Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Ben Gordon leaving for CSKA

Is this legit or is Ben Gordon using CSKA to negotiate a better deal with the Bulls organization
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ben Gordon leaving for CSKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Is this legit or is Ben Gordon using CSKA to negotiate a better deal with the Bulls organization
I think it could be legit for one season atleast,he has said he will no longer play for the bulls.It will be a bonus for great britain too as he will be more readily available to play for GB.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am not sure if an euro team is ready to pay that much for decent NBA player.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

They found out either the paper or his agent was lying about it.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:47 AM   #5
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Teams are willing to go beyond the nba maximum, Tiago Splitter is making than the nba max equivilant of 15 million
Old 09-13-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Teams are willing to go beyond the nba maximum, Tiago Splitter is making than the nba max equivilant of 15 million
15 million what? scheckels?? he doesnt get 15million euros a year!!
I already put a list of top 20 euro salaries and Splitter is not even there.
here it is again.http://ebzone.blogspot.com/2008/09/t...asketball.html
Old 09-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
15 million what? scheckels?? he doesnt get 15million euros a year!!
I already put a list of top 20 euro salaries and Splitter is not even there.
here it is again.http://ebzone.blogspot.com/2008/09/t...asketball.html

Last time I checked he was making eight million after taxes and having his living expenses paid for, he also has endorsements. Tiago Splitter isn't poor by any means and is one of the highest paid basketball players in the world.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Last time I checked he was making eight million after taxes and having his living expenses paid for, he also has endorsements. Tiago Splitter isn't poor by any means and is one of the highest paid basketball players in the world.

Last time I checked, that's not anywhere near the NBA max.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Last time I checked, that's not anywhere near the NBA max.

Eight million after taxes is the equivalent of 16 million in nba contracts, 15 million is what Lebron James signed for and he doesn't get room and board paid for.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

well why is he not in the list of top paid players? where was it you checked?I'd like to see where it states that he earns 8million after taxes,I don't think he is anywhere near that.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
well why is he not in the list of top paid players? where was it you checked?I'd like to see where it states that he earns 8million after taxes,I don't think he is anywhere near that.

Most people like to keep their salaries private, the only thing disclosed was that spurs could pay him 1 million and he was making eight times that after taxes staying with Tau. No one really should be surprised the nba isn't exactly a good business.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Eight million after taxes is the equivalent of 16 million in nba contracts, 15 million is what Lebron James signed for and he doesn't get room and board paid for.

And Rashard Lewis makes 18 mil a year.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #13
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
And Rashard Lewis makes 18 mil a year.

The Orlando Magic have trouble paying him even 15 million a year, the people that think that there aren't bigger markets out there that can pay athletes more are idiots. Anyone that isn't concerned that the rest of the world isn't moving along without america and western europe keeping pace is a **** ****ing **** not worth their ***.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
The Orlando Magic have trouble paying him even 15 million a year, the people that think that there aren't bigger markets out there that can pay athletes more are idiots. Anyone that isn't concerned that the rest of the world isn't moving along without america and western europe keeping pace is a **** ****ing **** not worth their ***.
no one is saying that clubs cant pay more than the nba,of course they can.just that i doubt a club like TAU can pay 8million euros a year to one player.TAU's total budget for the year is 20million euros.could half of it or almost half of it be just for splitter?I doubt it.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #15
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
no one is saying that clubs cant pay more than the nba,of course they can.just that i doubt a club like TAU can pay 8million euros a year to one player.TAU's total budget for the year is 20million euros.could half of it or almost half of it be just for splitter?I doubt it.

Did you see Tau last year, Tiago Splitter was more than half their team. 20 million euros is like maccabi's budget and theirs has to be more.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: