Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
bk15
I hit open layups

bk15 has no real reputation yet.
Default Pape Sow

What Yall think about him??
Keep?
Trade?
His Contribution to the team next year
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
mkvli
I brick open layups

mkvli has an OK reputation so far

useless, along the lines of michael bradley. thats how bad he is. hes nothing special whatsoever. stop overrating him.
mkvli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Pape Sow is definately a keeper, he will probably be our 2nd or 3rd center depending on the acquisitions we make this offseason. He probably will not contribute much on the offensive end of the ball, but his hustle and presence on the defensive end will be worthwhile. He also has tremendous potential, he is still very raw but there is no telling how good he could be.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

he's a hustler, hard worker. He might not score double digit points a night but those are the kinds of guys you need to keep on your team.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvli
useless, along the lines of michael bradley. thats how bad he is. hes nothing special whatsoever. stop overrating him.

I'm sorry but you really couldn't be any more wrong.

1. Useless - He's an energy guy who everyone (coaches, fans, even himself) knows won't need the ball to be effective. He's effective getting rebounds, running the floor, playing defense and setting screens. To say he may be the second coming of Ben Wallace is probably an overstatement (although it has been said), you can't deny the fact that he has the tools to be a great energy/defense post player in the league.

2. Michael Bradley - Bradley doesn't belong in the league, honestly. I've never met him but I've seen him in interviews and whatnot and I have nothing against him at all, he just isn't that good. And to compare Pape Sow to him is like comparing apples and oranges, they play completly different games and have completely different futures.

3. Nothing Special - You may be right. But as of now he's still a young guy who seems to have a bright future. Even if his level of play doesn't improve, he still has some value to a team.

4. Over Rating - I haven't seen anyone on these boards over rate him. Everybody knows he isn't going to be an all star and might never crack a starting lineup for a permanant basis.

Not trying to hate on you, I just think your wrong, and these are my opinions.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
4. Over Rating - I haven't seen anyone on these boards over rate him. Everybody knows he isn't going to be an all star and might never crack a starting lineup for a permanant basis.

Not trying to hate on you, I just think your wrong, and these are my opinions.

good thing you said these boards as in the new boards. On the old one he was being referred to as the Pope and everyone was hyping him up cuz of his performance at the NBDL. It was pretty cool actually.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Yeah I was only referring to the new boards, I wasn't a part of the old boards. I kinda like that nickname though.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:52 AM   #8
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
useless, along the lines of michael bradley. thats how bad he is. hes nothing special whatsoever. stop overrating him

How dare you talk about Pop like that Hopefully Pop doesnt know about ISH messeage board or else he make us all pay the terrible price for talking about him like that!!!
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #9
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

pape sow should only be used next year if bosh/cv3 humpries our number 1 draft pick if (PF/C) is in mad foul trouble
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #10
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Last year was Pape's real rookie season. I know he was drafted a couple years ago but this is the first year he got playing time. He has a good work ethic, he wants to go somewhere (like any other player) and he enjoys to play the game. Unlike a lot of other players, it is all about the money. The only downside to Pape's game is the foul trouble. If he works on his game, he could become better...put on a little weight to.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
bk15
I hit open layups

i would use Pape sow before Kris humphry
Old 06-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk15
i would use Pape sow before Kris humphry

I read all these messages and this one is the worst of them all. Pape before Humphries is unbelievable. Pape is ok, 3rd C at best on most teams, and wouldn't make a number of teams. I know we're all raps fan and optmistic, but lets be realistic also.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
bk15
I hit open layups

thats just my opinion buddy
Old 06-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

pape is a center, Mr. Unregistered, and would play there before humphries would.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #15
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Isn't Humphries a Power Forward? I think he would be at the Power Forward position backing up 2nd or 3rd. Sow is totally different style of player. he is complete Center in my opinion.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: