Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
arkain
Local High School Star

Default H2H Team [Rate Please]

Head-2-Head League
10 Teams
Standard 9-Cats

Dwyane Wade
Jason Terry
Jose Calderon
Caron Butler
Rudy Gay
Emeka Okafor
Samuel Dalembert
Al Horford
Raymond Felton
John Salmons
Beno Udrih
Luis Scola
Ramon Sessions
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Default Re: H2H Team [Rate Please]

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Head-2-Head League
10 Teams
Standard 9-Cats

Dwyane Wade
Jason Terry
Jose Calderon
Caron Butler
Rudy Gay
Emeka Okafor
Samuel Dalembert
Al Horford
Raymond Felton
John Salmons
Beno Udrih PG
Luis Scola
Ramon Sessions PG

FG% - excellent
FT% - very good
3PTM - bad
PTS - average
REB - slightly better than average
AST - indefatigable
STL - excellent
BLK - pretty good
TO - punt

Half your roster is PG eligible. That's nice and all but you probably would be dominant in assists with four of them, but you went ahead and got six and don't have a true shooting guard on your team. This team needs 3PTM badly and could use a points infusion. Maybe you want to wait to see how Felton, Udrih and Sessions pan out to ascertain their true value before moving them but I would say you only need to keep one of them. Felton is the one I would want to keep because despite being uncharacteristically cold from the perimeter last season, he's a better three point shooter than the others while keeping you going strong in the steals department. You can even get a PG back in return but he needs to be knocking down threes.

I like Scola but for him to have the kind of value he had last season you have to bank on Yao going down. You have an opportunity to have an excellent shotblocking team but that potential is being wasted because Scola doesn't block shots. His points and rebounds won't be that special unless Ming goes down. Sure it'll probably happen but who knows, I mean Baron Davis played in all 82 games last year so anything can happen. Personally I'd look to acquire a shotblocker who also rebounds the ball well. Any additional points you get out of the position is only a bonus. I'd try to package him with one of the point guards I'm trying to move. In such a shallow league see if you can swing a 2-for-1 trade and then go shopping on the waiver wire to fill that empty spot.

To recap:
Replace Udrih and Sessions with a perimeter shooting PG and scoring SG who also knock down threes.
Replace Scola with a shotblocker.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-04-2008 at 02:47 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: