Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star
 
oldenpolynice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,099
Default Golden State Without Monta

Without Monta, Golden State should call for a state of emergency. They will have two guys who can score (Jackson & Maggette) and two guys who can defend/rebound (Bierins and Turiaf). After that, it's all a bunch of question marks.

It's going to be a tough first part of the season and it will be very difficult to climb out of a hole if they fall into losing patterns early in the season.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress...-of-emergency/
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Godfather
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 6,041
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
Without Monta, Golden State should call for a state of emergency. They will have two guys who can score (Jackson & Maggette) and two guys who can defend/rebound (Bierins and Turiaf). After that, it's all a bunch of question marks.

It's going to be a tough first part of the season and it will be very difficult to climb out of a hole if they fall into losing patterns early in the season.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress...-of-emergency/

They weren't expected to get into the playoffs with Monta. I mean why not pull a Miami Heat and try to get a high draft pick (BJ Mullens is exactlly what they need), and start fresh next year.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star
 
oldenpolynice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
They weren't expected to get into the playoffs with Monta. I mean why not pull a Miami Heat and try to get a high draft pick (BJ Mullens is exactlly what they need), and start fresh next year.

Good point. Even with Monta, they're an incomplete team.

I think the reason that they're trying to "win now" is that Nellie is in the final stages of his contract and they don't want to waste what may be his last year with the team.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
willds09
Banned
 
willds09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: long island, NY
Posts: 4,184
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Without monta they are getting a high draft pick for 09, if they don't make a big move for a star point guard to take-ova
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan
 
TMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,107
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Even with Monta, the Warriors are expected to be outside looking in come playoff time. A healthy Shawn Livingston would be a nice pickup/temporary replacement for Ellis, but this is still not a playoff team.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star
 
oldenpolynice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
Without monta they are getting a high draft pick for 09, if they don't make a big move for a star point guard to take-ova

What star PG would they get though? There are few in the league. And even fewer of them are for sale.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
Young Money
I brick open layups
 
Young Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 145
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Regardless of where they end up in the standings, a lot of players currently on the roster should see "Opportunity". Especially Marcus Williams and Marco Belinelli. This is the chance they were hoping for, so hopefully they can get it done under these circumstances to be competitive and productive at the very least.
Young Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star
 
mrhoopfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

It's Brandan Wright time at the 4 Nellie!!!!!!!!!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Kobe Wins!
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Golden State without Monta is like team USA without Kobe: Nothing.
Kobe Wins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 21,855
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Wins!
Golden State without Monta is like team USA without Kobe: Nothing.

Leave please.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
Kobe Wins!
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Leave please.

Do I know you?
Kobe Wins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #12
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star
 
oldenpolynice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Money
Regardless of where they end up in the standings, a lot of players currently on the roster should see "Opportunity". Especially Marcus Williams and Marco Belinelli. This is the chance they were hoping for, so hopefully they can get it done under these circumstances to be competitive and productive at the very least.

Don't forget C.J. Watson. If he makes the team again...
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
1~Gibson~1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,283
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
Don't forget C.J. Watson. If he makes the team again...
CJ cant replace the talent of Monta (or the scoring)
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #14
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star
 
oldenpolynice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
CJ cant replace the talent of Monta (or the scoring)

Well, yeah, obviously. I was talking about him in terms of opportunity. With Monta out, CJ gets a lot more opportunity.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >
 
Nets fan 93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NewJersey Beast:Plumlee!!
Posts: 9,815
Default Re: Golden State Without Monta

Have you all forgotten about the MW trade? Marcus is going to shine if he starts. he has Maggette and Jackson. If you are Warriors fans, you will be seeing a lot of alley-oops to Biedrins and Maggette... TheWilliams trade was meant to happen. No lie
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy