Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 10-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default How is Jennings doing?

I know there is probably like 10 threads about this but I never came across one and did not want to look threw 50 pages...So I was just wondering how has he been doing and also if I could get any links to watch the games

thanks
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Re: How is Jennings doing?

check out this thread, there are some hints about Jennings' performance in the preseason

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=101339&page=2

Here you have his performance in the first official game in Lega (in italian, but it is easy to follow, i think)
http://195.56.77.208/player/?id=JEN-...2008&team=1161
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

It'll be fun keeping track of Brandon Jennings for the season. I really hope he does well so the NCAA finally feels like they have some competition.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Downsizing the ncaa would be a good thing, sports is taken way too seriously at some schools here and it's not even about learning life lessons anymore. The insanity of the ncaa has even trickled down to the high school level. I would prefer to have more of an international system where sports is an entity outside of schools because it's obvious that some schools can't manage priorities.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

True. Especially with this 1 year out of high school rule. Students kind of go to class sometimes for a semester and are done. It's just a complete joke.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

The short version is this : He sucks.

On the upside it should put an end to the ridiculous claims that he is as good or better than Ricky Rubio.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 AM   #7
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

I know we live in a now! now! now! culture but I would take Jennings in the nba before Rubio and Rubio in the euroleague before Jennings. Really sports comes down to who can keep their human form and Jennings is much better in that.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I know we live in a now! now! now! culture but I would take Jennings in the nba before Rubio and Rubio in the euroleague before Jennings. Really sports comes down to who can keep their human form and Jennings is much better in that.

I agree with that. Rubio is no doubt better player for Europe. Jennings has the tools to be more efficient in the NBA than Ricky. My feeling, though, is that Ricky would do better comparably in the NBA than what Jennings is doing in Europe for the moment. It is only a few games since he started playing in Italy, and Ricky never played an NBA game, so it is unfair to judge, but that's what I feel.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk

Rubio isn't just better in Europe, he's the best player in Europe. Compare that to Jennings who isn't even close to being the best on his own team ...

And yet people prefer Jennings, why ? Because he can run fast and jump high. Rubio on the other hand can run a team, play D and pass the ball, I'd take that every single time.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Very interesting discussion here. Right now it's still too early in their careers for us to tell. If I was forced to make a decision today on who I wanted on my team though, it would be Rubio, regardless of the league they play in.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #11
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
The short version is this : He sucks.

On the upside it should put an end to the ridiculous claims that he is as good or better than Ricky Rubio.
I got your beverage of choice right here:

Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 AM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Rubio isn't just better in Europe, he's the best player in Europe. Compare that to Jennings who isn't even close to being the best on his own team ...

And yet people prefer Jennings, why ? Because he can run fast and jump high. Rubio on the other hand can run a team, play D and pass the ball, I'd take that every single time.
Sorry as much as I like Ricky,since when is he the best player in europe??
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #13
Jinxed
Good High School Starter

Jinxed has an OK reputation so far

Jennings isn't doing terrible. Well in the Italian league he is , but in the Euroleague he is averaging 9 points a game. That's respectable for a backup.

No Rubio, and we have to keep in mind that Jennings still is a year older than ricky.
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #14
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Sorry as much as I like Ricky,since when is he the best player in europe??

From the NBA's GM survey:

Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA?
1. Ricky Rubio -- 57.7%
2. Juan Carlos Navarro -- 7.7%
3. Tiago Splitter -- 7.7%
Others receiving votes: Dimitrios Diamantidis, Jorge Garbajosa, Nenad Krstic, Bostjan Nachbar, Theo Papaloukas, Fran Vazquez, Nikola Vujicic

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21...ies/index.html

Seems like a pretty clear decision if you ask me.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #15
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed
Jennings isn't doing terrible. Well in the Italian league he is , but in the Euroleague he is averaging 9 points a game. That's respectable for a backup.

No Rubio, and we have to keep in mind that Jennings still is a year older than ricky.

His scoring average might be respectable, but he's also shooting 38%, and more importantly as a PG he's averaging more turnovers than assists.

Anyway its not that I don't think he can be a good player some day, its that I don't think he's one now. I remember people hyping him, like he was going to go to Europe and dominate, and yet here he is distinctly sub-par. The reason is fairly simple, he's not ready to play with grown men yet. Had he gone to college instead and played with kids his own age it would probably have looked better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: