Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Good bye A.I.

Sources: Nuggets to acquire Billups in agreed-to Iverson tradeESPN.com

The Nuggets and Pistons have agreed in principle on a trade that would send Allen Iverson to Detroit and Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess and Cheikh Samb to Denver, sources have told ESPN.

The deal has not been finalized.

I'm done with them. The trade Camby to get under the cap. And would lose AI 20 million at end of the year and what do the do. Chauncy has 4 yeas left averaging 15 mil and Antonio has 2 yrs left making 8 million.. so here we go back over the salery cap and instead of trading for youth..trading for over the hill players..

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 11-03-2008 at 04:03 PM.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Good bye A.I.

I will definitely miss him if this move is indeed for real. He's such a fighter, never quits.

He just hasn't been himself this season though, whether it's injuries or just mental, it wasn't good to watch. I'm happy for him, though, he's finally got a chance to win a title/make it back to the finals since his mvp season.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

God I hate this management. While we're at it, why not trade Carmelo away too? Buncha morons.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/n....ap/index.html

Goodbye guys, and screw ur management. All WHAT AI & His fans wanted was to win the championship..he single handedly won u the golden state game that qualified u to the playoffs...

for first time since 1980's you were able to do 50 wins..with AI as top scorer, assister & stealer of the team.

anyways, looks like its over..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
God I hate this management. While we're at it, why not trade Carmelo away too? Buncha morons.

AMEN... let's see trade AI and his expiring contract for HOMETOWN HERO Chauncey and his large 4 yr contract. And Antonio.. BTW haven't they been here before and both FAILED

So now JR starts and who will provide the points from the bench?

Why not just stay with AI and when he walks after the season, find a YOUNG free agent player.

Mark, Bret, and Rex you guys sure know how to destroy a franchise.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/n....ap/index.html

Goodbye guys, and screw ur management. All WHAT AI & His fans wanted was to win the championship..he single handedly won u the golden state game that qualified u to the playoffs...

for first time since 1980's you were able to do 50 wins..with AI as top scorer, assister & stealer of the team.

anyways, looks like its over..
Whats with all the "u guys" crap? Last time I checked, I was one of those "u's" and one of "his fans" as well. You're not the only one that's mad right now. But hey at least it's nice to know that guys like you and Ruslan only came with the luggage. Of course, I always had my doubts. Anyways, goodluck with "u" and your new team.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
paguy1955
High School Starter

NBA.com

There is one sticking point to the deal, though. McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Because of McDyess's objection, the Nuggets may waive the mandatory physical each player in a trade must take in order for the league to approve any deal. McDyess may be seeking a buyout of the remainder of his contract (two years, $13.6 million).

A source with knowledge of the trade discussions says that the Nuggets would be willing to discuss a buyout with McDyess, but only if he agrees to a "significant" amount less than the $13.6 million he's due through the end of the 2009-10 season
Old 11-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Whats with all the "u guys" crap? Last time I checked, I was one of those "u's" and one of "his fans" as well. You're not the only one that's mad right now. But hey at least it's nice to know that guys like you and Ruslan only came with the luggage. Of course, I always had my doubts. Anyways, goodluck with "u" and your new team.

sorry man, but am pissed as hell..

I fall in love with this team..Likes of Nene, Jr.Smith & Kleiza I wanted them to improve always..and supported them... Believed them to be the next big thing...

Its mixed emotions.. u fall in love with a team thanks to a player(AI), and when that player leaves it sucks..its second time happening after the sixers.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
sorry man, but am pissed as hell..

I fall in love with this team..Likes of Nene, Jr.Smith & Kleiza I wanted them to improve always..and supported them... Believed them to be the next big thing...

Its mixed emotions.. u fall in love with a team thanks to a player(AI), and when that player leaves it sucks..its second time happening after the sixers.
Sorry on my part too, man. We're all high on emotion right now and I take what I said back, except about Ruslan.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
paguy1955
High School Starter

The Denver Nuggets have waived F Juwan Howard, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Howard appeared in all three games for the Nuggets this season, averaging 0.7 ppg and 1.3 rpg in 7.3 minutes. InsideHoops.com

Cheikh Samb #35 Center

2008-09 Statistics
PPG 0.0 RPG 0.00 APG 0.0 EFF ? Born: Oct 22, 1984
Height: 7-1 / 2,16
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.
Years Pro: 1

This is the FUTURE of the Nuggets..we are DOOMED!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
paguy1955
High School Starter

So tell me where are the Nuggets gonna go for points from the bench??
Old 11-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #12
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

if we still had camby and made this trade i think we'd be division favorites. these moves aren't consistent as much as i love chauncey since i'm from denver.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #13
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
The Denver Nuggets have waived F Juwan Howard, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Howard appeared in all three games for the Nuggets this season, averaging 0.7 ppg and 1.3 rpg in 7.3 minutes. InsideHoops.com

Cheikh Samb #35 Center

2008-09 Statistics
PPG 0.0 RPG 0.00 APG 0.0 EFF ? Born: Oct 22, 1984
Height: 7-1 / 2,16
Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.
Years Pro: 1

This is the FUTURE of the Nuggets..we are DOOMED!

Scary ain't it?
But seriously though, he's a big guy and I've seen some highlights, even though there wasn't much. Apparently he's specialty is defense and oh yeah, he's a pretty good fly swatter as well. But still, I have absolutely no idea where this organization is trying to go and I have a feeling that this won't be the end of it either in terms of trades.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #14
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Strange that everybody here hates the trade and everybody on Nuggets Talk loves it.. Honestly I think it's good for the team, I think we'll start off slow with him though.

A bittersweet trade if there ever was one
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
So tell me where are the Nuggets gonna go for points from the bench??
Let's see, there's Kleiza and umm.......Atkins? Seriously, I'd rather have AD suit up at 52 for us than the ones we currently got coming off the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: