Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: I saw The Wickerman last night.

This was a brutal movie. Do not see. I really am going to beleive movie reviews when it pertains to horror movies. I anticpate them, despite what critics say, then get burt after I spent my money on it. I love horror movies and this one could be the worst I've seen in a while. I'm almost compelled to spoil the ending to spare people from going.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

The movie wasn't even allowed to pre-screen for critics. That's an automatic "THIS MOVIE SUCKS" stamp.

So tell us what happens.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
You actually saw that? You had to see one of the previews, which makes the movie look terrible. The plot seems so incredibly horrible. A girl dissapears after a car accident, and the police officer or whatever goes to look for her?? And she is on an island?? Either I really misunderstood the trailer, or that is just some of the dumbest sh*t ever.

Me and my brother-in-law are horror movie buffs. The theatre we went to said they were playing Pulse. We got there and the flick had been discontinued there. So the only other horror flick was The Wickerman. Thought about Snakes on a Plane for a second, but we decided to go for what we intended to see, a horror flick.

As for the plot of the movie, the trailer did it way to much justice.
Tibbs, I could spoil it, but just in case anybody here is going to see it, I'll hold back. I really want to blurt it out though.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Me and my brother-in-law are horror movie buffs. The theatre we went to said they were playing Pulse. We got there and the flick had been discontinued there. So the only other horror flick was The Wickerman. Thought about Snakes on a Plane for a second, but we decided to go for what we intended to see, a horror flick.

As for the plot of the movie, the trailer did it way to much justice.
Tibbs, I could spoil it, but just in case anybody here is going to see it, I'll hold back. I really want to blurt it out though.

Say it.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #5
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Just search it on wikipedia. Thats what I do when i knew a movie was going to suck but was still interested by its story. I do hat for alot of movies like Freddy vs. Jason etc.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Just search it on wikipedia. Thats what I do when i knew a movie was going to suck but was still interested by its story. I do hat for alot of movies like Freddy vs. Jason etc.

It was a snap decision. I usually go with the local papers reviews. I also am a fan of whatever Nick Cage does, his acting was good in it though. If it weren't for him, it would have gone straigh to video.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Just tell us the movie and the ending. Just put a "Warning Spoiler" label at the top of your post so anyone who wants to see the movie wont read it. Thanks.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #8
hipballinjigga
Berkshire is the Woods

hipballinjigga has decent reputation

I thought the movie was not that bad. How hard was it to understand the plot? Sure, it should of never been listed in the horror category. I feel as if the drama category would of fit it better.
hipballinjigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #9
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the descent was a good horror movie. give that one a shot, good character development and suspense, then brutal at the end.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #10
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

You should have seen The Illusionist instead. No its not a horror movie, no it has nothing to do with this thread, but I think it's my favorite movie of the year, so there. Drop everything and see it. Now.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #11
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

I saw Wickerman yesterday and LMAO right in the theater. As many critics have written across the country, it is definitely unintentionally hilarious. It sucks big time, but it is entertaining because of it. A lot of fun nonetheless. The BEST-WORST movie of the year.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

was it that funny
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
I saw Wickerman yesterday and LMAO right in the theater. As many critics have written across the country, it is definitely unintentionally hilarious. It sucks big time, but it is entertaining because of it. A lot of fun nonetheless. The BEST-WORST movie of the year.

I must admit, I laughed my azz off at some scenes, even the ones that weren't intentionally funny. It was a sick, stupid ending, but it did have it's classic Nicolas Cage wit.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:02 AM   #14
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

most people believe the 1973 original rates as an 8 out of 10.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:12 AM   #15
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I must admit, I laughed my azz off at some scenes, even the ones that weren't intentionally funny. It was a sick, stupid ending, but it did have it's classic Nicolas Cage wit.

Whats the ending?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: