Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Nowitzki41MFFL

Default OT: Is this a good TV?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...T&cm_keycode=3

I just bought it, cant wait for this Sunday
Old 09-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Man, you got ripped off.

MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
exit
I brick open layups

exit has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Man, you got ripped off.

care to tell us why?
exit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Due, if your going LCD you should have gone SHARP. My bro works for a electronic store and says SHARP has good quality LCD's at a more affordable price.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

cant you get like a 64" for like 2 grand? I dont give a crap about all that HD, flat panel, tivo, cheeko crap, the screen aint that big for that price.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...T&cm_keycode=3

I just bought it, cant wait for this Sunday
you could have gotten a bigger 1080p TV for much cheaper
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm in the market for one myself, and I've narrowed it down to a 50" Plasma with a built in DVR by LG, a 50" plasma with ambient lighting system by Phillips, and as a backup, a 50" plasma by Panasonic, just because they seem the most reliable.
If anyone knows anything about these tvs, info is appreciated?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit
care to tell us why?

Na, I'm just messing with him. But there are a few cheaper and larger sets on the market.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 PM   #9
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I tend to avoid buying electronics through big name retailers like Best Buy or Circuit City.

I always look for it on newegg.com first. Almost all the time, the prices are much lower and I 100% trust newegg's reputation and customer service.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #10
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

50" Samsung

$1799.99 + tax + S&H at Futureshop.com
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I'm in the market for one myself, and I've narrowed it down to a 50" Plasma with a built in DVR by LG, a 50" plasma with ambient lighting system by Phillips, and as a backup, a 50" plasma by Panasonic, just because they seem the most reliable.
If anyone knows anything about these tvs, info is appreciated?

Don't buy phillips. They cut alot of corners and unless you're looking to buy a new tv in two years, I wouldn't shell out the dough.

For TV deals, just scout at slickdeals.net forums. I haven't bought any electronics at retail since high school.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #12
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Thats kinda expesive dude. I just bought a 62" sony lcd tv like last week for $3300 with liek the stand and a home theatre system. and the price is canadian since i live in canada.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
50" Samsung

$1799.99 + tax + S&H at Futureshop.com

Thats a rear projection TV, the picture quality sucks from angles and up close, I could have gotten one of those but the TV I got is 1000 times better.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #14
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by deion2123
you could have gotten a bigger 1080p TV for much cheaper

yes I could have, a rear projection TV, and those suck
Old 09-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #15
Nowitzki41MFFL

The TV at bestbuy was $2700, not $3400 like it says
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: