Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Marreese Speights looking good in preseason

I saw the 76ers play yesterday and liked him a lot. He could turn out to be a key rotation player
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marreese Speights looking good in preseason

I watched the game online and yes he's doing really well. 7/5 off the bench is a pretty realistic expectation of him this season. He'll definately contribute and will earn more minutes as the season progresses (similar to Young last year).
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

before we got brand i was trying to find out everything about our new pf. Now i think he is going to be more than an afterthought. potentially brand replacing.....this year i hope he gets 2nd roookie team.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Check the nba draft threads from may/june

this was the guy i wanted
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Check the nba draft threads from may/june

this was the guy i wanted

same here man i wanted him or Anthony Randolph
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
same here man i wanted him or Anthony Randolph
I wanted him more than Randolph because at the time, we didn't have Brand. And I wanted somebody who could play the post. Randolph isn't playing in the post anytime soon...

not with that body at least.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #7
donsanchez306

moving forward from 18/10 in the summer league

NO ONE ON THE CORNER HAVE SWAGGA LIKE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol sorry)
Old 10-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Speights is going to be stealing some of Dalembert's mins. Already taking some in preseason. Brand convinced Cheeks to keep Speights in the 4th quarter vs. Toronto, and Cheeks didn't need any convincing to keep him in for ALL 12 MINS of the 4th quarter vs. NY. Had him playing with the starters. Had a great block on a dunk attempt by David Lee. Had 2 pts, 3 rebs, 1 block, 1 steal, 1 assist in that quarter.

Anyone who hasn't seen much of speights hears youtube's highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOfFDPp00E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFbQd...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW8yoD0IWtw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peEVNCjhCxY
Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Speights said his nickname is Mo Speezy
Old 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

This guy appears to be a very good player. He may get some playing time earlier than most expected. Interesting and not surprising that we haven't heard that talk of him not playing hard during training camp and preseason.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
donsanchez306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Speights said his nickname is Mo Speezy

think mo'cheeks will let mo speezy call him MO CHEEZY???????
Old 10-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

I for one don't need to be convinced on how good Speights is. I seen every game he played in the summer league he was completely unguardable. His post game is polished like a veteran. I could tell he wants to expand his range so he can become a complete threat from just about anywhere on the court. This was a very good pick for us at 16 bottom line. All that garbage about his work ethic is pure garbage. This guy can play if Brand went down I have confidence in Speights.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love the pick but foul trouble is an area of concern. For a young guy, being overly agressive, being new to the game? He's gonna be a guy who has games where he comes in and goes out picking up 2 quick. Jason Smith did it, dont see why Speights wont. He also has a way to go just about running plays/sets, his spots and just having a clue. There will be moments where he looks completely lost. Outside of that? I hope he cotinues to work hard and develop. After the AS break is where I wanna see how he plays. After getting a taste of the NBA, practices gaining familiarity and so forth? Should be cool to see where he is as a player in Feb.

In a year or two he could end up a top 5-8 caliber player. He's that talented.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #14
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Speights was shooting some 3's with kareem rush in practice and knocking alot of them down he may actually have a decent outside game as well.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Speights was shooting some 3's with kareem rush in practice and knocking alot of them down he may actually have a decent outside game as well.
Although it's a good thing to know he may have a decent outside game, I'm sure I don't want to see Speights shooting 3's.

Expectations are getting high on Marreese. I find myself hoping he can develop into a dependable member of the rotation for next season (09-10).
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: