'm glad Deron has his confidence back.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #476
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Should have been a blowout and rest for the starters in the 4th. Oh well, I'm glad Deron has his confidence back.

We were playing without Joe Johnson after all, hes actually quite important to this team with Deron's severe injuries this season. I aint surprised it did not turn into a blowout, although man I admit it would have felt so much better had it been a comfortable win.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #477
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

How many times is this joke of a team going to get blown out by double digits in one ****ing quarter alone?!?!
Holy shit. The nets lose a game in one quarter alone. Why do they like playing only three quarters?
They shouldn't focus on catching the Knicks. They should pray that they don't fall to the seventh seed.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #478
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
How many times is this joke of a team going to get blown out by double digits in one ****ing quarter alone?!?!
Holy shit. The nets lose a game in one quarter alone. Why do they like playing only three quarters?
They shouldn't focus on catching the Knicks. They should pray that they don't fall to the seventh seed.

Is it just me or are some of them (Lopez and Blatche come to mind) just too freaking happy losing? Laughing, joking it up. Lopez with Carter at the end and Blatche bouncing off the bench to talk to the Mavs?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #479
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Losing to a nonplayoffs team at home...
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #480
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's time for the Nets to have a starting unit of Deron, CJ, Joe, Mirza and Lopez. Second and third quarters have been atrocious all season long and a change is past due. My proposed starting unit would be quicker than the original starting unit, be 100x better shooters and opposing defenders would have to actually guard each of these players. When Deron or Joe get doubled, Mirza and CJ would get an open shot and actually make the shot. When Deron and Joe get doubled currently, you have Gerald and Reggie that are no threat to even hit an open shot. A change is mandatory. The Nets cannot keep playing only three quarters every game. Our bench unit should then be Taylor, Bogans or Brooks at the 2, Gerald, Evans and Blatche.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread