Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
collusion
Win one for LHM

collusion has an OK reputation so far
Default Kosta Koufos?

As I was watching the Washington game, Koufos looked very respectable. He's a presence on defense. He made some mid range jumpers. Has he established himself as the #2 center on the Jazz? (not a particularly tough thing to do, but still impressive for a rookie)
collusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kosta Koufos?

Koufos is weak as hell
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:32 AM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Has he established himself as the #2 center on the Jazz?

I'd expect him to be back on the bench when Okur returns though he can obviously help them.

He's hardly weak. He's got game. Looks like he could give them some d and shot blocking and he's done it without picking up a lot of fouls. Have to see what happens against one of the best in Iggy on Saturday. He rebounds. He can shoot inside and out. He can handle the ball. Run the floor. Set screens.

Already better than Collins ever has been and looks like he could be better than Okur in time. Looks more comfortable in the post already, blocks more shots and hits the boards better. He hasn't shown the range of Okur yet or being able to put it on the floor and go to the hoop but he can dribble.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 11-13-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I'd expect him to be back on the bench when Okur returns though he can obviously help them.

He's hardly weak. He's got game. Looks like he could give them some d and shot blocking and he's done it without picking up a lot of fouls. Have to see what happens against one of the best in Iggy on Saturday. He rebounds. He can shoot inside and out. He can handle the ball. Run the floor. Set screens.

Already better than Collins ever has been and looks like he could be better than Okur in time. Looks more comfortable in the post already, blocks more shots and hits the boards better. He hasn't shown the range of Okur yet or being able to put it on the floor and go to the hoop but he can dribble.

I agree, but don't forget Memo has a 6th offensive rebound sense. Its not that he agressivly boxes out his opponent, but for some reason, he knows where the bounce is going. Even on his team's free throws he picks up a few boards.

I hope Kosta gets good. That will help up when Milsap, Boozer, and maybe Memo all come asking for money. If Kosta is decent, it takes away a small ammount of free agent leverage.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
collusion
Win one for LHM

collusion has an OK reputation so far

Again Kosta looked good tonight against Charlotte. It's the the 3rd quarter and he has 4 blocks. I really like his D and rebounds. I don't think he'll replace Memo anytime soon but I think his play in Memo's absence has earned him more playing time than he would have gotten otherwise.
collusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by collusion
Again Kosta looked good tonight against Charlotte. It's the the 3rd quarter and he has 4 blocks. I really like his D and rebounds. I don't think he'll replace Memo anytime soon but I think his play in Memo's absence has earned him more playing time than he would have gotten otherwise.

Yeah he did! Good stuff.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
It's the the 3rd quarter and he has 4 blocks.

5 for the game. Anyone other than AK did that since Tag? Milsap? Should have played more. They might have won

Quote:
I really like his D and rebounds.

I like everything he does.

Quote:
I don't think he'll replace Memo anytime soon

Of course not unless they get a new coach but he should be in the rotation and could certainly factor in their future moves concerning Okur, Boozer and Milsap.

Quote:
I think his play in Memo's absence has earned him more playing time than he would have gotten otherwise

Looked good in pre season the few opportunities he had. Should have been playing anyway.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 AM   #8
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

I like Kosta, Hes memo but better inside, and not so good out. He will develop, after this season he will realise the importance of working out more. maybe he will come back a bit stronger next season with a few more inside moves and he will be the 2nd force coming off he bench.

Sloan already chose him over Fes last night, who was available to play but still started Kosta over him.

Look out in a few years time, this guy gunna be something not far from memo's skill.
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Hes memo but better inside, and not so good out.

He hasn't shown the range of Okur yet but he can shoot inside and out. Haven't seen him put it on the floor and go to the rim yet either or body up on someone defensively but other than that I'm not so sure Okur has much of anything on the kid.

Quote:
and he will be the 2nd force coming off he bench.

He could be their go to big guy next year depending on what happens with the others.

Quote:
Sloan already chose him over Fes last night

I think he's been over Fess since day 1. Could definitely see it in the pre-season and it sounds like in the summer league too.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
I like Kosta, Hes memo but better inside, and not so good out. He will develop, after this season he will realise the importance of working out more. maybe he will come back a bit stronger next season with a few more inside moves and he will be the 2nd force coming off he bench.

Sloan already chose him over Fes last night, who was available to play but still started Kosta over him.

Look out in a few years time, this guy gunna be something not far from memo's skill.

Yeah. Seems like a quicker more aggresive Memo too (minus the range). Once Sloan saw he was in better shape than Fes, he had the nod.

I like him. He could get regulat minutes against some of the twin tower teams when Milsap's energy isn't overcoming his size.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #11
Fans in Asia
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Fans in Asia has an OK reputation so far

The only shining spot that we have in the whole "dark" Road Trip. And perhaps we can forget Fes, Coach Sloan just does not like him.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com[/list]
Fans in Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fans in Asia
And perhaps we can forget Fes, Coach Sloan just does not like him.

yea i noticed that, i can understand why as well. Hes not in shape, he hasnt got the mind of a basketball player (meaning that he doesnt set up plays and prefers to just play free-style hoping to get a good shot). Hes not a good shooter, however his inside game isnt too bad and his D is pretty good.
Dont look for him to start or get many minutes under sloan, hell be back with the Flash soon i think and then he will get traded.

As for Kosta??

Kosta>>>Collins
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Fessenko>>>>>>>>>>>>Collins
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: