Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Ukic > Adams

Why not play Ukic with Solomon when we need the extra body in the rotation? I have been pretty impressed with both players. Adams does not look like an Nba player to me. Very low skill level. No jump shot and can't finish when he beats his man or gets an open lane. We can have Ukic play the point on offense and guard the opposing 2g, while will can just set up and shoot.

Not a big deal - talking about the 10th man in the rotation, but I'm wandering why sam hasn't tried to play the two of them together.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ukic > Adams

I am pretty excited about Ukic because he is a low risk for high gain type of deal for us. No one knows how good he can be. Having said that, I think we better start slow. Give the kid 12 minutes every game for the first while and see what he's got. He hasn't done much yet, even his pre-season minutes are highly limited. That goes for Adams as well.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'm not so sure the Raptors are comfortable with Ukic guarding the 2 position. Adams is a better defender.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Ukic>Solomon>Adams

Adams has been $hit in the preseason, can't shoot, his defense sucks, looks lost on the court...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Ukic = Adams they seem even on the court for some reason

Adam is just ****, give me Graham.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ukic seems barely strong enough to guard the PG spot. He would get destroyed at SG.

But I do agree that Hassan Adams sucks massively. I hope Joey Graham gets more playing time than him. I can't believe I just wrote that. The SG situation on the Raptors is awful.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Adams has played garbage all pre-season. Joey hasn't exactly shocked me, but hes putting in his work just needs to be consistent. Ukic will probably not make a big impact this season. but hopefully he can come in behind Calderon and hold down the other pg.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

I would have to say Ukic...over both adams and Solomon...Solomon plays a little reckless and makes stupid mistakes with the ball at time..Ukic looks like he needs couple games under his belt and he should pick everything up really fast...he definatley has the tools to become a solid backup.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: