Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors lose to NuggLESS-Iverson

i didn't even watch the game ... and i saw the box sheet ... NO IVERSON? and they styll got spanked .... wow Bosh and Caldron play 28+ mins ... and we still lose? WTF ... what went wrong? .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board
Default Re: Raptors lose to NuggLESS-Iverson

Raptors have absolutely no D....
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

- Too many turnovers.

- Other than the starting frontcourt, nobody on the Raptors plays D. Parker gets slower every year and Calderon is well Calderon. The backcourt D will not be pretty this year.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Was it really that bad .... i mean Nuggets are suspose to not even make it into the playoffs this year .... mind you they spanked us tonight without there Superstar 30PPG iverson ..... there PG is like a D-leaguer? Caldron couldn't take him all night long? ..... Bosh n them played alot of minutes so it's not like we were taking it easy tonight .... wtf is going on ..... raptors look like they suck? ... common look were we played ... gotta get that win ....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #5
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Before you guys knock yourselves out, just wanted to point couple key stats:

1.) Nene FG 7/11, J.Smith FG 8/14 - while JO only played 13 minutes! i am sure that has something to do with it.. raptors' interior defence can be much better

2.) Bargs FG 8/15, 19 pts in 25 Minutes! ---> but 5 Turnovers! he still plays like a headless chicken

3.) Moon.. 0/4 from the field, no free throw attempts, zero points in 18 minutes

4.) we had 5 more turnovers (21 to 16), lost by 11 points, very reasonable.. gotta take care of the ball.

2 key players will play more minutes in regular season, IMO:

Calderon: +35 minutes (instead of 27) ---> less turnovers
JO : + 25 minutes (instead of 13) ---> better interior defence

conclusion: don't worry guys, is just preseason!!!
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:15 AM   #6
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

O'neal left with a sore knee.. hope its ok.
n00bie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Let's take some positives from the game shall we?

JO left after 10 minutes because of a minor injury. I don't think it's anything serious but it's not worth risking as it is pre-season.

Bargs and Hump stepped up, recording 19pts 7rebs, and 10pts 6rbs, respectively. Bargs also had 3 block shots. I didn't watch the game either, so I am not sure if these points were from garbage minutes.

Ukic did fine, picking up 9 pts and 5 assists. So he looks like a promising backup to Calderon so far.

I think what we achieved what we wanted from the pre-season. Bargs, Hump, and Ukic all passed the pre-season tests, now it's a matter of how they will do when the season starts. JO's health will continue to be a concern. Notice the big difference when he's not there, we don't have an inside game. Even the likes of Nene dominated us. This is how the season will be.

By the way, Nuggets lost Camby, but it is still a strong team. Anytime you have Anthony and Iverson, you're going to the playoffs.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

The Raptors looked very disorganized on offence and defence. Not a good showing for a final pre-season game. Missed assignments aplenty, especially Jamario Moon. Moon better find his game quick or he'll be glued to the bench.
Im starting to wonder about the coaches again.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I watched it. Bargs has some ok moments, but looked ridiculous at time...in a bad way. Moon has been a disaster. I have said this before, if he's projected to be your 4th best player, you are in a world of trouble. Roko looked bad also...numbers don't tell the whole tale.

I was pretty dissapointed in this game for the Raps.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

Preseason looks a lot worse at times than what it is.

Coaches are trying to figure out possible rotations which usually means bench players get a lot more time on the court than normal. While the core guys don't play that much.

Safe to say Ukic probably won't play 15 straight minutes once the real season starts.

You can't get too worried, but then again you can't diss it either.

Defence as a whole was pretty bad.

Back-up PG is a huge concern. I find it painful to watch Ukic play. Really painful.

Their wings look like they're probably gonna get killed by the LeBrons and Wades like mucho times last year.

Desperate times may call for Joey Graham in the starting lineup. That's how bad it is.

I don't even want to think what would happen if JO isn't completely healthy.

power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
J000
ISH #1 AFGHAN

J000 is a pretty well-respected posterJ000 is a pretty well-respected posterJ000 is a pretty well-respected poster

3 words.

Bench is soft.

The bench cannot play defense.
Moon is pathetic 25% from preseason and avg 5 pts.
Too many t/o for bargs.
J000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: