Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Game 6 vs Rockets 11/7

V
Los Angeles Clipper(0-5) VS Houston Rockets(3-0)

WHEN: Friday, November 8th at 7:30 PM
WHERE: Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
TV:KTLA theCW and ESPN
Radio: ESPN AM 710
Clippers Last Game: 88-106 "loss" @ Lakers
Rockets Last Game: ??-?? at Portland

Q's Quote:
"Slow start continues with our tough schedule. We played hard our last game, but refs decided to end the game as opposed to giving us a shot with inconsistent tick-tack calls. Rockets are playing tonight, hopefully the Blazers tire them out. Also, let's make sure Houston gets out healthy so the homers team will lose. Houston is coming off a double-OT loss at Portland due to a great shot by Brandon Roy. McGrady played 44 minutes, Artest 45 and Yao 41, so they probably will be fatigued. We just have to play smart and not give up easy rebounds and lay-ups. Physical D is something I expect us to play since we will be able too tonight.

Let's Go Clippers "

Q's Prediciton: 104-94 victory.
Q's Prediction Record: 3-2

Join in the discussion at Basketballforum!

Last edited by qrich : 11-07-2008 at 01:42 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Game 6 vs Rockets 11/7

thats a damn bold prediction, but im hoping it comes true!
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
KAMALA
Banned

KAMALA has an OK reputation so far

These collapses are starting to wear on me. We really need to finish one.
KAMALA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

I hope clips win this one
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Besides Baron and Kaman, no one else had a good game. Mobley was getting ****ted on by Artest and Thornton was shut down by Artest. Camby, even with his 13 rebounds, could have done better bu its expected with the amount of time he has missed so far. Story of the season has been start out well, then fall asleep, this time around, it was the other way around as we were never able to overcome the early lead the Rockets had(25-10). I did love Gordons intensity to drive though, with all this talk about him being a pure shooter.

Oh yeah, Landry killed us.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #6
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Besides Baron and Kaman, no one else had a good game. Mobley was getting ****ted on by Artest and Thornton was shut down by Artest. Camby, even with his 13 rebounds, could have done better bu its expected with the amount of time he has missed so far. Story of the season has been start out well, then fall asleep, this time around, it was the other way around as we were never able to overcome the early lead the Rockets had(25-10). I did love Gordons intensity to drive though, with all this talk about him being a pure shooter.

i was at the game tonite...Clips got down early, but went on a nice run to get back in it...seemed like everytime they got to within two or three points, the Rockets would make a play and pull away again...Baron and Kaman played well...Tim Thomas got hurt in the 1st quarter and never came back from the locker room...McGrady did not have a single field goal and appeared to be almost taking the night off, but the Clips couldn't take advantage of that...another tough loss...towards the end of the game, many fans were yelling,"Fi-re Dun-leavy!"...Betcha Elgin Baylor is sitting back somewhere and smirking...guess we can't blame it on him anymore..
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 AM   #7
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

First Millsap, now this. We get murdered by guys who attack the glass. I thought having a guy like Brian Skinner would help our box out problems but I was wrong, we desperately need another guy off the bench who can grab boards.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
KAMALA
Banned

KAMALA has an OK reputation so far

Honestly tho I think you can see the Clippers getting a little bit better and a little bit more comfortable each game. 0-6 looks bad on paper, but when you think about the fact that the only teams they've played so far are 50-win playoff teams from last year, which games could you really expect them to win this early? Yeah they should have finished off the Nuggets when they wre up 18 at half, that was pretty embarrassing, but still....that was the game Baron left early, and I believe Marcus was still out.

When the schedule finally breaks the CLippers are gonna be very battle tested. Like Dunleavy said in the presser, it's better to play the good teams who you might lose to anyway early while you're still rusty, then play bad teams early while you're still rusty and lose to them and then lose later to the good teams.

And I do like the body language. There was a lot of concern about the character makeup of this new roster, but so far everyone looks positive and determined to get one soon. Like I said, once the schedule breaks into some of the easier contests, the Clippers are gonna feel confident from having hung around with teams like the Rockets and Lakers and Jazz.
KAMALA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: