Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default Natural Dreadlocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZIGQH01SE

I have decided to start my journey towards natural dreads.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Natural Dreadlocks

Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

prepare to smell really bad and alienate your friends and women
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I started natural dreads for a period in college. It wasn't that bad looking/smelling, but I hated it for sports, so I got rid of them.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Gross....
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

F'cking hippies
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

use beeswax.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
Franco Hamilton

My, why thank you kind fellows for introducing me to this rambunctious, but charming style of hair.

My, back when I was a young teenager (Quite a while back, might I add) I used to have this hairstyle. It was not the most comfortable, nor attractive, but it served its purpose and had given me access to the glory hole of a Jamaican beauty.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
use beeswax.

NO!! wax is the enemy of dreads,all hair will dread naturally..it just takes time.

You don't get dreadlocks,you grow them. - A Wise Man
Old 10-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
prepare to smell really bad and alienate your friends and women

A common misconception about dreadlocks is that they smell and are dirty. This is not the case, your SUPPOSE to wash dreadlocks REGULARLY, some people go over 3 days or every week depending on how much oil your hair produces. CLEAN HAIR KNOTS FASTER THAN DIRTY HAIR!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
enayes
Decent college freshman

Old 10-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
enayes
Decent college freshman

Old 10-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
enayes
Decent college freshman

You could backcomb your hair if you want to, but your better off just letting it do its thing. Just get some Dr.Bronners organic soap and dont comb your hair.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
enayes
Decent college freshman

How often should you wash your hair???
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #15
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes
How often should you wash your hair???

Thats a good question, it depends on your hair. When you start to wash less and less your scalp will gradually produce less grease. But you need to keep your hair clean so it will knot. So just experiment and see what works best for you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: