Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,095
Default Devin Harris gone?

Their is a rumor that the Sixers could give up a couple of their first round picks to Devin Harris.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/4069 from SI.COM

Would 76ers deal pick to Mavs?
Posted: Monday May 21, 2007 05:33AM ET
If the 76ers' Billy King decides to trade a couple of their draft picks, they have to turn into a young veteran with upside. Would Dallas - which doesn't have its first-round pick - be willing to part with, say, a Devin Harris in order to get its hands on some prime, young big man?

Philadelphia Inquirer!
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
BigAl
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 691
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

Wow thats an interesting concept.

Philly is projected to go 12th in the lottery:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/index

Though not my favorite, I guess there could be some chance at Noah at 12. According to the top 10 he is estimated at 10 with falling stock.

Other big guys could be Spencer Hawes, Roy Hibbert, and Marc Gasol.

Marc Gasol is interesting. Pau's brother. 7'1" and 270 lbs. Said to have soft hands and has a good post game.

Last edited by BigAl : 05-21-2007 at 05:27 PM.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Big D
Posts: 598
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

I would love to have conley as our pg
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
BigAl
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 691
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

If the Mavs are aiming for a PG, move up in the draft, and can't get Conley, what would you think of Acie Law?

Bigger size than Conley and may be a little more NBA ready since he is a senior (Conley is a freshman).
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 AM   #5
thegamefritz
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: FORT WALTON BEACH FL/Cebu City
Posts: 46
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

TRADE DEVIN HARRIS and ERIC DUMBPIER for PAU GASOL then get a freaking PG- MIKE BIBBY or Mo williams perhaps
thegamefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
BigAl
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 691
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamefritz
TRADE DEVIN HARRIS and ERIC DUMBPIER for PAU GASOL then get a freaking PG- MIKE BIBBY or Mo williams perhaps

Why would Memphis do that when they could just keep Gasol and use their 4th pick for Conley?
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #7
thegamefritz
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: FORT WALTON BEACH FL/Cebu City
Posts: 46
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Why would Memphis do that when they could just keep Gasol and use their 4th pick for Conley?


MEMPHIS will be forced to that if GASOL himself would request to go to MAVS. MAVS must pursue, lured GASOL.

IF NOT:

THEN JET, AND DUMBPIER for ZACH RANDOLPH AND JARETT JACK. Then sign a big man Like MAGLOIRE, WEBBER or Even ANTONIO McDYESS

I would not want ZACH to be with the MAVS but if he will be trained and be disciplined he can be a real big HELP.. If not again, Trade him.

LETS SAY aim high

ZACH RANDOLPH and JARETT JACK for KIRK HINRICH and PJ BROWN..
thegamefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #8
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

They shouldn't trade Harris. He is young with tons of potential.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
Hooper
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

Billy King has been stalking him since his college days, waving Iverson their way and what not, but the deal wouldn't make any sense for Dallas. Avery says he's batting .220 and is waiting for him to bat .300 a while back. He now has a longer summer to refine his skills, he is too close to being a starting PG to be traded.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #10
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

No, they should keep Harris. He has great potential.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #11
dinks101
I hit open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 95
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamefritz
MEMPHIS will be forced to that if GASOL himself would request to go to MAVS. MAVS must pursue, lured GASOL.

IF NOT:

THEN JET, AND DUMBPIER for ZACH RANDOLPH AND JARETT JACK. Then sign a big man Like MAGLOIRE, WEBBER or Even ANTONIO McDYESS

I would not want ZACH to be with the MAVS but if he will be trained and be disciplined he can be a real big HELP.. If not again, Trade him.

LETS SAY aim high

ZACH RANDOLPH and JARETT JACK for KIRK HINRICH and PJ BROWN..
Man im not a Mavs fan but my god what the fook have you been smoking
dinks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #12
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP
 
JoHnShOeZ1492's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 492
Default Re: Devin Harris gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Their is a rumor that the Sixers could give up a couple of their first round picks to Devin Harris.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/4069 from SI.COM

Would 76ers deal pick to Mavs?
Posted: Monday May 21, 2007 05:33AM ET
If the 76ers' Billy King decides to trade a couple of their draft picks, they have to turn into a young veteran with upside. Would Dallas - which doesn't have its first-round pick - be willing to part with, say, a Devin Harris in order to get its hands on some prime, young big man?

Philadelphia Inquirer!

why? Philly has Miller and Harris is Dallas' Future
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy