Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #1
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Looking to the offseason...

Suns are in last place int he western conference. Lakers are falling and we own their pick this season.. the crop doesn't look so good this season but this is what nbadraft.net is predicting thus far.

perhaps we could trade both picks for another young player??

Let's hope that the Lakers continue their fall!

You can check the current mock draft here at nbadraft.net

Last edited by Anti Hero : 01-25-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Looking to the offseason...

Not following the draftees personally but you got any info any of the top 15 are anything the Suns should look into?
livingby3's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Noel Nerlins

Nations Best

Best defensive Player

NBADRAFT.Net profile
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Just by looking at these two picks (which could change, and may or may not actually be who the Suns are looking at) confirms what I thought the Suns were going to do when the brought in Lance. Lance helped form the Spurs team that won titles (also, was a part of the championship Pistons teams from the 00's).

Tall defensive minded big men. Morris, Nerlins and Austin would be a huge team. Not as exciting as a run and gun team, but could end up being more successful. I'd be okay with these picks.

I'll continue to update this thread as things change and get closer.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far

I hope the Suns will get the two best players available instead of going with a couple of safe pick. Hopefully Gortat will be dealt by the deadline since his value won't improve anymoe and he is getting up there in age, might as well get something for him then let him walk next season. There are some great coaches who are unemployed and Suns front office should look into that. A free agent at the SG position and the return of Channing Frye would be nice. As much as I like Scola on the team, Suns should try to move him next season since the Suns are in total youth movement.
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

It'll change a few more times and could still be wrong but this is the next player it predicts us to pick with the LA pick.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Expected to be selected with the 7th pick

Expected to be selected with the 13th pick

Don't know anything about either player, but I feel like I don't like either selection for the Suns.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

You shouldn't like that outlook much

There are a lot of good players- they don't sort themselves out clearly so that means good scouting will pay off huge.

I'd assume that the suns will draft bpa at any spot but what do you hope for?

I wouldn't be surprised if you came out w something like
Shabazz Muhammad 6-6 sg/sf UCLA
Kelly olynyk 7-0 c/pf gonzaga
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Shabazz would be cool in my book. I don't stay up on college players to be honest. I just wait until it's almost draft time and let the analysts tell me who is good . I really think we need a good wing player but I'd prefer a sf over a sg. I like the idea of keeping Goran at the 2 and Kendall at the 1, but I really hope is that we can secure some front court talent. I'd like to see the Suns get a very tall front court that can rebound and defend (+score).

Last edited by Anti Hero : 02-16-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputationlivingby3's has a terrific reputation

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...nclick_check=1

Quote:
Trade talk

Much of the Suns’ trade talk seems to have simmered down as the Thursday 1 p.m. deadline nears, but there is one more possibility.

ESPN.com reported New York’s interest in Jermaine O’Neal and Toronto’s interest in Sebastian Telfair while another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick.

Perkins is the type of center to fit the new defensively geared culture, although he is limited offensively for a team wanting to post up its big men.

Lamb probably would have been the Suns’ draft pick in June had Houston not made a trade to move up two spots and take him in front of Phoenix.

The Suns do have $6.4 million of cap room to take on salary in a deal, but it is more likely that the Suns stand pat to protect their two first-round draft picks and salary-cap space, which leaves room to sign a maximum-level free agent.

Say the Suns do indeed trade Gortat, Tucker, for Perkins, Lamb, first rounder. tank and draft Shabazz. Offer for Al Jefferson.

Perkins, Frye
Jefferson, Morris
Beasley, Dudley
Shabazz, Lamb
Dragic, Marshall

how will this work out?
livingby3's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #12
K 2tHa J b
Can barely lace up my sneakers

K 2tHa J b has an OK reputation so far

I'm excited about this years draft, as their are many intriguing players available. I'd love to see PHX draft a physical big man like a Anthony Bennett and a guard like a CJ McCollum. Mix that in with the Cap Space we have to possibly sign a big name free agent and they'll be on their way..
K 2tHa J b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Suns get- Tyson chandler, k Lowry, DEROZEN, l fields

Raptors get- amare, Felton, j Dudley, j white

Knicks get- dragic, gortat, frye, Bargnani
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: