Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Is now the time to deal Tony Parker?

Having CP and Calderon on my team, I feel ok with assists for now. I can always add someone later if necessary.

So is between now and when he comes back in Decemeber the best time to move him? There's no doubt he'll need to adjust to the game again, and his numbers will probably take a hit for a while. He's probably not going to be ranked again in the top 20 in averages, so do you deal him now on the eve of his comeback to an owner that's looking at his bloated averages? Or do I hang onto him and rack up more assists while he gets back into the flow of the game?

My thought was to do a 2for1 where I included Parker and someone else and aimed for Jefferson or someone similar. Thoughts?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Daniel7123
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Is now the time to deal Tony Parker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Having CP and Calderon on my team, I feel ok with assists for now. I can always add someone later if necessary.

So is between now and when he comes back in Decemeber the best time to move him? There's no doubt he'll need to adjust to the game again, and his numbers will probably take a hit for a while. He's probably not going to be ranked again in the top 20 in averages, so do you deal him now on the eve of his comeback to an owner that's looking at his bloated averages? Or do I hang onto him and rack up more assists while he gets back into the flow of the game?

My thought was to do a 2for1 where I included Parker and someone else and aimed for Jefferson or someone similar. Thoughts?
depends who else is on your roster but you are correct if you do have calderon and paul it is in fact time to move him
Daniel7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
vood002
Not airballing my layups anymore

I have Parker...I would expect slightly better numbers than his last couple of seasons, but certainly not too many 50+ point outbursts.

Remember this team is only getting older and their bench seems thinner than ever this year. Parker is still young and quite a bit of the scoring load will be on his shoulders. You can expect good points, and as always a great FG%.

That said, he doesn't contribute too well in many other categories--something around 6 assists and a steal sounds reasonable. His value will be high after he comes back and lights it up for a few games, if you can get a more multi-category type of guy go for it. Otherwise I certainly think he helps any team, reguardless of your assists situation.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
Justineu87
Not airballing my layups anymore

Tony Parker is still gonna put up what he has in the past. He's still gonna be a consistent source of points and %'s. are cp3, calderon and parker your only pgs? if you have others, you should be fine offering for something you need.
Justineu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
RapsFan
Good college starter

I don't think there is a wrong answer. I had parker and recently dealt him in a 3 for 2. I am happy that I did, but that wasn't because I thought Parker would fall down to earth a lot. I expect a career season. The trade just helped me in othe ways.

So for you, does TP help you? If so, keep him as you have other guys you can offer in a 2 for 1. Now that you're starting to get healthy, now is the time to make those offers.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: