Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far
Default America VS/ World

Who would win if you assembled best players in nba for america and best world players for one huge allstar game.Think about it there are alot of awesome world players nash,parker,ginobili,kerilinko,nowitzki,gasol,yao, peja,magloire,big z,dalembert,bogut,deng,nene,okur.I mean im not saying this team would win but damn it would be a good game.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:55 AM   #2
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

They should put on an international game instead of these shitty meaningless all-star games.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think the world team takes it.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

David stern was asked this question and he said it would not be fair cause the american team would have alot more to choose from.I think he knows the game would be the biggest ever and know it would hurt the american perception to be beaten by anyone not american.Like the olympic fiasco.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

America would get destroyed easily.

Remember in the 2003 Olympic qualifyer, a team consisting of guys like Kidd-Bibby-Iverson-Carter-McGrady-Allen-Brand- O'Neal-Duncan almost lost to Argentina and played poorly against other national squads like Puerto Rico.

And now you want a US squad vs. an international all-star squad? No contest. US gets killed.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
America would get destroyed easily.

pg: Kidd/Paul
sg: Kobe/Wade/Redd
sf: Lebron/Artest
pf: KG/Amare/Marion
c: Duncan/Shaq

That team would get destroyed?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
jn2rons
Kids at the park dunk on me

jn2rons has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Not true...with NBA rules, the Americans would have the advantage.

Set the lineups...

USA
PG- Wade?
SG- Kobe
SF- Lebron
PF- Duncan
C- Shaq
Bench- KG, AI, Pierce, Brand, Stoudemire

Int'l
PG- Nash
SG- Ginobli
SF- Kirielenko(sp)
PF- Nowitzki
C- Yao
Bench- Parker, Gasol, Diaw, Big Z, Gasol

Under NBA rules (rectangular lane, goaltending, fouls, etc...) I do not see the US team losing...but I still think that it would be more entertaining than the current product.

Let's do it!
jn2rons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
PG- Wade?
SG- Kobe
SF- Lebron
PF- Duncan
C- Shaq
Bench- KG, AI, Pierce, Brand, Stoudemire

That's a sick team... Considering that the international team would have about the same amount of time to come together and practice as the US team, I don't see the international team surviving the first quarter...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

That's BS the internationals don't have enough to pick from. The international talent pool in the league make up a vast majority of the best foreign players in the world. Who else would the internationals add to the squad from overseas based players?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

US would would win as they have more talent. For every International allstar, there's an American player with the same skill set or better. And US would have better defense.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

Us would win.
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #12
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

How would US get destroyed?

Duncan, Kobe, Wade, Dirk and LeBron...that's my top 5 in the world, and 4 of them are from the states.

Of course if Duncan is considered INT, then it might be a different story.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #13
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Default What

Is it just me or did the ''dream team'' Just get the bronze .With argentina taking gold some how.Go back to that team they had a hell of alot of talent.Duncan,lebron,marion,iverson,amare,melo,wad e,and other''bums''That team was awesome and they couldnt take ginobili by himself.How the hell would they handle al the top world players with time to practice.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #14
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
David stern was asked this question and he said it would not be fair cause the american team would have alot more to choose from.

so what? it would be far more interesting.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #15
jn2rons
Kids at the park dunk on me

jn2rons has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzledrook
Is it just me or did the ''dream team'' Just get the bronze .With argentina taking gold some how.Go back to that team they had a hell of alot of talent.Duncan,lebron,marion,iverson,amare,melo,wad e,and other''bums''That team was awesome and they couldnt take ginobili by himself.How the hell would they handle al the top world players with time to practice.

Because unlike Euro's and S.American players...who play with or against each other ALL year, these teams would have NO time for practice (during A*S break).

With NBA rules as opposed to FIBA rules...US wins.
jn2rons is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: