Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What do you want to see Denver do against Utah

With the game being in Utah, and the fact that Iverson's knee is not 100%, our chances of winning are not too great. But it's still there. What do you want see too most in the opening game? How Nene and Martin play together? How Karl uses Smith and Kleiza? If we play solid team defense?

I personally want to see Iverson and Nene work the pick and roll. Hopefully they do a lot of that, because it often works well.

By the way, expect to see Denver's season kicked off with a bang with one of my patented, new game threads.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 10-27-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What do you want to see Denver do against Utah

Richie, I liked your threads and your keys to success

I'd like to see if George Karl's brain is working properly.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Yeh, richie's game previews allways interesting to read..

I dont expect us to win this one. Last year Utah lost 4 games only @home.
Just not getting blown out would be good, and better defense then last year plzzzz.

AI injured, Melo out. Doesnt sound encouraging
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Yeh, richie's game previews allways interesting to read..

I dont expect us to win this one. Last year Utah lost 4 games only @home.
Just not getting blown out would be good, and better defense then last year plzzzz.

AI injured, Melo out. Doesnt sound encouraging

It would've been a blowout if Deron was playing. Thank God he isnt.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

With D-Will out, I'm sure the majority of Utah's offense will go through Boozer. I'd like to see how all the bigs defend him, and if they can keep him below a 20/10 night.

I'm also interested on how composed the nuggets will be on the road, in the worst place to play. Will they give into the Jazz's tempo and get beat up every possession, or will the nuggets be able to control the pace and run their offensive and defensive sets.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
With D-Will out, I'm sure the majority of Utah's offense will go through Boozer. I'd like to see how all the bigs defend him, and if they can keep him below a 20/10 night.

I'm also interested on how composed the nuggets will be on the road, in the worst place to play. Will they give into the Jazz's tempo and get beat up every possession, or will the nuggets be able to control the pace and run their offensive and defensive sets.

Utah doesnt really have any guard to run the offense. Ronnie Price is the backup for Deron I believe. They'll have to rely on Boozer. Nene and Kenyon are decent interior/man-to-man defenders so Im assuming they'll do a good job.

I heard Jazz fans are quite brutal.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Iverson playing with a sore knee by the way. Already ready with the thread... let's start this season 1-0! And I swear if someone posts a game thread before me...
Old 10-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Jazz fans are RIDICULOUS. They're the yankees fans of basketball, but they're all white and I am completely serious when I say that it's because of that that their home record is so good. Think about it. You're an average black guy, a little thugged out (melo, jr, ai) and you get thrown into this environment with 20,000 white people screaming down your throat. It HAS to be intimidating, it just has to.

Look at the crowd on wednesday and count how many black people you see that aren't associated with the team. You will see none.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Jazz fans are RIDICULOUS. They're the yankees fans of basketball, but they're all white and I am completely serious when I say that it's because of that that their home record is so good. Think about it. You're an average black guy, a little thugged out (melo, jr, ai) and you get thrown into this environment with 20,000 white people screaming down your throat. It HAS to be intimidating, it just has to.

Look at the crowd on wednesday and count how many black people you see that aren't associated with the team. You will see none.

WOW
Explains their amazing record at home and poor record on the road
Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:

Old 10-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
WOW
Explains their amazing record at home and poor record on the road
It definitely does.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #12
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

well watching on Altitude 27-30... Almost dies when saw JR playing d on AK47. JR is 0-3 no points
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #13
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Where's the thread at?!

This is not that great of a game by the nuggets. Absolutely getting DOMINATED on the boards, that's pretty much the story of the game so far. Second chance points are a killer.

My post-game thoughts...

- Boozer: 25-14. The man just couldn't be stopped.
- Sloppy ball handling late in the 4th led to Utah buckets.
- Balkman single handedly kept Denver in it with his tenacity and defense. Why did he only play 7 minutes?
- Dahntay Jones impressed me, he locked down Korver, I wouldn't mind having him play in clutch defensive situations.
- JR played 35 minutes, including the last possessions (bravo, karl), and that left handed layup was GORGEOUS.
- What's up with Kleiza? Has he lost his long range shot? He missed a few 3's BAD!
- Decent D but it really made me miss camby and his rebounding abilities. Out rebounded 46-35. Ouch.
- Fouled WAY TOO MUCH! (Although I'd rather have fouls than easy buckets)
- George karl stood up, yelled at refs, yelled at players, got involved. Loved the way he approached this game.
- Had enough time to get a better shot at the end, (come on, kmart).
- Some bad officiating late (lots of obvious travelling, the lane violation, etc)
- Very impressive debut for a team with a few new key players, especially in Utah, the toughest place to play.
- I think we suffered worse as far as missing the star player, 94 points shouldn't get credited by jazz defense, we missed a lot of wide open buckets, and Melo would've definitely put more points on the board.
- Right now I will say boxing out/rebounding in general is our achilles heel. Too many times we gave away points by not securing defensive boards.

Can't wait for the Clips game on friday!

Last edited by OneMoreSucka : 10-29-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:58 AM   #14
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

The thread is in the main forum section. Excellent points you make on the match.
The defense was decent, but we were outrebounded. Nene - Martin together did 10 rebounds. Okur alone did 10, and Boozer 14.
The rebounding will be one of our weakness this year I am afraid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...seasontype =2

Last year Utah had the 4th best rebounding team. +3.1 in rebounding. Only BOSTON, Houston & Clevland ahead. Still being - 11 is quite terrible.

Denver Nuggets 08/09 Preview NBA TV( with AI interview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsnh58mwg34

Denver Nuggets vs Utah Jazz 29/10/08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Q-iEH5MHo

Last edited by francesco totti : 10-30-2008 at 05:07 AM.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:30 AM   #15
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Where's the thread at?!

This is not that great of a game by the nuggets. Absolutely getting DOMINATED on the boards, that's pretty much the story of the game so far. Second chance points are a killer.

My post-game thoughts...

- Boozer: 25-14. The man just couldn't be stopped.
- Sloppy ball handling late in the 4th led to Utah buckets.
- Balkman single handedly kept Denver in it with his tenacity and defense. Why did he only play 7 minutes?
- Dahntay Jones impressed me, he locked down Korver, I wouldn't mind having him play in clutch defensive situations.
- JR played 35 minutes, including the last possessions (bravo, karl), and that left handed layup was GORGEOUS.
- What's up with Kleiza? Has he lost his long range shot? He missed a few 3's BAD!
- Decent D but it really made me miss camby and his rebounding abilities. Out rebounded 46-35. Ouch.
- Fouled WAY TOO MUCH! (Although I'd rather have fouls than easy buckets)
- George karl stood up, yelled at refs, yelled at players, got involved. Loved the way he approached this game.
- Had enough time to get a better shot at the end, (come on, kmart).
- Some bad officiating late (lots of obvious travelling, the lane violation, etc)
- Very impressive debut for a team with a few new key players, especially in Utah, the toughest place to play.
- I think we suffered worse as far as missing the star player, 94 points shouldn't get credited by jazz defense, we missed a lot of wide open buckets, and Melo would've definitely put more points on the board.
- Right now I will say boxing out/rebounding in general is our achilles heel. Too many times we gave away points by not securing defensive boards.

Can't wait for the Clips game on friday!

The thread was in the NBA forum. Anyway, I agree with all your points. K-Mart taking the 3 was just wrong. Boozer was f'n dominating. Though I'm not disappointed due to the fact we didn't have Melo and we were playing in Utah. Nice to see JR get minutes. Karl needs to play Balkman more. He brings energy and defense off the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: