Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 09-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Jarrett Jack likely the blazers starting PG

Sept. 4, Oregonian, John Canzano blog:

Right now, the Blazers have Jarrett Jack penciled in as the starter, and were expected to use Brandon Roy in spots at the point. (Dan Dickau's injury leaves him as a non-factor right now). But if Rodriguez really can play 6-10 minutes a game, it would give the team some real depth.

I like the kid. But I'm not sold until he gets bigger and stronger. Can't imagine Rodriguez trying to guard Baron Davis and the other big NBA guards.

Also, whisper is the Blazers are still seeking a small forward to give them depth at a position where they are more than a little thin and shaky. Still, don't expect a trade. Right now, the rotation would include Darius Miles, Travis Outlaw, and possibly Martell Webster. With Miles' knees rumored to be problematic and Outlaw and Webster inexperienced, word is the Blazers are are going to eyeball the waiver wire, go on the cheap, and pounce when a serviceable player becomes available.

insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Could the Blazers still get Dermarr Johnson? He'd be a nice back up SF for them because he can hit 3s and play decent D. Not even old yet either.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

They could. He's still a FA. But with the SG's already on the team they probably won't
Old 09-13-2006, 03:07 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Check out this article about Sergio's first practices with the blazers. I hope he gets 15 - 20 mpg this year.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

A week or so later and yeah, Jack gets the starting PG job, for now
Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #6
JJCollector
I airball my layups

JJCollector has an OK reputation so far

JACK IS A BEAST! and well deserving of the starting job, which he will not lose as he (along w/ Roy, Webster, Aldrige, & Pryzbilla) is the future of that team. Finally everyone will see what I've seen in him since his days at GT.
JJCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
adrenalize
I airball my layups

adrenalize has an OK reputation so far

People gonna be blown away by New-Jack! I could seriously see him get an All-Star bid this year. Soooo many positive things happening this year! Even Randolph appears to have a new attitude!! vets+youth+experience+attitude+GREAT coach = 40 wins? Possible (and thats if everything goes smooth) 8th seed???
adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: