Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 09-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people
Default Trade idea

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

Tj Ford/jarret jack/ pg filler
Jr Smith/marquis daniels/brandon rush
Mike Dunleavy/danny granger
Kenyon Martin/Travis Diener
Jeff Foster/rasho

denver

tinsley
ai
melo
troy murphy
steven hunter
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trade idea

JR Smith >>>>> Anything else involved in that trade

Denver does not do this. Why woud they? They still are financially strapped with Murphy and Tinsley. They do not improve in that aspect. This improves the Pacers bc they get the only guy who holds true value in this deal. Hibbert is not enough to sweeten the pot for JR. JR is part of the Nuggets future.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
JR Smith >>>>> Anything else involved in that trade

Denver does not do this. Why woud they? They still are financially strapped with Murphy and Tinsley. They do not improve in that aspect. This improves the Pacers bc they get the only guy who holds true value in this deal. Hibbert is not enough to sweeten the pot for JR. JR is part of the Nuggets future.

+1

The Nuggets get robbed, BIG TIME
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Other than the fact Denver'd immediately hang up...

It doesn't help Indy all that much. People're bigger fans of JR Smith than I am, I think he's just a chucker. And a knucklehead, the exact type of guy we've been trying to get rid of. Besides that, it barely saves Indy any money. Martin's an injury waiting to happen, and it makes Indy even thinner up front. Think if Martin went down, Foster and Rasho are the only bigs on the roster. Smith also blocks any development of Rush, and gives Indy an even bigger glut at the wing (Granger, Williams, Dunleavy, Smith, Rush, Daniels). Those are all guys who should get PT (other than Daniels, and to a lesser degree Williams), but even taking Daniels completely out of the equation, that's 5 guys in your rotation who more or less play the same position.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

This trade idea was also posted in the main forum...this is what i responsed on it.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the Pacers will have to pass on that. JR Smith's attitude is not what the Pacers need. We've already had Artest and Jackson. K-Mart is what the Pacers need, but his contract and injuries is are too risky, then again, so are Tinsley's. We really havent had a chance to see what Hibbert can do, from what Ive read, his work ethics is amazing and he is impressing a lot of the Pacer coaches with his maturity and work ethic, its too early for the Pacers to give up on him and trade him already.

To me, Tinsley and K Mart have almost the same value. Both are productive when they play. Both are injury prone and have big contracts. I wouldnt mind a Marquis Daniels + Tinsley for K Mart trade http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7&te= &cash=

Denver had been trying to lower is salary and Daniels is expiring at the end of the season. But I really dont see Bird interest in Martin's $14 mill/season contract. I dont see much interest in him

Ford/Jack/Diener
Dunleavy/Rush
Granger/Williams
KMart/Foster
Murphy/Rasho/Hibbert

Overall, this isnt going to happen. Indy has been trying to free up cap space to hit next year's free agency market. Im sure they'll be interested in Boozer if they can scrap up enough money after signing Granger. Pacers have a lot of expirers at the end of his season: Daniels ($6,864,200), Bason ($2,272,860), Diener ($1,620,000), Foster ($5,500,000 - who will probably be re-signed), Graham ($826,269), and Nesterovic ( $8,400,000) and McRoberts ($711,517)...Jack, Granger and Williams (if he behaves and matures) will most
likely be resigned.

Basically $26,194,846 will come off the books next year, but Granger and Jack will be the main player that need to be signed. Right now the Pacers are $10 mill over the cap. So they'll have about $16 mill to re-sign players or add to their roster. The cap right now is at about $59 million, ive heard rumors that next season it will be at $65 (I dont know where I read this, but I remember it). If Granger is signed at about $11 million a season and Jack at $4 million a season thats $15 mill gone right away about about $1 million to work with, with the current salary cap. If the cap moves about $6 Million up, then the Pacers will have $7 million to work with. If the Pacers can sign Boozer for $12 million a season that means they'll only be over the cap by $5 million with this roster:

Ford/Jack
Dunleavy/Rush
Granger/Williams
Boozer/Foster
Murphy/Hibbert

Not a bad start 5. Sorry for that long analysis, just trying to put in perspective what the Pacers are trying to do
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Other than the fact Denver'd immediately hang up...

It doesn't help Indy all that much. People're bigger fans of JR Smith than I am, I think he's just a chucker. And a knucklehead, the exact type of guy we've been trying to get rid of. Besides that, it barely saves Indy any money. Martin's an injury waiting to happen, and it makes Indy even thinner up front. Think if Martin went down, Foster and Rasho are the only bigs on the roster. Smith also blocks any development of Rush, and gives Indy an even bigger glut at the wing (Granger, Williams, Dunleavy, Smith, Rush, Daniels). Those are all guys who should get PT (other than Daniels, and to a lesser degree Williams), but even taking Daniels completely out of the equation, that's 5 guys in your rotation who more or less play the same position.

He has improved his overall game. Yes he is a scorer, thus why he likes to take shots. I think he has done some maturing the past year or so. Havnt heard anything of him being much of a headcase lately. But I agree with you that this trade does essentially nothing to alleviate the real problems you guys have. Yes you get to ship Tinsley out but the big man is the real concern and Kmart is not the answer.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipes12
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

Tj Ford/jarret jack/ pg filler
Jr Smith/marquis daniels/brandon rush
Mike Dunleavy/danny granger
Kenyon Martin/Travis Diener
Jeff Foster/rasho

denver

tinsley
ai
melo
troy murphy
steven hunter

how do you say "hell no" in german?

kenyon martin's knees are about dead.
you don't even have granger starting.
marquis "i can't shoot and bird hates me" daniels in front of rush?
jr smith is a basketcase and we have our quota maxed in that area right now.

Last edited by jbot : 09-21-2008 at 07:26 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: