Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Best Rock Live Performance Ever

There's been a lot of great bands around over the years... And while some are entirely thrilling and heart-stopping... I've never ever seen a live greater than this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocpn-pxT0D4

This is the song called Art of Life performed by the legendary band X-Japan. It took the band leader (Yoshiki, who performs both the drums and piano) only 1 year to write this 30 minute opus that included a fully symphony background. This song was only recorded three times. Once when they recorded it in the studio, and the other two times were the only times they ever played it for an audience... That being December 30 and 31st of 1993.

Watch the live, see if you enjoy it, and please comment. Also please post a live that you yourself think may be better or just as good.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Nothing more than a rock ballad. I've seen many do something similar and better. I see nothing that special.

This reminds me of the Alan Parson's Project, a good show if you have the chance.

Try Brian Wilson's "Smile" album for a well thought out pop/rock composition that is groundbreaking a complete.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Nothing special? There's probably only a handful of drummers that can play the drums (double bass drums too by the way) at his consistency and speed and about zero that can go right ahead and play the piano right after. And this is for a thirty minute song.

Perhaps you don't understand the degree of difficulty that this piece renders.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
bruinballer
Decent playground baller

bruinballer has an OK reputation so far

Uh... i'm reminded of John Paul Jones rockin da skins on Moby ****... not quite thirty minutes, but an awesome concert just the same... for those of you who haven't clued in yet, The Song Remains The Same, Led Zeppelin...

Also, if u caught either Pink Floyd's The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon tours... f'n rocked!!!!
bruinballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: