Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #16
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Stockton, B Hansen, P Manning, R Kelley 1985 jacuzzi

Quote:
If there’s anything mysterious or remotely controversial, it would be Stockton’s description of "a stubborn undertow of friction" during his final season of 2002-03, when his teammates — not named — included Carlos Arroyo, Mark Jackson and DeShawn Stevenson. In Friday’s news conference, Stockton said that subject was worth discussing mainly because of how he chose not to address it at the time, which played into his decision to retire at age 41.

In turn, he angered his wife and Malone by making his brief announcement the day after a first-round playoff series against Sacramento, rather than telling them first.

Some sort of Christian clique they had from what I've heard before. Too bad they didn't get rid of them and he'd continued to play.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

As for coaching in the league, Stockton said he's open to the idea and has had discussions with the Jazz organization, but nothing formal has ever been introduced.

"We've had a discussion or two, and we did right before I retired," Stockton said. "Larry (Miller) and I talked about the prospects of one day me becoming a coach, and I guess we agreed on the decision not to. An actual offer and a denial hasn't happened yet."
Old 11-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
John Stockton’s new autobiography "Assisted" discusses a shift in team culture, a negative undercurrent in the Jazz locker room his last year in the league.

The book doesn’t name names, but a prominent thought has been that there were some issues with backup point guard Mark Jackson. In a 2003 Sports Illustrated story, Ian Thomsen reported, citing anonymous sources, "that over a period of weeks, [Jackson] succeeded in turning several teammates against Stockton by repeatedly remarking that those players would be better off if Jackson were the Jazz’s floor leader."

Asked Wednesday night if there were problems in the locker room that year, Jackson, now the coach of the Warriors, simply said, "No."

He called Stockton an all-time great and a winner.

I liked him the year he was with the Jazz but they were certainly better with John.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #19
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I liked him the year he was with the Jazz but they were certainly better with John.

interesting fact but i wouldn't be surprised because that year they had a lot of new faces on the team
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: