Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Durant's season is really underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
and LeBron would've had more GOAT achievements if Boston's big 3 wasn't formed. Or if he had a greater cast like Durant had earlier in his career. Don't bring up 2011 situation because LeBron wasn't himself in the finals from all the scrutiny and pressure he had to handle.

I'm on Lebron's side in this debate, but don't say stuff like this. The 2011 Finals meltdown happened and Lebron has accepted blame for it, so it's time his stans did, too. That's not an excuse. He's done great things since the Dallas series and that's where everyone should focus.

Last edited by Djahjaga : 03-04-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #32
lebeast666
I Do This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djahjaga
I'm on Lebron's side in this debate, but don't say stuff like this. The 2011 Finals meltdown happened and Lebron has accepted blame for it, so it's time his stans did, too. That's not an excuse. He's done great things since the Dallas series and that's where we should focus.

Ya I know I'm just saying. He did pretty much choke but I'm saying if he played to his potential then no way he would have lost to Dallas with the roster he had
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #33
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Kblaze's argument was that Lebron's season is overrated because the Heat aren't on some legendary pace to win a ridiculous number of games, that true dominance somehow lies in ripping through the regular season. I'm saying that, as long as they win the title, that's dominant enough to ensure Lebron a place in the top 10 best seasons ever.

....this is what I replied to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
29/8/5/1/2 on 51/42/91 65 TS%

This is literally one of the 15 greatest regular seasons in NBA history, yet he's in the shadow because LeBron is having a top 5 all time regular season.

And you take that to mean that I think dominance does not involve the playoffs?

To put it simply....

Someone does 09 Lebron numbers and wins 66 games with Boobie, Mo, old Z, hughes and so on while someone does 12 Lebron numbers and wins less with Wade, Bosh, Ray, and so on....

09 Lebron wins the MVP.

So I dont quite see how Lebron is just having some otherworldly season far as MVP chances this year or last. Not when he has had at least 2 years himself that would probably win it over both of them.

Doesnt mean he was a better player then. But you win more with less help with the number he was doing back then(in 2010 he did like 30/9/8) you win MVP.

He wouldnt win MVP with his current year over any number of seasons. 2000 Shaq wins this year. 09 and 10 Lebron. 96 Jordan. 92 Jordan. 87 Magic. 67 and 68 Wilt. Several of Kareems seasons. Shit Dirk might win for 07. Good but not amazing team wins 67 games? People would laugh when he went out in the first round...but he already has the MVP.

Its not about how good they are on the bottom line. The topic was about how Lebrons seasons stacks up all time and what Durant could do with less imposing seasons in his way...suggesting there are only 4 or less of them.

I just dont see how thats the case.

Just be real here....

How do you vote for Lebron winning equal or less games on the Heat vs doing it on the Cavs with a bunch of role players?

You dont get to vote after june. You vote in April.

09 Lebron would win.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #34
Greg Oden 50
Banned

No............He is overrated IMO

Last edited by Greg Oden 50 : 03-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #35
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
No............He is oveerared IMO
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #36
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
....this is what I replied to:

And you take that to mean that I think dominance does not involve the playoffs?

To put it simply....

Someone does 09 Lebron numbers and wins 66 games with Boobie, Mo, old Z, hughes and so on while someone does 12 Lebron numbers and wins less with Wade, Bosh, Ray, and so on....

09 Lebron wins the MVP.

So I dont quite see how Lebron is just having some otherworldly season far as MVP chances this year or last. Not when he has had at least 2 years himself that would probably win it over both of them.

Doesnt mean he was a better player then. But you win more with less help with the number he was doing back then(in 2010 he did like 30/9/8) you win MVP.

He wouldnt win MVP with his current year over any number of seasons. 2000 Shaq wins this year. 09 and 10 Lebron. 96 Jordan. 92 Jordan. 87 Magic. 67 and 68 Wilt. Several of Kareems seasons. Shit Dirk might win for 07. Good but not amazing team wins 67 games? People would laugh when he went out in the first round...but he already has the MVP.

Its not about how good they are on the bottom line. The topic was about how Lebrons seasons stacks up all time and what Durant could do with less imposing seasons in his way...suggesting there are only 4 or less of them.

I just dont see how thats the case.

Just be real here....

How do you vote for Lebron winning equal or less games on the Heat vs doing it on the Cavs with a bunch of role players?

You dont get to vote after june. You vote in April.

09 Lebron would win.

He wouldn't be winning that many games with his old Cleveland team with the current East. Its a lot more of an open field at the moment, and as far as defense goes, nearly every team in the playoffs picture currently is fantastic defensively. Even the Bucks who are the 8th seed.

There is a greater collection of talent in each individual team as well, so more all star caliber players to take over games and challenge other teams.

Same goes with all the other player comparisons, where you transport each individual season into current basketball. The number of wins back then with their team might not translate to as many wins now. NBA basketball right now is more balanced than its ever been. You have a large number of teams with top heavy talent, and a great number of teams with up and coming talent, and it seems to be perfectly distributed to result in currently, maybe some of the most competitive league wide basketball we've seen in a long time.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

It's amazing that Durant has no MVPs. If LeBron didn't exist he'd likely have 2 or three at the momment, and likely a ring as well. Being great is all about timing I guess.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #38
Champ
I hit open 5-footers

Statistically speaking, I see some similarities to Bird's post MVP years ('87, '88), but he's still a notch below Bird in rebounding and substantially behind in his passing game.

Still, given his age, it's a great achievement.
Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: