Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Jose Calderon is gangsta

Gonna miss this cold blooded KILLA when he's traded.

lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jose Calderon is gangsta

Truth. I love his intensity and attitude, but unfortunately this team is no good for him. When/if he gets traded, I hope its to a team with a strong defensive presence in the paint.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I also like Calderon. In general. I like Chambs don't think he's the best fit on a team like ours but the guy has heart. I may discredit his defensive ability and his willingness to make risky passes and take shots when they're needed, but at least his heart is never in question. Can't say the same for the 7 foot guy who grabs 5 boards a game.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

It's an old comparison by now, but he's like a poor-man's Steve Nash...Nash can't play a lick of D either but makes up for it with HOF calibur distribution skills. Calderon isn't quite as offensively gifted and our interior D is so poor that he just frustrates us more. Put Calderon on a team with a defensive anchor in the paint and he'd shine. I'm thinking he'd line up more traditionally with Bynum in philly than Iggy currently does. Unlikely since they're going to probably want to add a pg to what they have without losing Iggy but just sayin...
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
It's an old comparison by now, but he's like a poor-man's Steve Nash...Nash can't play a lick of D either but makes up for it with HOF calibur distribution skills. Calderon isn't quite as offensively gifted and our interior D is so poor that he just frustrates us more. Put Calderon on a team with a defensive anchor in the paint and he'd shine. I'm thinking he'd line up more traditionally with Bynum in philly than Iggy currently does. Unlikely since they're going to probably want to add a pg to what they have without losing Iggy but just sayin...
They already "lost" Iggy. That's how they got Bynum. Iggy's in Denver now.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

For those of us over 40 on these boards (age) what the H%^* does gangsta mean ?
----

Yep there are a couple of teams where hit fits really well.

Memphis would be a great fit with the big men there and interior D. A great distributor would help that team....

New Orleans would be a great fit - as I dont think they have the PG they want and they will take time developing "doc's son".

Portland could seriously use his vet status to help Liliard... Liliard has speed to burn and Jose would give them the classic change of speed 1-2 punch.

He would also fit really well in Boston assuming they are giving up on Rondo...

Would have fit good in Chicago to back up Rose but tey sign a known quantity in Hinrich.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I could see him thriving on all of those teams mentioned Jballer. And in the way lilbeastnani used the term "gangsta", basically means he's a fearless competitor and wears his heart on his sleeve, not afraid to back down from anything/anyone.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I could see him thriving on all of those teams mentioned Jballer. And in the way lilbeastnani used the term "gangsta", basically means he's a fearless competitor and wears his heart on his sleeve, not afraid to back down from anything/anyone.
That was an awesome description Chambs! That's exactly what I meant. I just wanted to use the term GANGSTA because i'm a hip youngster.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Ain't nobody as gangsta as lilbeastnani.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/01...g-for-calderon
Quote:
The word weird was mentioned more often than the amount of assists Jose Calderon recorded as a Raptor.

“It’s just a different feeling,’’ began Calderon, whose return to the Air Canada Centre drew an unusually high amount of media members. “It’s just weird. So many feelings, so many memories. Next to my home (back in Spain), this is the place where I’ve spent most of my time.”

During the pre-game introductions, Calderon was the last Piston to be introduced.

Fans at the ACC stood in unison, a show of support not seen since Morris Peterson came to town for the first time.

There was no half-court kiss, but Calderon approached mid-court before he looked skyward and began to clap his hands as a show of respect.

During a timeout, an overhead tribute was presented, a moment the fans used to once again give Calderon a standing ovation.

It says a lot about Calderon that no one even remotely connected with the Raptors has anything bad to say about this pass-first point guard.

Despite his deficiencies on defence, Calderon endeared himself to teammates with his unselfish play and leadership, traits the Pistons coveted when they dealt for the veteran.

Here’s a guy who embodies class, one who wears his heart on his sleeve, a guy the Raptors can actually use.

“My teammates had to remind me not to make a left,’’ said Calderon, referring to the walk visitors make once they leave their team bus at the ACC’s loading dock.

Once into the building, the Raptors’ locker room is to the immediate left.

On Monday night, Calderon had to walk a little farther down the hallway and into the visitors room.

At the half, Calderon mistaken started towards the home team’s locker room as well before quickly realizing his mistake and having a good laugh about it.

His ex-teammates offered their well wishes and during one sequence Calderon reminded DeMar DeRozan of the play Toronto was running.

Jose Calderon has come a long way from the day he first showed his face in Toronto in 2005.

He found a home in Toronto and now fans have found a place in their heart for Calderon.

What a ride and what a night Monday would turn out to be, as weird as it can get.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: