Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default What are you looking forward to the most?

From a Raptors' perspective, what are you most intrigued about this upcoming year?

For me, it's about what improvement Jamario Moon can bring to the table. His one task in the off-season was to improve on his ball handling skills. Obviously on the whole he had more things to worry about, but if there was one thing, I wanted him to improve his ball-handling skills. Over the course of the season, his jumpshot improved every single month. Another thing to watch out, is his on-ball D and not being aggressive on just about everybody. He needs to recognize the shooters and the penetrators. I can't wait to see his improvements (hopefully) this upcoming season...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: What are you looking forward to the most?

It's the obvious for me.

Jermaine O'Neal. He's saying all the right things but what if he doesn't get the touches he wants, can he stay healthy? But if things go well how big can he and Bosh be together?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Great choices so far. If I had to pick another it would be the Point Guard situation. I'm excited to see how Jose Claderon handles being THE starting Point, and just how good/ready is Roko Ukic.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Looking forward to seeing Kapono being used to his fullest capabilities. Believe me, give that guy 10-15 shots a game ..he's going to knock them down.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

I want to see how Sam does with the most talented roster he has had. It is true it is a player's league and you need talent to win and now Sam has it (assuming health).

It'd probably be too much to ask for some high post offensive sets using JO and Bosh but I'm still hoping to see some new wrinkles to the playbook.

Also kind of excited to see Hassan Adams play. He was very active when I watch the SL games and I'm not expecting much of him, just want to see that energy all season long defending.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

I'm intrigued about Jamario Moon, My hope is he will come to training camp like a wild dog on defence. Cause if Moon turns up his entensity this year and becomes more agressive on both sides of the ball, then we could have something special.

That would leave us better than solid at the 1, 3,4,5 spots. Leaving ? marks only at the 2 spot. And its not much of a question mark cause I think AP has 1 more good year left.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #7
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Calderon as a starter, Bargs development through the summer...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The JO/Bosh frontcourt. Not an original answer but it's going to be exciting. The Raptors now have their 2nd best player at a crucial position like C. Hopefully O'Neal was just taking it easy in Indiana and recovering from his injuries.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Top 3

1. Jermaine O'neal and his promising recovery, and hes ready for a championship
2. Calderon handling full time minutes
3. Jamario Moon
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Seeing Bargs progression over the summer.
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #11
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I want to see our defense with O'neal and Bosh and even Moon its gonna be special with LOTs and LOTS of rejections and its gonna be fun to watch.

I also want to see how bargs developed over the summer
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

This isn't what I'm most looking forward too, but since everyone else has covered a lot of other areas, another interesting thing is going to be seeing what type of player Nathan Jawai/Roko Ukic turn out to be. I don't think we should expect too much, but if one of the two impress we will be a much deeper team than we are expecting to be.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I'm also interested to see what's going to happen to Jose later in the season.

Will he tire as he has never been a full-time starter playing major minutes for a full season?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I remain extremely interested in the development of Bargs. We are all very tough on him, and it would be nice to see him prove us wrong with a big 3rd year off the bench, maybe even emerge as a 6th man-of-the-year candidate.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Since i live in Canada we get alot of the raps games and what i am looking forward to is Nathan Juwai and Bargs defence improvement.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: