Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Will you play Tony Parker on Saturday?

He played 16 mins tonight, had 15 and 7, so will you plug him back into your lineups or wait until next week when he's not dealing with back-to-back games?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
hayden695
College star

Default Re: Will you play Tony Parker on Saturday?

depends on who else i got a guad
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
RapsFan
Good college starter

ben, don't you have safer options for tonight? You're team is pretty deep. Is this h2h? If so, then it totally depends where your match is at coming into the final 2 nights of the week. if I needed pts, fg% more then something else that a guy on my team provided, then yes I would play him, but not expect a massive game and a potential for a zero.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
ben, don't you have safer options for tonight? You're team is pretty deep. Is this h2h? If so, then it totally depends where your match is at coming into the final 2 nights of the week. if I needed pts, fg% more then something else that a guy on my team provided, then yes I would play him, but not expect a massive game and a potential for a zero.

Yeah, it wasnt a question of having a safer option, at least right now. Its a roto league, so I've left a couple of positions open over the last week, so I've got some games to make up. My team, once healthy, is in great shape, and if everyone can stay that way (knock on wood), I've got great options each night. There might actually be nights that I bench a guy like Durant because I have a lot of other options.

So that basically means that I had two options tonight: either play a weak Parker and hope that he put up decent options and fill one of those missed games, OR sit him tonight and have more games for the future to be made up by (hopefully) more healthy options. So play a weak Parker tonight or down the road fit Durant into my lineup on a night when I have an extra roster spot? I agree that Parker is not set to play his best at this point, so I'm electing to sit him tonight to gain the opportunity to make up some games down the road. Hope that made sense. Thanks for the input!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Almost 27 mins tonight and good numbers. I'll plug him back in next week and hope that he gets his wind soon
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: