Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Baron, Dunleavy at odds?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...1018599.column

Quote:
Davis already has winced at parts of Dunleavy's rigid system, and is openly worrying that the thick playbook weighs heavily on the freelance ability that has made him one of the league's best guards.

Dunleavy has sighed at Davis' wince, and is quietly hoping that his best player will eventually buy into a script he believes will only make Davis better.

Seven games into the season, the Clippers' biggest issue is not with other teams, but between their two most high-profile employees, Davis and Dunleavy trying desperately to figure each other out.

At stake is everything.

Quote:
Davis, sometimes rewriting Dunleavy's script to take bail-out heaves early in the clock, needed 19 shots for those 22 points, and clearly didn't run all the plays that were ordered.

Said Davis: "There's definitely a disconnect there. I've never had so many plays in my entire career."

Said Dunleavy: "We're working through it right now."

Said Davis: "I have to figure out how to fit more into his system, and he has to figure out how to relax his grip."

Said Dunleavy: "I'm confident everything will be fine."

I don't know anything about Bill Plaschke away from Around the Horn. Is he a good source?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: Baron, Dunleavy at odds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...1018599.column

I don't know anything about Bill Plaschke away from Around the Horn. Is he a good source?
he's an ok writer but he's not going to make up things for a story like actual quotes if that's what you're wondering...

Last edited by qrich : 11-13-2008 at 11:40 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he's an ok writer but he's not going to make up things for a story like actual quotes if that's what you're wondering...
He has pieced together quotes from preseason and more current quotes. The quotes are placed out of context. Some of the quotes are very misleading to make more of a story. Plaschke has always been negative regarding the Clippers.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 AM   #4
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
He has pieced together quotes from preseason and more current quotes. The quotes are placed out of context. Some of the quotes are very misleading to make more of a story. Plaschke has always been negative regarding the Clippers.
He's okay but for clipper story, he pieces things over weeks..so it's out of context
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: