Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 09-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default How can the Wizards get to the next level?

The team as it stands still seems good, with lots of firepower assuming Gilbert Arenas is healthy, but not a championship contender. How can they get to the next level and be up there with the top 2 or 3 East teams?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How can the Wizards get to the next level?

Maybe its just me but with Andray blatche improving i think this year might be the year they make it that far. But thats just me talking bout my favorite team.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far

They have all the tools to be one of the superior teams in the league except for a LEGIT big man in the C.
I think this year, with Haywoods improvement from last season hopefully carrying on and Andray Blatche who I'am expecting to have a big season, this may be a good year for the Wizards hopefully.
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
akdanny29
I brick open layups

akdanny29 has an OK reputation so far

They need to stay healthy ALL year, and especially when the playoffs roll around. I think Haywood is just getting better and better, and blatche showed us all what he could do in the summer league. This is the Wizards year.
akdanny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
Maybe its just me but with Andray blatche improving i think this year might be the year they make it that far. But thats just me talking bout my favorite team.

Ha Ha yeah right.... trade Gilbert Arenas for a pass-first point guard and a defensive big man. Arenas/Butler/Jamison will never make it to the next level without defense.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

The problem lies that this team has no true point guard. So to offset that, they need to work some sort of better ball handling into another position... for example... SF

Somehow work a trade to get Tayshaun Prince for Caron Butler. It would give some needed defense on the perimiter as well as a capable ball handler. On statsheets Butler averages more assists, rebounds and points, but somehow I still think it would work out well for the Wizards.

Other than that... they really just need everyone to stay healthy.

Last edited by beasted86 : 09-12-2008 at 09:42 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

-stay healthy
-find a/some post player(s)
-D~Fence
-Build the team around Caron Butler, not Gilbert Arenas.

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 09-12-2008 at 10:18 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wizards spent $150 million this offseason on two players that play no defense. Mediocrity for the next 4 years.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

You know what would get them to the next level, things that are out of their control. They've needed a big man for the last five years (and I mean, a good big man who demands double teams in the post and/or plays stifling post defense, no half hearted solutions like Jeff Foster, who make no sense), but the only problem is the very good big men are untouchable (unless some team absolutely collapses) or one that they'll have to trade Butler or Arenas to get, which would ultimately be a lateral move anyway. They need Butler or Arenas to take the next step but they need one more piece, otherwise they might as well blow the whole thing up and then we're back in the late 90s, early 00s, building towards the same mediocrity they have right now. The best they can hope for at the moment is that Blatche develops into the kind of player that his potential is holding out there (but this is starting to look like a pipe dream).
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
Mdog1
Banned

Mdog1 has decent reputation

Trade Gilbert for LeBron James (the best player in the world) and put him at Sg then put who ever in the hell ya want at point because it doesn't matter with LBJ on your team, not to mention if he had two allstars.
Mdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:15 AM   #11
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
Trade Gilbert for LeBron James (the best player in the world) and put him at Sg then put who ever in the hell ya want at point because it doesn't matter with LBJ on your team, not to mention if he had two allstars.

Why would cavaliers possibly do that trade?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
Why would cavaliers possibly do that trade?
they wouldnt. Somebody just made another account and goes around trolling on it, thats all.

They have no lives..........
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #13
EricGordon23
Good college starter

My friend told me he read from a site that haywood is now injured but he did not tell me how long he will be out for so another set back.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: