Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Granger or Charlie V?

which SF would you rather have, Granger or Charlie V (ex-raptor)? Both seem to have the same kind of game, but I think Granger has a bit more on him on defense, and Charlie V can shoot a little better than Granger....which would you pick?
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

i'd take granger if my team lacked defense, and i'd take charlie if i lacked a really talented big and needed a go-to scorer.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #3
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

hmmm Id take charlie
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

personally i would take Granger, his dee is amazing and he isnt that bad on offense..but for the 17th pick, he was a steal
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #5
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Talking

I'd take Charlie .............and then deal him for some guy named TJ Ford....
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #6
Nhui
I brick open layups

I rather have Granger, the guy can play more D and is more well-rounded. Charlie is a good 2nd scoring option and offensive rebounder but that is about it. Why not keep Charlie at 7th and pick Granger at 15th (or 16th dun remember and dump Graham... dunno why we comparing CV and DG... Will having Ford and Granger minus CV be easier to stomach for those who hate the Ford trade? Ford is going to take the Raptors somewhere at PG.. unlike CV and that is what the trade is about.. not who is going to have better stats.
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #7
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

I'll take Villanueva, no health issues, a 6'11 big man who score inside and outside. Granger is good but I think Villanueva can be a more valuable player in the future. His passing skills for a big man is a good asset. Decent rebounder too.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:56 AM   #8
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

I am taking Granger, Better rebounder,defense and Granger can avarage 15 PPG which is good. For people who dont watch college basketball Granger is a monster rebounder and i mean he is an SF who can avarage 9 Rebounds Per Game in a NBA season. His defense will probably be a Top 3 in the league one day and like a said he can give you 15 PPG and maybe in his prime he can even give you 18 PPG. Please people stop mentioning his name, everytime i hear this guys name i feel horrible, we couldved had this guy instead of Graham. But he had a dumbass Gm who wanted to get results soon and he though Grahams atheleticism would help him be more NBA ready and his dumbass would get canned. He forgot there was a proven defensive and rebounding SF right there available.

C-Nesterovic/Pape Sow/Slokar
Pf-Bosh/Garjobosa/Humprhies
Sf-Granger/Andrea Bargnani
SG-Mo Pete/Anthony Parker/Jones
PG-Tj Ford/Calderon

Now thats a team that can make some noise in the playoffs.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #9
RapsFan
Great college starter

Real question, which was already on a post, is Granger or Graham. We could have TJ and Granger......what could have been.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

If it's at SF I take Granger if it's at PF I take Charlie V.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

talent wise charlie V
need wise granger

but at the end of the day if i had the choice to have charlie or granger for nothing its take charlie everytime, granger would be a great addition but charlie's charlie
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
CB4isJC
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
If it's at SF I take Granger if it's at PF I take Charlie V.

We must remember something, probably the main reason that Charlie was traded. Charlie V is a power forward. He can get away with being a SF on offense but not on D; and he never will. Colangelo knew that at the end of the day, Charlie and CB4 are both starting PFs and one had to go.
Given that, Granger is the better small forward, even though Charlie is freakishly versatile for his size.

But don't give up on Joey Graham people. He had one below expectations rookie season, yet showed us some flashes of what could be. Solid midrange game, good boards, team player, and athletic. In my opinion, he could have been more aggressive on offense but most likely listened to his coaches saying that he was a forth of fifth option behind Chris, James, Mo, etc...even Bonner shot more than him. God, what about when Jalen was around!!!

I give Joey credit for taking the team role and doing what his coaches asked of him which is move the ball around, get boards, and play D. His D could have been better but he was a rookie. I think he deserves props for passing up shots and playing the team game in a Mike James run offense.

Rather Granger than Joey? Right now he is better, but I'll wait a few months into the season to make my final choice. Joey could really surprise us.

Last edited by CB4isJC : 09-12-2006 at 01:33 PM.
CB4isJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #13
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Granger has Charlie so destroyed on the defencive side it's not even funny... it's like comparing Bowen to Nash defencively. Granger is amuch much more physical player who can shoot from anywhere on the floor and score down low... he definatly has the versatility and skill to play the 3, 4 or 5(he could play center like Diaw plays center). This guy is gonna be some kind of superstar if he puts it all together.

Charlie is a scorer, he can rebound ok and has decent hands... he will be a goto scorer for years to come, but he is a liability on defence.

Both are going to be good NBA players, but I think as long as you have a goto scorer on your team, Granger wins this matchup by a mile.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #14
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
I am taking Granger, Better rebounder,defense and Granger can avarage 15 PPG which is good. For people who dont watch college basketball Granger is a monster rebounder and i mean he is an SF who can avarage 9 Rebounds Per Game in a NBA season. His defense will probably be a Top 3 in the league one day and like a said he can give you 15 PPG and maybe in his prime he can even give you 18 PPG. Please people stop mentioning his name, everytime i hear this guys name i feel horrible, we couldved had this guy instead of Graham. But he had a dumbass Gm who wanted to get results soon and he though Grahams atheleticism would help him be more NBA ready and his dumbass would get canned. He forgot there was a proven defensive and rebounding SF right there available.

C-Nesterovic/Pape Sow/Slokar
Pf-Bosh/Garjobosa/Humprhies
Sf-Granger/Andrea Bargnani
SG-Mo Pete/Anthony Parker/Jones
PG-Tj Ford/Calderon

Now thats a team that can make some noise in the playoffs.

College ball does not mean a thing. If it does then PJ Tucker is a monster rebounder.

That aside Granger did have some big rebounding games in the NBA as a rookie.

They are slightly different in terms of position. Charlie V has more power which makes him more versatile offensively.

I would say at this point it is a toss up especially depending on your teams' needs.

If character was the deciding factor I would say Charlie V hands down.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
RapsFan
Great college starter

I wouldn't go as far to say that college means nothing. Also, I don't know where anyone would get Cvill has better or worse character then Granger. Bottom line, it's too bad we didn't take Cvill AND Granger in that draft, and dealt Cvill for TJ (for those who agree with that 1 for 1 deal). But, there isn't much we can do. Let's hope that won't be a pick we all continue to look back and second guess.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: