Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far
Default Andrea Bargnani Beleiver Or Not ?

I have been defending Andrea Bargnani since he stunk up the place last year. Looks like he worked extremely hard this season and showed his improvement last night(posting up 15 Pts,8 Rebs(2 off),1stl,1blk). I know its pre-season and i am not putting much into it, just posting up the recent stats. I got blasted the whole year last year for thinking that Bargnani was just having a bad year and will be back this season. Soo before the season starts, do you beleive Bargnani will be a good player or not ? what do you think about him now after working hard in the summer and improving.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Andrea Bargnani Beleiver Or Not ?

I have a hard time turning on Bargnani. He became one of my favorite players after that rookie year. It's probably a little to premature to tell right now, but I like to think he'll have a good season this year. I'm still not sure if he's the right fit for this team though.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
Parps
Decent playground baller

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm a Believer.....
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Bargnani for 6th man of the year or Most improved player!! Haha, okay maybe I'm getting too far ahead of myself. =P
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 AM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well it depends on what your expectations are of him.

Do I believe that he'll prove himself worthy of a #1 pick over guys like Gay, Roy and Aldridge? No.

Do I believe he can become a starting C for a great team in the NBA? No.

Do I believe that he can become a good scoring PF capable of starting on a team with a tough defensive C? Yes. The problem with that is that even at his best as a talented offensive PF, he has no place on the Raptors. He would still have to be traded because there is just no way in hell he becomes even close to as good as Chris Bosh. A Bosh/Bargnani is not going to work. So unless you are happy with having your #1 pick being a 6th man, he will need to go at some point.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #6
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Well it depends on what your expectations are of him.

Do I believe that he'll prove himself worthy of a #1 pick over guys like Gay, Roy and Aldridge? No.

Do I believe he can become a starting C for a great team in the NBA? No.

Do I believe that he can become a good scoring PF capable of starting on a team with a tough defensive C? Yes. The problem with that is that even at his best as a talented offensive PF, he has no place on the Raptors. He would still have to be traded because there is just no way in hell he becomes even close to as good as Chris Bosh. A Bosh/Bargnani is not going to work. So unless you are happy with having your #1 pick being a 6th man, he will need to go at some point.

Okay since you started comparing ill go back and pretend like we picked gay, roy or aldridge instead of bargnani...
Of those three i think only Roy would actually be a starter on this team, people need to stop over-hyping the fact that he was drafted #1 because it was a weakass draft!
And for now im fully okay with the fact that he is a 6th man. Now later on in his career if he were to prove himself as a consistent top level PF, then yes i agree with you that he would be a better fit with another team considering bosh is still here.
But even if he does have to leave with BC as our gm i know for a fact we would get a lot for him.
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rudy Gay would be the clear starter at SF and the Raptors would've never had to waste money on Kapono like they did.

An Aldridge/Bosh frontcourt isn't anything too good either but at least Aldridge is the better overall player than Bargnani. I'd rather start Aldridge/Bosh than Bargnani/Bosh and I'd rather have Aldridge coming off the bench as 6th man than Bargnani.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Like Q says, the kid can never be an effective starting center with Chris Bosh. If we want to keep him as a backup center who can score, fine, but that is pretty weak for a #1 pick. That was one weak ass draft, though. Chock full of apparent busts.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Oh man im starting to love his game
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: