Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far
Default the problem

we need a pick and roll guy. andre miller isnt' him and will never be. brand cannot be as effective in the post if he can't operate elsewhere off double teams. i say we give the clips what they want for kaman catino mobley or whatever we can get as a third team in the "rumor" toronto wants to trade the time is now. give lou the pg full time what could it freaking hurt. hell we need a shooter alot of teams have those it's insane how korver is what we need. i would be open to all suggestions not involving thad young he is way tooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooood
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the problem

i agree with about 0% of that except that there's a problem. i don't know what it is exactly but i think i'll watch a lot of sixers this season because i get CSN on a nice widescreen TV.

i'm still mystified how AI2 could be such a beast as the main man but be so underwhelming this year with all the extra support he has now. watching the fourth quarter of the utah game tonight was pretty painful, especially after the rousing third quarter. at times it looks like the team is too flat and emotionless, i don't know...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsanchez306
we need a pick and roll guy. andre miller isnt' him and will never be. brand cannot be as effective in the post if he can't operate elsewhere off double teams. i say we give the clips what they want for kaman catino mobley or whatever we can get as a third team in the "rumor" toronto wants to trade the time is now. give lou the pg full time what could it freaking hurt. hell we need a shooter alot of teams have those it's insane how korver is what we need. i would be open to all suggestions not involving thad young he is way tooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooood
No were not going to pull off no trade like that but tell me more about this rumor with toronto.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 11-11-2008 at 10:56 PM.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #4
donsanchez306

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
No were not going to pull off no trade like that but tell me more about this rumor with toronto.
SORRY BAD POST .......i had a very terrible day. just not the right time to be a poster or a sixer fan. i'll redeem myself on a better day. have mercey on my post.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 AM   #5
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsanchez306
SORRY BAD POST .......i had a very terrible day. just not the right time to be a poster or a sixer fan. i'll redeem myself on a better day. have mercey on my post.
Don't worry about it this team stinks I think we are all scratching our head about this team. So are the people in Canada giving you grief about that oppening night beat down they put on Philly. If so you got some more coming because we play them tommorrow. I can feel it already Toronto is going to crush us like a pop can.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

With Brand on the Block, and Dalembert needing to play so close to the basket, there is not room for Iggy to slash...and his shot is not good enough to play outside primarily. Teams are just loading up the middle and daring the 6'ers to shoot. The 6'ers have great talent, that meshes poorly. As bizzare as it sounds, I think they are missing Jason Smith a bit...he gives a nice face up compliment, and adds some size to the front court.

You should trade Iggy to Toronto for Kapono and Joey graham, that should open things up
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13

You should trade Iggy to Toronto for Kapono and Joey graham, that should open things up

or not and say we did?
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
With Brand on the Block, and Dalembert needing to play so close to the basket, there is not room for Iggy to slash...and his shot is not good enough to play outside primarily.
i'm not sure i buy that. thaddeus venture doesn't seem to have trouble finding room to slash around the rim, and he's not much better or worse than iggy athletically AFAIK.

it's also way too early to bail on integrating brand with iggy. considering the investments made in their contracts, you've got to give it til the trade deadline IMO.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Philadelphia had averaged more than 18 turnovers in its past three games, but cut that to 13 on Wednesday.

One problem this year is turnovers. Also creating/forcing turning and turning those into points.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
donsanchez306

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
Don't worry about it this team stinks I think we are all scratching our head about this team. So are the people in Canada giving you grief about that oppening night beat down they put on Philly. If so you got some more coming because we play them tommorrow. I can feel it already Toronto is going to crush us like a pop can.
hindsight is 20/20 im not the only philly fan here . yea i see alot of toronto games but thats because we air it so much. "RAPTOR CHANNEL" o well i got to see most of the philly game before i had to play ball and i just got 2k9 and started a sixer dynasty
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we should win 3 of our next 4 if not all 4

@ Indiana (4-3)
vs. OKC (1-7)
@ Minnesota (1-6)
vs. LAC (1-7)

Granger is dangerous and Troy Murphy does well against us. But if we can win 3 of those (and hell we should, look at those records) we'd be back at .500
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #12
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im going to the clippers game.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #13
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'm not sure i buy that. thaddeus venture doesn't seem to have trouble finding room to slash around the rim, and he's not much better or worse than iggy athletically AFAIK.

it's also way too early to bail on integrating brand with iggy. considering the investments made in their contracts, you've got to give it til the trade deadline IMO.

Though you get huge points for a Venture Bros reference...I think the difference is you have to respect Thad shot more, so you can't play off him and stop the drive/channel him into the interior defenders.

I do think they will figure it out (though, being a Raps fan, I hope they don't)...Iggy may just have to accept being a third option offensively, and doing his damage on D and the fast break.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
donsanchez306

[quote=Valliant13]Though you get huge points for a Venture Bros reference...I think the difference is you have to respect Thad shot more, so you can't play off him and stop the drive/channel him into the interior defenders.

I do think they will figure it out (though, being a Raps fan, I hope they don't)...Iggy may just have to accept being a third option offensively, and doing his damage on D and the fast break.[/QUOTE]
i'd like to see him develop into that guy and thad young develop into a solid two , while brand falls in line.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: