Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Post Will a Lewis/Turkoglu froncourt cut it?

Will the Magic be able to get past teams like Detroit, Boston, Cleveland, Philly, Toronto with no true PF?

Last edited by final.wrath : 08-29-2008 at 06:14 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will a Lewis/Turkoglu froncourt cut it?

Howard is fine. He's meant to be a PF because he moves really well, but he can be a very good center too. The Magic need to bring another person in to relieve him though. The person doesn't even have to be of starter calibur, but they need to be a solid big guy that can defend and not give the opponent any slack in Dwight's bench time, so that Howard can play his best without having to worry about being able to get a break.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This should be the starting lineup

Nelson
Turkoglu/Pietrus
Lewis/Pietrus
Howard
Battie

Turkoglu would do good against SGs and Lewis would be better off playing SF. Howard would destroy other teams' PFs and Battie could just be himself.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
This should be the starting lineup

Nelson
Turkoglu/Pietrus
Lewis/Pietrus
Howard
Battie

Turkoglu would do good against SGs and Lewis would be better off playing SF. Howard would destroy other teams' PFs and Battie could just be himself.

Sorry, but Turk's too slow to guard even average SGs adequately. Any way you turn it, you're stuck with two quality SFs
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

This is very possibly one of those teams who plays defense with their offense. Other than Dwight Howard, nobody on the team is a great defender, but our big three is one of the highest scoring trios in the NBA. Everybody except for Howard can shoot the three, and if Howard can hit the boards hard, defense might not even be a concern, provided our offense compensates.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

My first post! Turkoglu will do fine at SF if he plays like last year. Rashard Lewis at PF isn't that bad, especially in the east, even though he is a SF because the NBA is on a "go small" trend. Theres been talks of Lebron and Tayshaun Prince playing PF at times during the coming season.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99
My first post! Turkoglu will do fine at SF if he plays like last year. Rashard Lewis at PF isn't that bad, especially in the east, even though he is a SF because the NBA is on a "go small" trend. Theres been talks of Lebron and Tayshaun Prince playing PF at times during the coming season.
welcome to insidehoops aka ISH and i agree. The cavs have been talking about running lebron at the 4 and the same with the cats and g-wallace, the pistons and tayshaun, the c's did it last year with posey/pierce at the 4, the hawks have j-smoove playing the 4, shawn marion plays the 4, and even thad young played the 4 last year in phili. so i dont think him at the 4 is a problem now that i thought about it. lots of teams are going small
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I think the team should be fine with this. In the modern NBA, players are constantly switching positions so it's basically 5 players on the court at the same time, and positions don't matter as much.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #9
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The question is will they be able to resign Turk??

---------------------------------------------------
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #10
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

I beleive it won't matter as Marcin Gortat will develop well with good ammount of Playing time.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #11
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsupra
The question is will they be able to resign Turk??

I really hope they do, but we all know Turkoglu will probably opt out and get more money. He definitely deserves it.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Will the Magic be able to get past teams like Detroit, Boston, Cleveland, Philly, Toronto with no true PF?
Rashard Lewis creates a nice mismatch (in our favor) at the PF spot. I really like him there.

Plus we're doing so well, I wouldn't really worry about it.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lewis is like 6'9 (or even bigger?) and he's pretty strong, a mismatch in the post area. He can step out and hit that jumpshot (he's first in the NBA in 3's made)
I watched the Bulls-Magic game in which Gortat got some burn, he played pretty well.

good luck re-signing Hedo
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
lewis is like 6'9 (or even bigger?) and he's pretty strong, a mismatch in the post area. He can step out and hit that jumpshot (he's first in the NBA in 3's made)
I watched the Bulls-Magic game in which Gortat got some burn, he played pretty well.

good luck re-signing Hedo
I'd really like to re-sign Turkoglu, but at the same time I know he deserves a lot of money for the way that he's been playing.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #15
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the magic frontcourt is fine. if anything its the backcourt that needs a little attention. Is there anybody besides Jameer who can drive the lane and create offense?
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: