Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Would you keep Skiles?

If you wer the GM would you have gotten rid of or kept Scott Skiles last season?

For me, I would have kept him at least through the rest of the season.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you keep Skiles?

I definitely would have waited until the end of the season. I don't understand why Pax didn't step in and put the players in their place if they refused to listen to Skiles. Unless there's a hidden personal reason for the firing that none of us would ever know, which I believe is the case.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I definitely would have waited until the end of the season. I don't understand why Pax didn't step in and put the players in their place if they refused to listen to Skiles. Unless there's a hidden personal reason for the firing that none of us would ever know, which I believe is the case.

I agree. I mean, didn't Skiles get fired on Christmas eve if my memory is correct? To do something like that is highly personal, but it doesn't sound like something Paxson would do.

This has Reinsdorf written all over it with some details unknown to us as Bulls fans.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #4
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
I agree. I mean, didn't Skiles get fired on Christmas eve if my memory is correct? To do something like that is highly personal, but it doesn't sound like something Paxson would do.

This has Reinsdorf written all over it with some details unknown to us as Bulls fans.

Your memory holds true. It did happen on Christmas Eve. That's horrible. We definitely don't know the true story behind this.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #5
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Yeah, I remember hearing that and was shocked, not as much that he was fired, but of the timing. Surprisingly, I would have fired him eventually anyways. I liked the dude as a coach, but he's known as being a hardass and that wasn't gonna stick with the guys on the roster. The only thing to do (I thought he should have been fired in the offseason though) was to get rid of the coach. He brought up the kids well and these guys were relatively disciplined under Skiles, playing hard on both sides of the ball, but his style can only do so much before it eventually becomes detrimental
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #6
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

No, because the players had tuned him out by then. He was a good coach but also was somewhat too much of a dictator (for instance his simple no headband rule). IMO he's a great coach to have in the short term if you want a younger team headed in the right direction, but not that great to have in a long term scenario. Rick Carlisle to me is basically a calmer version of Skiles & would have been better suited to coach this team.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
casual_observer
I airball my layups

casual_observer has an OK reputation so far

why would you miss skiles? do you want him back to see this lineup:

PG: hinrich
SG: gordon
SF: deng
PF: noce
C: gooden

I can see him playing this lineup because it is soo reliable :)

you want to see another waster year with TT, Thabo, Noah sitting on the bench?
He was not a bad coach in taking a team from Point A to B. he can't take a team to point C...tough personality, poor chemistry with players, sticking to loosing philosophies too long and was unable to make adjustments during the games.

I guess we can try to bring him back with this lineup if we can work some trades;

PG: chris Paul
SF: thabo
PF: Noce
C:deng
anyone needs a step ladder here. I bet you if skiles is driving a truck he will also get it under the tunnel...he will be careful about the height :)
casual_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual_observer
why would you miss skiles? do you want him back to see this lineup:

PG: hinrich
SF: deng
PF: noce
C: gooden

I can see him playing this lineup because it is soo reliable :)

you want to see another waster year with TT, Thabo, Noah sitting on the bench?
He was not a bad coach in taking a team from Point A to B. he can't take a team to point C...tough personality, poor chemistry with players, sticking to loosing philosophies too long and was unable to make adjustments during the games.

I guess we can try to bring him back with this lineup if we can work some trades;

anyone needs a step ladder here. I bet you if skiles is driving a truck he will also get it under the tunnel...he will be careful about the height :)

step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #9
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual_observer

Are you serious? You should know better than that, man. The Hornets wouldn't trade Chris Paul for Kobe, let alone to the Bulls.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: