Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #1
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Cool "Not how you want to start a season, trust me."-by Tony Parker

Quote:
"Not how you want to start a season, trust me."
Tony Parker's Blog
Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here's Tony Parker's Latest Blog:

Like anyone who loves playing a sport, you get pumped up for the start of a new year. At the start of every NBA season, all 30 teams in the NBA are on equal footing with one goal... the NBA championship. A lesson you quickly learn is that talent alone doesn't get you anything. You've got to work for it, and that's what makes our league so great.

Once things start, another lesson you learn is that just about anything can happen, including things that are beyond your control. How you react, deal with those unexpected events and rise again is the nature of being an athlete. Injuries are extremely frustrating, but you can't let that get you or your teammates down. You have to endure and persevere when challenges arise. Not every game can be a blowout win and not every path is without obstacles.

Our goal in San Antonio like it is every year, was to get out early and win games. We've had some early struggles in the first few games here, including some games we should not have lost. I also rolled an ankle and have to take the next few weeks off. Not how you want to start a season, trust me.

Truth is, once we're back together on the court and healthy, we've got an exciting team again in San Antonio this year, but it's still the same focus, same game plan, the same ultimate goal. These early challenges to our team will test us, but in the end, they will make us better and stronger and hungrier.

READ THE REST OF TONY'S BLOG HERE
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
runningdonut
I airball my layups

Default Re: "Not how you want to start a season, trust me."-by Tony Parker

One of the classiest dudes in the NBA right now.

Don't count them out yet. They are playing with a team of reserves and competing in most of their games. I think they would be alright if they could get to the basket and stop taking so many jump shots. Don't call it a fluke, I think Tony is going to step it up huge for them this year.
runningdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Re: "Not how you want to start a season, trust me."-by Tony Parker

If he comes back stronger than before, he should be considered at least mentioned as an MVP Candidate. :)
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: