Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jefferson Money Advice

JtotheIzzo, Good Ol Willy, and finalwrath provided some of thiz. One'z a geyser, one'z in his late 20'z, and now it'z time for the full-fledged teen view. Add your own if you'd like.

Get comfortable with the opposite sex at an early age. Just cuz it has a vajayjay with breastz don’t mean it ain’t a human being lol. It can be the corniest, most ridiculous of subjectz but if you can confidently talk with a gal b4 u hit puberty, then I assure you you’re in for one h.ell of a love-life. All it takez is a cup of confidence, a dash of style, a pound of “be yourself”, a couple gramz of interesting, and some common ground, and you got yourself a potential friend. Notice I didn’t say girlfriend.

Gonna contradict my previous statement about “be yourself.” True, there ain’t nobody in the world exactly like you, but don’t think. Acquire your knowledge from a variety of sourcez. Develop them with your own twist. Purchase clothez from Eblenz and follow up with a trip to Haggar . Drink and party like no tomorrow one Friday night, and study, lie on the roof and look at the starz your next. Good music taste isn’t necessarily VARIETY, but it just is, usually. “You are an eclectic summation of your thoughts, experiences, dreams, and reflexes”. You’ll soon find out that the universe operatez in cyclez. And I’m not just talking about water, Krebs, and bikes. History truly repeatz itself *conceptually*, be it in another form or method.

Best friend iz overrated. Sure it doesn’t hurt to have one, but having a family, a girlfriend, and a couple of useful, loyal acquaintances are enough to support you emotionally. Just saying.

Speaking of cycles, look no further than your own dam pituitary glandz. We laugh when under immense stress/fear. We feel better after experiencing a tragic event. Four hourz after the light-headed high of a workout/awesome film, you return to neutral normalcy. Stabilize your emotionz. Visualize and teach yourself to create goosebumpz on the spot. This helpz out big time.

Look into your bathroom mirror. Stare and grimace at that disgusting image u see with all the flawz placed upon itz beauty. Slap yourself silly, and cuss out the flaws on your face. (I.e. I have a big nose and my skin isn’t super-clear) Beat the sh!t out of yourself and call yourself a coward, a punk, an insignificant phuck, a disgrace anything that will bring out tearz in yourself. Sleep it off, with one thought in mind. That you’ve got 80 and some change yearz to live and that you will phuck up, and there are those who are superior to you. “Its just the way of the world.” You are now secure. Through suffering you will succeed. Anybody insultz you about your personality, your looks, then accept it. They continue to bug you.. then clown them back. Timez ten.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jefferson Money Advice

“Don’t let a win get to your head, or a loss get to your heart.” – Public Enemy. Self explanatory. Complacency/Cockiness and Depression/Weak Effort should be avoided at all costz. It’z a shame soo many fall victim to it.

At an early age, understand that you “CAN NOT do anything that you want to be. You can’t achieve any dream that so happenz to form into a thought. You’ve got 70 years to live, and limited significance. The world don’t revolve around you, but you revolve around yourself.”

“Great Mindz think alike.” Bull***** quote. End of story. Alike is the key phuck-up.
Better quote is “Closest thing to an absolute truth is that there are none.” Keep that in mind and avoid the declarative statementz which Hawker partakez in

Try to avoid that esoteric attitude. Don’t let that be your motivation. You’re no Neo from Matrix. Yes the “massez are azzes”, but please avoid that attitude, especially in politix. The sheer arrogance and poor, cynical opinion of the humanz around u will destroy u, consuming your mentality to a “holier than art thou” type. Evil. Nexus and WTFaMonkey embody this. Accept humility and understand that you’re a human, an animal who will work hard, gain knowledge, and let that be your edge.. not your claim to fame.

On the same note, pride is crucial. Don’t ever let anyone tell you aren’t better than them. Stay humble, nice, calm and laid-back throughout the majority of real-life, but if you desire to set thingz straight, then so be it. Explode.

To conquer fear is to isolate yourself with it. End of story. Courage is all about knowing there’z something more important than succumbing to that which you’re scared of. I was not social az a child, but I look at people as a body, a mind, a soul. Now I can talk with the hottest girlz about periodz and feces without breaking a sweat.

G.O.W.” Indulge in the artz of one form or another. A musical instrument? Photoshop? Sculpturing? Heck pissing your name on the sidewalk. A little bit of expression here and there certainly help. Learn another language. After all, imagine your teacher drawing extravagant imagez in combination with boring text.. Wouldn’t ya learn a heck of a lot faster.

Self-deprecating humor and black comedy. EXCELLENT. Being able to laugh at yourself and the futility of the world iz something we all ought to do once in a while. Really, izn’t life just ridiculous!? Y’all are such flawed, loser, imbecilic phuckz, but hey you know what that’z why I luv ya.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 09-15-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Conformity and human nature. Use them as guides growing up, until you achieve self-discovery. By then, it iz something to strive away from. Seriously look at us. Proud, hypocritical, materialistic, ghey, insatiable appetitez for lust/money, greedy, will downplay our achievementz in public but not in private, betray our friendz for a hot girl, won’t insult someone face to face etc.. We really are imperfect animals. Mix in some robotic intelligence, with a foundation of brute instinct and you’ve got our race. The question is, “Can you evolve?”

Create your own code of honor and morality. Personally, I don’t let a single morsel of food go to waste, and I would never tell someone to “get a life” for odd interestz or smirk at the sh!tty outfit that they brought to school for the second day in a row. Especially if their ‘rentz had a hard time getting a proper meal on the table in da first place. I never share my burden with anybody, and never think I’m above anything. Establish your own and let that be a part of your legacy. Of course, you’re a filthy hypocrite in the grand scheme of thingz, but life is ironic/paradoxical. Stick to what you believe in and you shall be respected.

On the topic of motivation, use different sourcez. When you’re hitting the gym, the books, or your job, have the image of pleasing the ladies. Haz that gotten old? Now think of the poor, the tired, the homeless, the hungry? Not enough. Listen to a warm up song. Go for familial pride. And last but not least, “USE THE COUNTDOWN OF DEATH TO CARPE DIEM.” That’z what everything boilz down to. Life and Death.

For a small stage of your life, deny EVERYTHING that holdz the web of society’z silk in tact. I’m talking about “Love”, “Freedom”, “God”, “Dignity,” “Honor,” “Health” “Pride”, and “Money.” Think of them az false entities, and lose all hope. Hit rock bottom. As much of a direct rip-off of Fight Club as it is, this killz your emotionz and testz your spirit above all. Just lose belief and then gradually regain it. “All the world’z a stage and the people are nearly playahz.”
Old 09-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Do some form of sport! For every basketball there is out there, a tennis, croquet, or curling existz as well! Every human being, obese or anorexic and in between, can enjoy some physical, fun competition. Just BREAK OUT OF YOUR SHELL/COMFORT ZONE and E.X.P.L.O.R.E. Breakdancing, mountain climbing,.. “when you seek then you shall find.” Defy your endomorph geneticz fattie-two-shoez, and play till your sweat perspirez.

Eat a clean diet. I can’t explain how much better I feel. I’m talking about eggs in olive oil, steel-cut oatmeal, fruits, multivitamin. Fresh sandwiches, authentic Asian food, steamed asparagus/broccoli, baked fish with lemon. Cut out the dam processed foodz, and the soda. The sugar rushes are just pathetic. Your body will thank you.

On that note, be sure to consume junk, phuck around with germz. Do something evil, now and then. Gary Smith said this best. “Why do you think we have an immune system?”

Political Correctness. A sham. Your brutal honesty iz valued above all, but don’t deem thiz concept as a complete fraud. Poking fun at otherz, divulging in deeper territories is fine and dandy, and laughing at how cripples cant move is ok once in a while. My point is defy it, but don’t let destructive azzholez believe that they’re better than you simply because they are not afraid of calling someone a “bum” a “nerd” or using demographics, which do have “Racist” tendencies. In contrast, I’m not a fan of idealistic liberal puccies at all seeing az how my open-minded opinionz normally get grouped with them, but just perceive thiz as unnecessary niceness. Cheap small talk. An integral part of life that doezn’t really amount to anything, nor is a large enough threat to tackle first hand. Work your way around by going right through that bush instead of beating around.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Before reading:

What are your credentials? What success have you had in life so we should follow your advice? Where are you now and basically why should anyone follow "your" advice? No one wants to follow no financially struggling guys advice or anything like that.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

J Money giving a lecture.

Even if it was a bit of a ramble, it was still an entertaining read. With some wisdom hidden in there somewhere.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Before reading:

What are your credentials? What success have you had in life so we should follow your advice? Where are you now and basically why should anyone follow "your" advice? No one wants to follow no financially struggling guys advice or anything like that.

Good questions. I can only spit what I know, and I can assure you I'm not the best man to follow. My only credentials are that I won a scholarship, support my family, am decent at the guitar, very good at basketball, an A/B student, and that'z about it. It'z my imagination and soul that set me apart. In real life, I'm just a notch above mediocre. All of it is idealistic rhetoric. But hey perhaps it sparks a couple of the ISH member's imaginations.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

good stuff. keep going.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

money as in "its a win".

aka "youre so money and you dont even know it"
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

Why did you write all that J-Money? I find it very sad.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

I can't stress how awesome pure, unadulterated nature doez for the soul. Keeping a dog, helping a pigeon stuck in soda plastic, walking through the park, swimming in the lake, biking through the woodz.. greatness. I can't quite describe the charm, but it'z beautiful. End of story. Gorgeous beyond any Giselle, Lima, or Kardashian can hope for.

Don't be afraid to fight every now and then. Few people have the killer instinct to be able to bash your brainz in. A fistfight or two will do one good, especially if it'z not a publicity stunt. Eastern philosophical viewz and maximum power output from a lean physique are what make martial artz an incredible art to partake in. But just getting your azz whooped iz honorable in itself. And oh yeah, very thin line between courage and stupidity. Someone makez fun of your shirt or the streetz you come from, does NOT warrant a fist to da face of yo opponent. Play that ish off. But always keep it real. and DO the right thing.

Go completely apesh!t once in a while. Relieve your body of all that unnecessary stress. Just let loose: be it on the dance floor, while jamming out to an instrument, on the basketball court, while sleeping. Don't give a phuck. just wildly move, scream, claw, unleash your animalistic instinct. This will give u a chance to remain patient when the time requirez it.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 09-14-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moar! Moar!
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Sorry, but that pretentious replacing of "s" by "z" kills it for me. Can't read that stuff.

Stay natural. Stick out by being different, not by trying to be.

That was my money advice for you.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Good read. A bit wordy, but pretty interesting.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
Sorry, but that pretentious replacing of "s" by "z" kills it for me. Can't read that stuff.

Stay natural. Stick out by being different, not by trying to be.

That was my money advice for you.

Yeah man that killz me too.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: