Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default If you're reading...

El Kabong
Lowblok
Darkess
Heretik32
Cyco 127
CakeorDeath
OlDeRaDo 64
Cowhide hits hom
Chalkmaze

This is a shoutout. Where have you all been? This could be a rockin board, full of intelligent, reasonable fans.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people
Default Re: If you're reading...

I lurk

Shhhh...
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Cool. Takes all kinds.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
I lurk

Shhhh...

, I love it.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:03 AM   #5
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

Im studying for exams, i find small time to come on here these days
But i shall try and make more effort, especialy at weekends
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Im studying for exams, i find small time to come on here these days
But i shall try and make more effort, especialy at weekends

Now I feel bad. Don't waste time on an internet message board at expense to your exams...do as I say, not as I do.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Hey bro... I'm still around. I just been real busy since my son was born... He's gonna be two this weekend. Thanks for takin' up Mod duties though.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
Hey bro... I'm still around. I just been real busy since my son was born... He's gonna be two this weekend. Thanks for takin' up Mod duties though.

Hey, my pleasure. Hope the boy has a great birthday.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have abandoned the Jazz. Lordy help me mend my ways.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 AM   #10
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

I've been busy in my personal life, working out a lot, working on the house so I can sell it, trying to figure out where I'll be moving eventually. But besides those things, the Jazz are a mess right now (due to injuries etc.), plus, they needed to make some changes to the roster over the summer and yet they didn't, I just don't see them as being better than the Lakers right now, they got their butts kicked in last years playoffs and the Lakers were clearly a step better, and yet we hung pat. I do understand we've had some players like CJ, Fez, Almond, Brewer, Millsap mature some which helps, but it's not enough to give the Jazz the giant push they need in the playoffs. I think the players will play very very hard in the playoffs though, since so many players are in contract years, and I think that's a big plus, but it seems like the Jazz are just hoping to luck out and that the Lakers get some injuries in the playoffs, or the Jazz get lucky and match up well because another team beats a team like the Lakers or Spurs (if they regroup) or whoever is good this year. I don't really want to play the "we're not good enough, but we might get lucky and match up well in the playoffs" game, there's been enough of that over the years. I think there will likely be a trade by midseason, so I have some hope, but I don't see this Jazz team as being capable of being the best team in the league this year, it has most of the pieces, but their defense still sucks and the offense isn't particullarly awesome to make up for it. I know this will change once everyone's healthy, the Jazz will likely be a very good team, but not good enough to have me buy into them going all the way.

So in short, I don't think the Jazz have good enough defense to go all the way in the playoffs, so it's hard to get excited this year. They could be a great team though if they play well, but I'm greedy and want it all.

This guy for example, doesn't play D.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 11-18-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
some players like CJ, Fez, Almond, Brewer, Millsap mature some which helps, but it's not enough to give the Jazz the giant push they need in the playoffs

It might if the coach was flexible. Last nite CJ couldn't miss in the first quarter so you sit him the whole 2nd quarter and than hardly go to him the rest of the nite? Would hate to change your usual rotation. Collins made two good plays last nite and Koufos who's been making play after play sits most of the game. Almond has a good game and is in street clothes the next game. WTF?

Quote:
it seems like the Jazz are just hoping to luck out and that the Lakers get some injuries in the playoffs, or the Jazz get lucky and match up well because another team beats a team like the Lakers or Spurs (if they regroup) or whoever is good this year. I don't really want to play the "we're not good enough, but we might get lucky and match up well in the playoffs" game, there's been enough of that over the years.

Same old Jazz that's for sure. They should have been playing for broke the past two years but they just go about doing their thing while the rest of the league trys to improve.

Quote:
I think there will likely be a trade by midseason

I'd be surprised if they traded anyone other than Almond and Fess. I'd look to trade Boozer.

Quote:
their defense still sucks and the offense isn't particullarly awesome to make up for it

Don't forget the coach!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
I've been busy in my personal life, working out a lot, working on the house so I can sell it, trying to figure out where I'll be moving eventually. But besides those things, the Jazz are a mess right now (due to injuries etc.), plus, they needed to make some changes to the roster over the summer and yet they didn't, I just don't see them as being better than the Lakers right now, they got their butts kicked in last years playoffs and the Lakers were clearly a step better, and yet we hung pat. I do understand we've had some players like CJ, Fez, Almond, Brewer, Millsap mature some which helps, but it's not enough to give the Jazz the giant push they need in the playoffs. I think the players will play very very hard in the playoffs though, since so many players are in contract years, and I think that's a big plus, but it seems like the Jazz are just hoping to luck out and that the Lakers get some injuries in the playoffs, or the Jazz get lucky and match up well because another team beats a team like the Lakers or Spurs (if they regroup) or whoever is good this year. I don't really want to play the "we're not good enough, but we might get lucky and match up well in the playoffs" game, there's been enough of that over the years. I think there will likely be a trade by midseason, so I have some hope, but I don't see this Jazz team as being capable of being the best team in the league this year, it has most of the pieces, but their defense still sucks and the offense isn't particullarly awesome to make up for it. I know this will change once everyone's healthy, the Jazz will likely be a very good team, but not good enough to have me buy into them going all the way.

So in short, I don't think the Jazz have good enough defense to go all the way in the playoffs, so it's hard to get excited this year. They could be a great team though if they play well, but I'm greedy and want it all.

This guy for example, doesn't play D.

Wow... Old school pic. Literally, my old High-school. I've played pickup ball with 'Los on that floor.

Oh, BTW Boozer's D has definately been better so far this season. Don't get me wrong, there's still work to be done. But it is getting better.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Chalkmaze, I hear ya. There are things infinitely more important than our Jazz message board.

You are right on on the "get lucky" thing. That is what I'm counting on. Nobody on the team should get worse, and a lot shoud get better with age. But that isn't the "huge push" you were talking about. But still, anything can happen in a 7 game series. Maybe someone else will knock the Lakers out for us??? If we can get innjured, so can they. The Rocket's big three all went down in one game last night. With all the injuries, the rest of the crew are stepping up. Boozer looks different. He is calling for the ball and making things happen in the paint. I bet he has had more dunks this month than any last year. AK looks like he loves that bench role. If those two play better than last year, and Deron comes back to be his old self, the team should be merkedy improved. The injuries could have started a fire AK and Booze.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #14
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Nobody on the team should get worse

Harpring? BrevRin? Collins couldn't get any worse I guess.

Quote:
Maybe someone else will knock the Lakers out for us???

Like the Spurs? LOL!

Quote:
If we can get innjured, so can they.

But until the Jazz show this depth everyone talks about it won't mater.

Quote:
With all the injuries, the rest of the crew are stepping up.

They are? You miss the road trip?

Quote:
Boozer looks different.

His matador D on Shaq looked the same.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #15
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Sorry I been out with injuries, originally it looked like 6-8 weeks but I'm giving it a go today.

I"ll go easy with 1 or 2 posts right now and try to build it up. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks I'll be back in forum shape posting for the rest of the season!!!

Let's Go Jazz & all the Fans!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: