Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 08-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Your Thoughts On The 2008-09 Season-Fantasy Wise

Well, I all know all you fantasyaholics are looking forward to this season. Who do you think will be ice cold, and firey hot? Also, what rookies do you think will be amazing?

I want to get big into fantasy basketball this season, so i want you all to voice your opinions here and let your opinions be heard!

Dont bring your arguements here, just some good fantasy talk.

Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Your Thoughts On The 2008-09 Season-Fantasy Wise

Durant is a ligit 3rd rounder this year.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

I won't touch the cold and hot topic, but the rookies I will weigh in on.

Top 5 Rookies

#1. Greg Oden - After wisely shutting it down instead of trying to play the same year he had micro-fracture surgery. He also gave his still healing wrist that he played all though college on a chance to finally heal properly. Oden will come back as big and bad as ever... he has added a lot of weight to his already impressive frame and looks just as explosive as he ever has. He will be a game changing big man and he will do it right out of the gate.

#2. Michael "Beastly" Beasly - He will be this years Durant, only better and more consistant. Why you say? He has Wade and Marion to keep defenses honest, last year Durant was constantly doubled and even triple teamed. Beastly will have to face only a small amount of that. He is an exceptional rebounder, great scorer and has the ability to be a great defender too. Look for him to be a part of the 1 block/steal/3ptm club as a rookie.

#3. OJ Mayo - He could have gone number #1 and nobody really would have questioned it once they started playing. He has the size and and skills, along with potential to be an all time great. He will come out of the gate strong and only get better as the years go by.

#4. Russell Westbrook - With Ridnour and West gone, and Watson never really showing he is a full time starter, Westbrook by default will take over the duties as the lead guard in OKC. He compliments Durant and Green very well and will quickly show that OKC made the right choice.

#5. Jason Thompson - He is my longshot for the top 5. He dominated lesser competition and many say if he went to a more high profile school he would have been a top 5 pick(he still went 12th), he is this years Rodney Stucky(just a different position). He is very versatile for a big man, needs some more strength, but that will come with NBA training schedules. He can rebound with the best of them and he has landed in a great situation. Sac town is very thin on talented bigs. Expect Thompson and Hawes to get a chance to prove themselves this year.

The outside looking in:

Derrick Rose - He very well could be the best from this years rookie draft, but too many questions surrounding him in Chicago. With Hinrich, Hughes, Deng and potentially Gordon along with Sefolosha who had a good second half last year, why did the Bulls take Rose? Is he ready to take over a lot of minutes from established high priced players?

Kevin Love - If someone could guarantee me his health was going to be good, he would be top 4. Playing next to AlJeff will make his entrance into the NBA so smooth he might feel like he is still playing college ball... he couldn't ask for a better situation.

Brook Lopez - This guy couldn't ask for anything else, he comes into a situation where the guy who would have got the job left for Europe(Kristic), and the guy who was playing center last year was out of position(Boone). Frank is notoriously harsh on rookies, but there is no denying that Lopez should be the starter on that team.

Jarred Bayless - How deep is Portland? Deep enough I almost left Bayless out of my top 10... he has all the skill to be a great back court pairing with Roy. But Oden is back and the Blazers could make the playoffs... making Blake a real posibility to get the bulk of the minutes right away. Even if Blake falters, there is Rudy Fernandez who could easily come over and be an instant star in the NBA. Bayless is good, and could be starting along side Roy, just probably not until at least a third of the season has passed.

The "You forgot xxxxx" guys...

Danilo Gallinari - heh, the Knicks are so F'd up right now, who could have any confidence in anyone on that roster.

Eric Gordon - It's pretty obvious that the Clipps are looking to win, so don't expect many looks for this bomber while Davis, Kaman and Thornton are around.

Goran Dragic - Yeah, the Suns brass has labelled him the heir apparent to Nash, but Nash is a smart guy who's skills aren't reliant on him being young so I don't see Dragic really getting much time when Barbosa can play spot minutes at the point too.

JJ Hickson - With the front court woes that the Cavs seem to be heading for, I could see Hickson getting a chance to play here and there, I just don't think he will be ready. If he adjusts to the NBA game right away he will be one to watch.

If you want my thoughts on anyone else, just reply and i'll post a little blurb about them.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Too me, the league just got a whole lot deeper. It's going to be an exciting season!>

Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
shirkkan
I airball my layups

shirkkan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
If you want my thoughts on anyone else, just reply and i'll post a little blurb about them.

I want to know your thoughts about a not-rookie player.

What do you think about Jeff Foster now that Oneal has gone to Toronto?
shirkkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1-Beasly:with wade and marion, his hopes are high to get to the playoffs in the first year, and he is jam packed with potential. great rebounder and amazing scorer, the sky is the limit for him!

2-Greg Oden:coming off surgery and missing what should have been his 1st year, he looks legit. i remember a sportscaster last year said "right now all the blazers lack is solid D, and who has that? greg oden." He will be a big asset to the Blazers playoff chase

3-OJ Mayo:Potential to do better than Durant did, he is a definate 20ppg scorer. He is quite possibly the next LeBron-esque player, and thats one nice compliment

4-Kevin Love:Homer pick right here. he is my favorite rookie and he bleeds talent. he is a legit shooter all around, and can sink 1/2 court and full court shots which is awesome he is also a great rebounder, and playing with Al Jeff will be so helpful to him.

5-Derrick Rose:After a ****ty play in the summer league, i hope he can prove he is the #1 pick and become a PG similar to the likes of DWill/CP3. He might struggle his 1st year, but alot of great stars have. I do believe though he can put up nice numbers.

Watch out for

Goran Dragic-The suns really believe in him to be their next PG, and with Nash acting as a player mentor, he can really develop into a great player

Brook Lopez-Coming into a situation he has a starting spot, he looks to be a promising star to play with Yi and Vince.

Robin Lopez-Blockaholic. He is quite possible to be one of the greatest rookie blockers ever. And one of the greatest blockers ever period.

Russell Westbrook-OK, i probably underrated this guy. but anyways, he looks to be a legit young talent to play alongside Durant. these guys can become an extremely potent combo.

These are the guys i know the most about.

Oh, as for older players, watch out for Kevin Martin to get a good scoring season, and for Kevin Durant to get also a good scoring season.

They are both possibly able to avg ~25ppg. Kmart will probably end up with more
Old 08-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirkkan
I want to know your thoughts about a not-rookie player.

What do you think about Jeff Foster now that Oneal has gone to Toronto?

I really like Foster and the Pacers will never get value for him in any trade so he will almost definatly stick around until the twilight of his career(which is approaching). The big issue with him is he has nothing to his game except rebounding and hard nosed defense(the kind that doesn't show up on the stat sheet). He has never averaged more than 26 minutes, 7 point or even half a block a game. Last year you could say he broke out because he averaged 1.7 APG. I mean, Rasho brings the same kind of veteran savvy and Murphy has played center most of his NBA career so there isn't any guarantee he will even get his 25mpg this year. I peg him for slightly over his career numbers of 5/7/.8/.7... maybe 6ppg/8rpg/1apg/.5 steals and blocks. Very servicable as a 3rd center, but nothing special, he is on the old side of 30 now and is a utility player.

Add to all that the fact that Hibbert and McRoberts on the roster. I mean, neither of those guys is going to log major minutes because they are still young and raw... but if each of them average 4-6mpg, that's nearly one quarter of each game that the other centers on the roster don't play.

Last edited by Phenith : 08-25-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
shirkkan
I airball my layups

shirkkan has an OK reputation so far

What do you think about Sean Singletary in phoenix?
shirkkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Not worth a draft pick. Marginal at the VERY best.

Foster is in a platoon and it's a big one. He will at best help in 2 categories, rebounds and TOs. He doesn't shoot enough to have any impact on teh %s. I'd stay away. He's the type you pick up later in the year, when you know you need bds and can sacrifice the other categories.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:

The bulk of back-up PG minutes will go to Barbosa and Singletary is a clone of him really. Only way he will be getting any time at all will be if Nash or Barbosa go down with injury.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 AM   #11
MoBSTa_69
Can barely lace up my sneakers

MoBSTa_69 has an OK reputation so far

What do you guy's think about Rudy Fernandez?

I think he is ready for the NBA and could start a head of webster or travis Outlaw.
MoBSTa_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #12
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Russell Westbrook-OK, i probably underrated this guy. but anyways, he looks to be a legit young talent to play alongside Durant. these guys can become an extremely potent combo.

I love Russell on Oklahoma City but I dont think he is the kind of guy you want on your fantasy team. He plays great defense which there is not really a reward for in fantasy basketball. He will get some shots but Durant is a bit of a ball hog and he will take cazy shots that miss and give the other team the ball.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBSTa_69

I think he is ready for the NBA and could start a head of webster or travis Outlaw.
One dunk dosen't make a player ready for the NBA.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
Maniak
Maniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
One dunk dosen't make a player ready for the NBA.

i agree. i hope people dont just start overrating him because of that dunk
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

rysharps7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBSTa_69

I think he has definite sleeper potential. Yeah there will be a learning curve but he has the luxury of being on a team with a lot of other young stars that will allow him to not have to carry the load by any means. I don't know if he is worth drafting, maybe a very late round pick but I think he is someone that you should keep an eye on.
rysharps7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: