Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
Redefine9d
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Redefine9d has an OK reputation so far
Default Did I give up too much?

I just did this trade. I gave up Wade and Yao for Amare and Calderon, a little scared about it but I think Calderon is the x-factor in it. What do you think? Standard 9 cat. scoring. Mainly did it cause I was worried about Yao and Wade staying healthy this year, I do feel like I gave up too much in Yao and Wade though. Regret giving up Wade more than Yao just because I feel like this is going to be one year he stays healthy and does big things. Need some advice on this trade and what direction you think I should go with my team. Thanks!

Jose Calderon
Kevin Martin
Corey Maggette
Mike Miller
Gerald Wallace
Josh Smith
David Lee
Amare Stoudemire
Nene Hilario
Matt Barnes
Derrick Rose
Tyrus Thomas
Luke Ridnour
Redefine9d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did I give up too much?

great trade! outside of the injury concerns (very valid), amare > wade and in my eyes calderon > yao.

your team looks very solid, but I don't think calderon can carry assists on his own, you might need another PG but then again Rose and Ridnour could handle that too.
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far

you got the best player in the trade so it would appear that you did get the better end of the deal. Yao played horrible this summer in the olympics. Youre right, if we see the calderon we did last year, its a heist,and that putting it lightly. yorue not gonna be worrying about "when" yao is gonna go down. good stuff
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
orangedays
Can barely lace up my sneakers

orangedays has an OK reputation so far

Honestly at this point I feel Amare is as much of an injury risk as Wade, which is to say 10-15%. I believe it when they say Wade is healthy, but I still cringe when I see him go to the floor or wince after landing (same as Amare). Yao is a heartbreaker - that guy has flamed out consistently just when the season is heating up but if he manages to stay healthy this year (doubtful considering the extra mileage the Olympics added) he could be the #1 fantasy center in the league, especially with the addition of Artest (should see improvement in Yao's defensive stats). I'm not completely sold on Calderon, I feel he can be a top 30 talent but there's also the potential that he overmaxed last year and will come down a bit - nonetheless, if you're the kind of guy who can't stand injury bugs on your time, great trade - relatively fair value - but if you're more risk tolerant and did this purely from a statistical perspective, then I think the other guy took a half step forward while you took a half step back.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

You did fine, to answer your question. You gained great fg% and maintained ft%, gained a few threes, lost a few points, and probably just about broke even in other cats, maybe lost a bit in blocks.

In my mind, when it comes to injuries you dealt an "if" in Wade and a "when" in Yao for an "if" in Amare and Calderon. There's probably no doubt that Yao is going to miss games. Amare and Wade are possible. So you theoretically got more peace of mind in return. I think Amare is a step above Yao because of injury posibility, and Calderon is not much of a step down as a PG from Wade IMO, when you factor in injury possibility, fg%, etc.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #6
Cards1978
Decent playground baller

Cards1978 has an OK reputation so far

That was a great trade for you imo.
Cards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: