Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-06-2006, 04:27 AM   #1
Milkman

Default National Basketball Association "World Champs"

Spain are the World Champs not your NBA teams... god damn yanks are so full of themselves to call the NBA champions "World Champs"

STFU untill you get better than 3rd.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
Spain are the World Champs not your NBA teams... god damn yanks are so full of themselves to call the NBA champions "World Champs"

STFU untill you get better than 3rd.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 AM   #3
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

I take it this thread was spawned by me calling the Heat the world Champs in the post your favorite lineup thread. Well, I have already taken it back and please dont call me a yank, its a Canuck, OK?
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
I take it this thread was spawned by me calling the Heat the world Champs in the post your favorite lineup thread. Well, I have already taken it back and please dont call me a yank, its a Canuck, OK?
It may not be only for you, a lot of people here underrate FIBA basketball and consider the NBA champion to be the best team in the world.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:09 AM   #5
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

i thought it was stupid even when USA was dominating the world teams.
It can't be a world championship if only one country is competing. OK two but Canada has one team, its ridiculous. At best its the North American Championship.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #6
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

NBa Champions = World Champions

FiBa Champions= World Champions

Olympics Champions = World Champions

Deal with it. The best players in the world play in the NBA.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
If the best players in the world are playing in the NBA how come Greece, the team that beat USA have no NBA players?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #8
oldschoolreebok
Can barely lace up my sneakers

oldschoolreebok has an OK reputation so far

i cant wait for the flood of posts that say "NBA has the best players, they all want to come here because we're the best with the best league"

NBA champs are just the best team in that league not the world.
oldschoolreebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:27 AM   #9
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

The title should be changed for NBA teams. Way too arrogant and not justified anymore.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #10
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
The title should be changed for NBA teams. Way too arrogant and not justified anymore.
exactly
Old 09-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #11
Giuseppino
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Giuseppino has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolreebok
i cant wait for the flood of posts that say "NBA has the best players, they all want to come here because we're the best with the best league"

NBA champs are just the best team in that league not the world.

Giuseppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #12
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
If the best players in the world are playing in the NBA how come Greece, the team that beat USA have no NBA players?

Actually, they do have NBA players. Vassilis Spanolis, the PG who lit up USA for 22pts, will be playing for the Houston Rockets this upcoming season. And I believe some team has the rights to "Baby Shaq".

There is no doubt that the NBA has the best players in the world. The best international players are playing in the NBA. Now just because we have the best players/talent, it doesn't exactly mean we'll have the best TEAM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:38 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
NBa Champions = World Champions

FiBa Champions= World Champions

Olympics Champions = World Champions

Deal with it. The best players in the world play in the NBA.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM   #14
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

NBA is the premiere basketball league in the world.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #15
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

The NBA champs are the NBA Basketball World Champions.
They might not be the FIBA World Champions.

If an All-star team of the Euro game got together and played the NBA champions using NBA rules they would be slaughtered. (The opposite scenario would be closer but end up in a Euro win.)

The NBA and FIBA play two entirely different games of basketball.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: