Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Chalmers...

Anyone watch the game? Just a fluke or could he be a 15/5/5 all season playing PG for Miami?

Thinking about dropping blatche for him, based purely on value, maybe could trade him for a better PF/C than blatche later...
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: Chalmers...

I dont think it was a fluke, but idk if we'll always see those kind of lines. Dont forget that Miami has Banks, Livingston and Quinn all vying for mins out of Miami as well. Blatche's possible steals and blocks are probably worth more than what Chalmers will bring, but I'm not going to say no to you going out and picking up a starting PG from waivers, especially the way he looked last night. I guess I'd make my decision based on how many strong PGs I had vs how many shot blockers I had.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

PGs are Andre Miller, Rajon rondo and Rudy Fernandez (maybe swap him for chalmers?)

shot blockers are josh smith, garnett, brand, gasol, and blatche atm

It's just I remember seeing Hedo Turkoglu on the FA list last year and waiting on corey brewer, but I just don't want to regret this all season long like I did last year haha.

its a H2H league btw, I think I need to pick my cats I want to punt and then work on that (maybe AST?)
Old 10-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
Anyone watch the game? Just a fluke or could he be a 15/5/5 all season playing PG for Miami?

Thinking about dropping blatche for him, based purely on value, maybe could trade him for a better PF/C than blatche later...

I dont think it was a fluke...I mean Chalmers had a balanced game and I think he will hold on to that starting spot...he has no serious threat to lose it to the other scrub point guards they have (Banks, Quinn and Livingston...even though hes not a scrub but just dont know how he will perform from being out of the league for a year and a half from injury)

I took a gamble and dropped Conley for Chalmers...so I hope I made the right choice...

I like Blatche alot but hes not consitant...hes good for blocked shots...but just not worth keeping him on the roster at this point...

but good move by picking up chalmers early.

Last edited by DieHardBullsFan : 10-30-2008 at 04:35 PM.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i picked up chalmers and dropped beno udrih. good move or sketchy?
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes

I think it was a good move...Beno can only hit threes for you and cant do much in other areas.....it also depends on your squad....but Chalmers had 2 3pts, 8 boards and I think 6 or 7 assist last night......Beno wont give you that line.....so not a sketchy move at all.....Beno wont make or break your team at the pg position.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
I think it was a good move...Beno can only hit threes for you and cant do much in other areas.....it also depends on your squad....but Chalmers had 2 3pts, 8 boards and I think 6 or 7 assist last night......Beno wont give you that line.....so not a sketchy move at all.....Beno wont make or break your team at the pg position.

yeah it's a ten person league so the talent is a bit thin.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
yeah it's a ten person league so the talent is a bit thin.
Talent thin in a 10 man league?

It should be a lot of talent in the wavier wire cuz im in a couple 12 team leagues are the talent is abundant
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
Talent thin in a 10 man league?

It should be a lot of talent in the wavier wire cuz im in a couple 12 team leagues are the talent is abundant

i guess it's a relative thing then. i've only ever played in leagues with five-six other teams.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

what about Chalmers or Rudy Fernandez?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:

the blazers are pretty stacked compared to the heat who have dwade and who else...fernandez will have to play really well to get tons of minutes.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #12
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

That's a tougher call, because Fernandez's line was also not a fluke.

Quote:
the blazers are pretty stacked compared to the heat who have dwade and who else...fernandez will have to play really well to get tons of minutes.

Fernandez is all but guaranteed 30 mpg this season. He'll play and Blake, Outlaw and Webster will be the ones that see their minutes reduced.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Udrih>>Chalmers.

Udrih is the sure thing, while your basing you're analysis of Chalmers off one one game.

If you are in an active league, someone is about to take Udrih off of waivers immediately.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #14
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Udrih>>Chalmers.

Udrih is the sure thing, while your basing you're analysis of Chalmers off one one game.

If you are in an active league, someone is about to take Udrih off of waivers immediately.

udrih isn't someone who determines a fantasy season's success. i think the risk is worth it.

and way to state the obvious regarding udrih being in the league longer. your cleverness is on full display.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They playd the Knicks. Score was 120-115. How many gms will Miami do that? Then again thier defense blows so maybe alot?

Be careful dropping/adding over some guy having a big outburst. If that was the case I would have dropped Thaddeus Young for Mario Chalmers
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: