Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Doesn't Beasley play alot like Josh Smith?

Even though this is based off of 3 preseason games' play... their offensive playing style is so similar. Both play the high post... both can score from the post or perimeter, and can even extend their range to the 3 pt line. Both play bigger than their size and are physical. Both are 6'9", 235 lb. The only real differences offensively is Smith plays a little more above the rim, but to offset that I think Beasley so far has has shown a little more finesse around the rim with his footwork.

Now only if Beasley could learn to play defense like Smith then we'd have a real superstar one two punch in Beasley and Wade for the next couple of years.

I'm still more worried about our center situation than our point. I still can't think of a center that would be a good trade for the Heat that would fit with Beasley.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Doesn't Beasley play alot like Josh Smith?

Eh, although they're both lefty and the same size, I don't see many other similarities.

Beasley's J is much better and more consistent than J-Smoove's, he's A LOT better on the low block, and has better handles. J-Smoove is on a completely different level as a defender and slightly more athletic.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Eh, although they're both lefty and the same size, I don't see many other similarities.

Beasley's J is much better and more consistent than J-Smoove's, he's A LOT better on the low block, and has better handles. J-Smoove is on a completely different level as a defender and slightly more athletic.

Well as I pointed out... this was offensively. Offensively they are very similar. But I don't agree with alot of what you posted. J-Smith's crossover is pretty good for a PF and has broken ankles of a couple guys. I'd say their handle is pretty similar.

Beasley's interior post game just looks more polished so far. He makes it look natural. And as we both agree on Smith is more athletic and plays more above the rim.

If Beasley could learn to offensive rebound and block shots like him, he'd be the complete package.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Wadeaminute
I hit open layups

Wadeaminute has an OK reputation so far

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you. Offensively, I think that Beasly is a lot better. Defensively, Josh Smith is better.

But since your comparing them offensively, I think that beasly is the better player. He has a better jump shot. Can create for himself better. Is better on the low block with footwork and post moves.

Not to say that Josh Smith isn't a good player, but if you asked GM's to make a decision between josh smith and Michael Beasley, only based on offense, I think that most would choose Beasely.

Also, Josh Smith is in his 4th year while Beasley is a rookie. Imagine a while down the road when Beasley becomes more acclimated into the NBA.

Of course, this is just my opinion.
Wadeaminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
Russian Rocket
Banned

Russian Rocket has an OK reputation so far

In Soviet Russia, Josh Smith play like Michael Beasley!
Russian Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
heat_LE
I airball my layups

heat_LE has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rocket
In Soviet Russia, Josh Smith play like Michael Beasley!

good thing then that there is no more "soviet" russia.. ;)

but about haslem; i think the whole situation is overrated....

we had the same discussion about him being undersized at PF 3 years ago.now look what he has accomplished. he made nowitzki ( some 4" taller ) look like he was actually 4" shorter than haslem.

he has shown what he can do, especially in this young season at center.he was more than holding his own.

just let him play center for 20/25 min a game, and we'll be fine. only thing missing is a rotation center he could give us some size on D off the bench.
maybe we're lucky and anthony will grow into that role, and we'll know in a couple of weeks if Zo's gonna come around 1more time.....
heat_LE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: